Sunday Morning Roll Call May 2, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call May 2, 2004

Postby RavenKat » May 2nd, 2004, 5:35 am

Hi all,

Looks like I'm first this morning.

I lost 3 pounds. Yay, I guess. How funny to be disappointed with 3 pounds. My first week I lost 8 pounds - I believe mostly because everything in my body was flushed out - I mean EVERYTHING. :? So now that my body has adjusted I've slowed down. I feel thinner though.

Also, I feel amazing!!!! I spent Friday and Saturday doing yard work, mowed the lawn - you name it. I honestly feel like a new person.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby marge » May 2nd, 2004, 5:52 am

congratulations Kat....listen I will take any loss any week..

I cant weigh in today...It will be tomorrow...since I started on a Monday and I feel like I have been doing very well so far.

Have a great Sunday loser :lol: :lol:

marge
marge
Preferred member

Postby Landylue » May 2nd, 2004, 6:12 am

Top of the morning, Marge, and to all! Three pounds for the week is a great total, Ravenkat! You certainly outdid my 2 lbs. But, that's OK. That's 32 ounces of globby, yellow fat that I'm not having to carry around with me any longer. It's a GOOD thing. . .

Yesterday we went to a big 'trades day' in Canton, Texas. My, oh, my, what an immense amount of food available everywhere you looked. GREAT SMELLING FOOD! But, just about the time it would get to be 'too much', I'd pass by a mirror and catch a glimpse of my 'new' thinner face. No longer do I have squinchy little eyes because of fat cheeks. In fact, no longer do I have fat cheeks--or jowels, or multiple chins. The mirrors reminded me each time of what the payoff was to self-discipline, staying the course, and just saying "NO!"

Stick with the program, guys. It works.

Have a blessed week.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Marsha » May 2nd, 2004, 6:30 am

Congratulations, everyone! Remember ANY loss is moving in the right direction! And even if you don't have a loss - but are committed to your health and to Medifast, you are headed in the right direction! It is important to keep our eyes focused on what is really important - to keep reminding ourselves why we are doing this - and how great it feels!

It seems that my progress has been kick-started again in the last couple of weeks - mark me down for a whopping 4 pounds!! That makes me only 2 lbs from joining the 50# Club!!

Getting closer every day!
[url]Image[/url]
Marsha
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » May 2nd, 2004, 6:46 am

Hey Guys...glad to hear everyone is doing GREAT!!! well I decided to weigh in today, was feeling my pants hanging off of me that last few days and thought I would join in on the sunday roll call this week!!

Im down to 155!!! I cant beleive it..it seems like in the last few weeks since I got back on track..that this weight is just dropping off of me!! its weird..cuz a while back Nelly and I were discussing how our bodies tend to remember how long we "stick" to something...and it holds on to the fat cuz it thinks your going to throw in the towel again...then when you pass that certain date...and your body realizes your goin all the way this time...it WAVES THE WHITE FLAG and gives up the fight...and the fat just falls out!! ;)
Nelly could probably explain that in more biological terms!! ;) but whatever the case may be....it seems that when I am not paying attention..and am busy the weight just sneaks away!! when Im too focused on what the scale will say..or how the flab on my arms shake when waving goodbye...I tend to dwell on things with my weight..and feel defeated...and the weight sticks to me like glue!! so...I guess Ill keep on being busy...not pay attention..and LIVE MY LIFE..so the rest of this fat will creep away!! Im 20 pounds away from my goal weight!!

so Unca...let me do the math here...I started at 185...down to 155...can you move to to the #30 pound looser club???? ;)
I think that is a miracle...never did I ever think that I would be down in the 150's again....thanks to all of you...all your support...Im on my way!
tommorrow is 3 months I have been on the program....30 pounds in 3 months is something to jump up and down about!!

Im here..jumping up and down for ALL OF US!! :)
TamiL
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby marge » May 2nd, 2004, 7:33 am

Landylue:

We should be very proud of ourselves.....You resisted temptation again and know you are on the way to your goal.

