Sunday Morning Roll Call April 25, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby Vickilh » April 26th, 2004, 8:55 am

First weigh in and I lost 7lbs. Don't get me wrong I am very happy about it, but this the same 7lbs I have been gaining and losing for the past 9 months. So the real goal is to make it to the next weigh in. This is the time were I usually quit. I think there is the fear of success. Weight loss would mean some big changes and I think I psych myself out when I get to this point and then sabatoge further weight loss. Does that make sense???

So... I am happy that I lost, but trying to stay focused and on track to make it down lbs the next week...then I will be really happy as I will have pushed past the "stuck" point.

Talking to "less" of everyone next weigh in!!

Vicki
Vicki
1st goal - 150
end goal - 136
Vickilh

Postby shineface » April 26th, 2004, 1:03 pm

Hey you big LOSERS-----------

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!down and DONE... gone forever each pound lost...

I'm down 2 pounds this week for a total of 58 pounds gone forever and I'm now weighing in at 232.

WATCH OUT 60 pound club --- here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » April 26th, 2004, 1:52 pm

Wow gang! We're at 62.1 pounds gone for good this week! Way to go!

you guys are such LOSERS~
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ackgrrl13 » April 26th, 2004, 3:33 pm

First weigh in was today,Monday, April 26. I started on Tuesday, April 21 and I've lost 9#! Woo hoo. :lol:
ackgrrl13

Postby Nancy » April 26th, 2004, 6:51 pm

Wowser! You aren't even at the one week point and you are such a loser!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby turtle53 » April 27th, 2004, 6:22 pm

Well, this being my first writing to this forum, I just want to say, all your wrtiing in here is inspiring.
I am excited to report that tomorrow will be the end of week 2 for me and I have lost 11 lbs. so far. This is great! I am now down under the 200 mark.
I've studied many different things and tried many diets. This seems to be the one that works.
You all keep up the good work.
Hey, food for thought..... I'm wondering if, when you get under a certain weight, does it make certain brain cells snap and you dont want all the junk foods? I mean every skinny person I watch, only picks at the sweets. When I was skinney, (about 30 years ago) I didnt want all the fatty foods like I've grown accostumed to. I really think there is some magic number... may be different for everyone.
turtle53
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » April 27th, 2004, 10:42 pm

:exercise: Hi, Ya Turtle and welcome to the Fabulous Forum!

Woo Hoo for you! :boing: You are ALREADY a member of the 10# Club - Whee! :yes:

Isn't it great to know that you are no longer allowing food to control you and that you have moved from the passenger seat to the :drive: driver's seat in managing your health!

Hah! Cracked me up when you said, "Food for thought..." FOOD?? :bib:

I DO have some skinny friends that rarely eat a lot of sweets. They tend to pick at all of their food - they eat like birds - little dabs of veggies, part of an apple, half a sandwich, a bite of cake here and a sip there. They don't eat what one would consider a "load" of any particular item. They just sort of push their food around on their plate and never really quite become a member of the “Clean Plate Club!” :bib:

I also have a few skinny friends that eat like “football players" – I mean they pack it in and for some unexplainable reason, they never pack on the pounds.

They were blessed by some supernatural metabolism that certainly does not run in my family lineage!

It’ll be interesting to see what others have to say about your observation.

I am at the point where I choose wisely how I spend my calories – it’s gotta be premium if I am to spend my calories on something or I just don’t choose to have it. I don’t NEED it.

Turtle, summer will be a lot more comfy for you because you will be prepared for shorts and tank top weather!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Carrie » April 28th, 2004, 5:05 am

Nancy..... I have a hunky friend <sigh> that just doesn't like sweets, period. He'd rather have a plate of collard greens than anything sugary. Makes me wanna bash him over the head! ;) I think before MF I only had ONE food group .... sugar!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Sunday Club post on..Wednesday.

Postby Marseilles » April 28th, 2004, 8:23 am

Story of my life..a day (or several) late and a dollar short..hehe.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and it is truly my pleasure to make your aquaintance. I am on week four of medifast and am DOWN 21.6 lbs. :cleader: Last weeks loss was 2.8.

Life being a series of ups and downs (bad, bad pun; I know), I have battled the bulge for years, like many. I have thyroid disease..or did, till I had a total thyroidectomy and had it removed a year ago. At that point my weight skyrocketed to 222 lbs. OUCH!!

Prior to medifast I had reached my limit with this fatty-fatty-two-by-four business and had run on my treadmill daily for four miles, done pilates daily and ate like the bird Nancy mentioned in the post above. For MONTHS. I managed to get down to 196.8...whoopee. I felt like H-E-double hockey sticks!! I was FREEZING at night when I tried to sleep, had NO energy and was miserable.

All of this going on I decided to quit smoking..and succeeded! After 22 years!! Empowering..I had conquered an addiction. If -I- could quit smoking, -I- could do ANYTHING!!!!

*drumroll*

Then I met medifast....

Well, as I stated, I am down a good deal of weight..the numbers on the scale start with a 17 and not a 22 and my waist measurements start with a 2!!!!!! No more 36 inch waist for me. :buddies:

I feel wonderful. I am embracing the days I feel hungry as they are a reminder to me of how far I have come. I boldly laugh in the face of all those sweet treats that call my name and sometimes I even curse them into oblivion! Sure, I know..Im a little bit looney, but it keeps me sane! :hide:

Finding this forum was a GOD send, I SO enjoy reading all of your posts and look forward to speaking to you and getting to know you.

Up with LOSERS like us!!!! :bow:

My best wishes to each and every one of you,

-M.
:lightbeam:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » April 30th, 2004, 7:24 pm

Welcome to the world of losers! Good for you! It is so refreshing to hear from another person with a missing thyroid - Medifast truly seems like a miracle for those who have had difficulty losing on other plans.

Keep on keeping on - the train is on its way to Thinsville and you are on board!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby marge » May 3rd, 2004, 5:27 am

SOMEONE MENTIONED IN ONE OF THE POSTS HOW WE DONT POST WHEN WE HAVE GAINED...WELL LET ME BE ONE OF THE FIRST BEARERS OF BAD NEWS......... :x :x :xI USUALLY WEIGH ON A MONDAY AND I DID TODAY AND I GAINED 1 POUND :x :x :x :x I RESISTED ALL TEMPTATIONS ALL WEEK AND I CANT BELIEVE IT YET. I GUESS I WAS SPOILED IN LOSING 5 POUNDS THE FIRST AND SECOND WEEK AND EXPECTED CLOSE TO THE SAME THIS MY THIRD WEEK :( :( :(

NOW IT COULD BE WATER RETENTION..IT HAS BEEN VERY HUMID HERE IN FLORIDA..LIKE SUMMER IS HERE..MY HUBBY SAYS DONT GIVE UP NOW YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE A MOVE IN THE SCALE TOMORROW...I EVEN COUNTED CALORIES AND NOT EVEN ON THE WORST OF DAYS DID I HAVE 1000 CALORIES..GO FIGURE....HELP :dooh:
marge
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » May 3rd, 2004, 6:05 am

Marge
DONT GET DISCOURAGED because of what the scale reads....the NUMBERS game will GET YOU down if you let it...our bodies retain fluids for a bunch of different reasons...even following this program PERFECTLY.....you could still show a fluctuation or gain depending on SO MANY THINGS!!
We are drinking TONS of water on this program....and when you retain fluids...the retention is alot more due to the excessive water consumption!! the scale is just a number ..that will go up and down on different days for different reasons! I know its hard not to go by that number, but try and lighten up on the scale....instead, go by what you FEEL LIKE!! how do your clothes fit? how do you feel when you wake up in the morning...??? I only weigh in once in a while...to be honest its when Im feeling very confident! I normally use my clothes as a tool...a few months ago, I had a pair of green pants that I used to wear, my favorite pants..and I couldnt get them past GO...not even over my legs...the other day, I put those pants on....zipped them and they are so CLOSE to fitting perfectly!! about another month..and I think I just may be wearing them!! so dont be FOOLED by the scale my shakin friend...
just remember...the numbers go up and down. Keep faithful to the program....shake shake shake...and those pounds WILL dissapear...I PROMISE!!

:-P your great marge....keep shake shake shakin!! ;)

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 3rd, 2004, 7:54 am

Hi Marge,
One common problem is not getting ALL your meals on time. Some folks think less is better when you're dieting, but not with this program. Don't go longer than every 3 hours max. Is there a chance this could be your prob?

The second is not getting your water.

If you'd like to post a couple typical day's menu and schedule, maybe we can see something that may be causing a prob. Also list any medications and the possibility of extra stress.

Hang in there. You cannot become a loser if you're not true to the plan.

Congrats to everyone sticking with the program this week. Don't judge your success on weight loss alone. You're re-conditioning your body to assimilate and process foods and becoming healthier every day. Weight loss is just an added bi-product to the new healthier you.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Roll Call