I was out shopping at the mall, actually returning clothes to Chicos that were too BIG for smaller sizes...yeah can you believe that? and I had in my bag my RTD shake and a bar. My hubby was starving and we have not gone out to eat since I started MD..just could not handle the smells, looks etc of food...anyhow I said Iok I can handle the foodcourt...guess what he brought back and ate in front of me which was ok by me...chinese..God the smell was killing me but I slurped my shake and drank another bottle of water and as desert I had a non fat decaf cappucino at Starbucks. I felt very proud of myself :-P When I got home I had my yum chilli with crackers and was very content and happy that I got through another challenge.

Hey guys and girls its one day at a time, sometimes less, an hour at a time.

WEIGH TO GO TAMIL...YOU ARE AWESOME GIRL :lol: :lol:

Great sunday everyone and congratulations to all you losers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let you know tomorrow where I am at??????

marge
200/190/150
marge
Preferred member

Postby Jackie » May 2nd, 2004, 7:39 am

Good morning all,

Im still here, not quite yet at the last loss. Hopefully next week. I know Im feeling much better. My energy is up and I feel great.

Hope you all have a great week!

Jackie
268/232/135
Jackie
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby susan » May 2nd, 2004, 8:25 am

hi everyone,
I finally hit my60# lost so just maybe I will start droping again. Hey unca add me to the 60# club hope I do better next week. 1# this week but I will take what I can get. susan 231/171/130
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby shineface » May 2nd, 2004, 11:22 am

Hello to all you BEAUTIFUL LOSERS!!!!

Good morning ---- it is pouring rain here today - but I don't care!!! For the first time in 14 days I slept in my own bed last night right here in my own house ---HEAVEN! Don't get me wrong I think I have told you all over and over that I LOVE my job as an Innkeeper --- all of the new living, life, career "leaps of faith" that I have taken since Clif died have been so good for me. I now live my life everyday with a heart full of memories and a soul full of adventure!!!

As most of you know MF came to me on the heels of my making the decision to tackle my ever-present, life-long struggle of yo-yo dieting and being a "chubette" for most periods in my life since being a kid.... yadda, yadda, yadda - I know now from all of the deep sharing that goes on here that I was not as alone as I felt in this struggle and yes, there were other third graders out there with their lunches containing hard boiled eggs and celery sticks and carrots in an effort for Mom to help me by putting me on diets. Little did any of us know how much was going on in our little heads that caused us to seek comfort in devil dogs!!!!! Anyway, I ramble ...

Everyone that I see here everyday is doing awesome - persistence is the name of the game - fall, get up... don't ever stop! I'm no saint but I have prayed until I thought my head would explode for the strength to be true to the quest I am on --- I've been given the wonder of all of you and this forum, advice, information, learning new coping mechanisms - like journaling, MF products that I love and results, just when I think I might weaken - thank you God!!!

I have lost SEVEN pounds this week - forever gone! Last week I checked in at a 232 pounds ---- today I weighed in at 225 - for a total of 65 pounds lost since starting MF. Let's all bow our heads and say thank you! Remember...

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby marge » May 2nd, 2004, 11:35 am

PAM...GO GO GIRL.... :lol: :lol: MY OH MY ARE YOU AN INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US.....WOW 7 POUNDS..THAT IS AWESOME....YOU MUST BE FLYING HIGH TODAY GIRL..YOU ARE DEFINATELY ON THE RIGHT ROAD, THE ROAD TO THINNESS AS NANCY WOULD SAY.

BLESS YOU AND MAY HE CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU AND ALL OF US THE STRENGTH WE NEED TO GO ON TO REACH OUR GOALS :angel:

HUGS

MARGE
200/190/150
marge
Preferred member

Postby turtle53 » May 2nd, 2004, 12:36 pm

All this talk of weight loss is great, I see everyone struggle, yet I know many of us are reluctant to post unless we have GOOD news! I seriously thought maybe I'd skip writing since I don't have real good news.... But then I decided I'll announce proudly that I've lost one (1) pound this week. :D
I am sure you all see the scales fluctuate through the day. I am looking for the lightest part of the day!!! Ha! OK so I will quit the game playing! My clothes don't give a false read! They are getting looser each day! I'll accept that when the scales won't tell!
We went out Friday night to some friends house everyone was to bring a snack. I made a seven-layer salad that was great! I tried to pick a lean and green, I think I did very well considering all the delicious looking desserts and goodies. (I skipped all of those) I was on the low carb diet before so I know how to make choices that I won't wear later. Anyway, I am learning to make choices, I planned my eating strategy a week before I went. Didn't eat anything all week, just shakes and celery and bullion. This may seem like no big deal to you all but to me it is a major milestone. My friends all watch to see me fail! Won’t they be surprised! I am done with failure, I am now a loser but not a failure!
Have a great week and hope all together we can lose tons! It’s great to make it a team effort.
Now I will send this before I change my mind.
You all are a great inspiration!
Vickie
turtle53
Newbie - #20 Club

Roll Call

Postby kimay » May 2nd, 2004, 1:51 pm

Hi Losers!
This is the first time I have posted, I guess since I started officially on a Friday. Also, I have been trying to go at least two weeks without weighing to prevent me from being discouraged. And...I am ordering a digital scale from MF and am anxiously awaiting that but realize that it might differ (for the good or the bad) from my old scale I have here. Nevertheless, I weighed this morning and have lost 3 pounds since about 10 days ago, when I last weighed. So, Total loss is 24 pounds, start 189 now 165 and last friday (a few days ago) I had just finshed week #6. Am now starting week #7.
So there you have it! Almost 25 pounds in 6 weeks. Pretty cool. I am totally happy with that, yet I know slower times are to come, but hey, from the looks of your great successes I couldn't be happier and I will take what comes with a smile on my face, just as I smile when I read your posts and am so proud of you all.
Thank you for listening. Ya'll have a great week, ya' here?
Kim
3/19/04
189/165/125
kimay

LATE WEIGHING IN

Postby NikkiNix » May 3rd, 2004, 3:07 am

HI ALL I DIDN'T POST ON SUNDAY CAUSE I WORK NIGHTS SO I THOUGHT I WOULD DO IT AT WORK AND GOT BUSY SO I AM PUTTING MY SUNDAY WEIGH IN TODAY. I LOST 3LBS BUT I DIDN'T POST LAST WEEK BECAUSE I WAS ASHAMED I ATE RED LOBSTER AND COOKIES AND GAINED 5 LBS BACK BUT OVER THE WEEK I LOST IT PLUS ANOTHER 3LBS. SO FOR MY FIRST MONTH ALL TOGETHER I HAVE LOST 24.5LBS. THAT IS AWESOME BUT NOONE REALLY NOTICED BECAUSE I ACTUALLY GAINED MY PREGNANCY WEIGHT BACK PLUS SOME AND I WAS AT MY HEAVIEST EVER BEFORE STARTING MF. SO HERE I AM 24.5LBS LIGHTER AND BACK TO THE WAY I WAS BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT WHICH IS STILL ENORMUS BUT I LOOK FORWARD TO LOSING ANTHER 24LBS NEXT MONTH AND HAVING MY CO-WORKERS SAY YEAH I CAN TELL YOU'VE LOST A LITTLE WEIGHT. :D

HAPPY DAYS
NIKKINIX
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carrie » May 3rd, 2004, 5:51 am

Hiho Everybody,

I'm only posting a 0.8 pound loss for this week. Several factors in play. I have been faithful to the program, but been under loads of physical and mental stress.

Approaching my big deadline at work within the next week and a half. Just gotta get through it and get it over with and then I can relax.

On Saturday I moved into a 3rd floor apartment (no elevator). I have climbed somewhere in the neighborhood of 56 flights of stairs in the last 2 days, in addition to hefting all my stuff around. I think that has thrown my body for a loop.... not to mention that I'm building some leg muscles, so I expect to reengage with nice loss numbers once my body reacclimates.

Good job everyone!
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby pinkgeek » May 3rd, 2004, 9:49 am

Yay for everyone..you are all doing so well. It sounds like everyone is doing great with keeping on track. I did pretty good this week even though I have too many things to talk about that are going on. I thought stress would wreck it, but this week has been good to me. -4.5 and I get to join the #20 club..Sign me up Unca Tim! I think #30 is not too far away as well. Everyone keep their chin up and I hope to have everything going smoother soon so I can come back and rejoice with you and cry with you and support you and be encouraged by you. I have been 100% faithful for 6 weeks and it is paying off. Thank goodness for Medifast and this board!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Roll Call