Sunday Morning Roll Call May 2, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby marge » May 3rd, 2004, 2:30 pm

Mon May 03, 2004 5:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOMEONE MENTIONED IN ONE OF THE POSTS HOW WE DONT POST WHEN WE HAVE GAINED...WELL LET ME BE ONE OF THE FIRST BEARERS OF BAD NEWS......... I USUALLY WEIGH ON A MONDAY AND I DID TODAY AND I GAINED 1 POUND I RESISTED ALL TEMPTATIONS ALL WEEK AND I CANT BELIEVE IT YET. I GUESS I WAS SPOILED IN LOSING 5 POUNDS THE FIRST AND SECOND WEEK AND EXPECTED CLOSE TO THE SAME THIS MY THIRD WEEK

NOW IT COULD BE WATER RETENTION..IT HAS BEEN VERY HUMID HERE IN FLORIDA..LIKE SUMMER IS HERE..MY HUBBY SAYS DONT GIVE UP NOW YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE A MOVE IN THE SCALE TOMORROW...I EVEN COUNTED CALORIES AND NOT EVEN ON THE WORST OF DAYS DID I HAVE 1000 CALORIES..GO FIGURE....HELP
marge
Preferred member

Postby marge » May 3rd, 2004, 2:40 pm

Thanks everyone for your wonderful encouragement and support. I weighed myself again today and I was down 3POUNDS go figure :lol: :lol: ..This morning was was down in the dumps because my weight registered up 1 pound.....

Unca you mentioned if I was eating enough..this is my somewhat daily plan:

Upon arising oatmeal
1 hour later I work out on threadmill for 30 minutes on incline at 3.8 miles per hour (I walk 2 miles...5 times a week)
around 11 am I have a supplement bar

2 pm.......a soup or a shake

5 pm.....soup or shake

8pm.....chilli and crackers

11pm.........a bar

in between if I need it....I have celery, pickles and bouillon if I get the hungries......

I do drink more than the 64 ozs. of water...always have because I have always worked out.

2 day a week I have a personal trainer for weight lifting...

thats it guys and girls and now I am a happy camper :lol: :lol:

Tami you are right about going more with how our body feels and our clothes fit....everyone is noticing the change in me and it is not so much as the actually pounds lost but the body fat :weightlift:

I am about to go from a size 16 to 14 yeah yeah yeah.

Thanks again one and all

hugs

marge

200/197/150
marge
Preferred member

Postby Landylue » May 3rd, 2004, 7:37 pm

What a bunch of losers!!!

Isn't it awesome!

Congratulations to all of us--especially you guys who made it into the next higher club.

We're goooooooood!

:cheers:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 3rd, 2004, 11:04 pm

Hi Marge,
Your schedule looks good. You might be a little heavy on the exercise, but if you're feeling strong and energetic and not getting light headed, you should be ok. Any weakness or light headedness, go ahead and have another shake or cut back on the exercise a little. You just want to keep toned during the weight loss phase, and not overdo things.

One note - only one bar a day. With your activity two probably wouldn't hurt you, but it's recommended by Medifast, only 1 bar a day. Also 3 of your daily meals should be shakes. Overall, you're lookin' good.

Congrats to everyone this week. We're all getting healthier every day.
Keep a shakin',
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby marge » May 4th, 2004, 6:32 am

Hi Tim: I actually have cut back on my exercise..I used to walk 15 miles a week, an hour on alternate days on the treadmill but nancy suggested I cut it in half. No I dont feel dizzy or lightheaded but I do feel like I need that bar after exercise :lol:

a question on the shakes...you say that I MUST have 3 per day...I thought that the supplements were interchangeable...I have gotten used to having my oatmeal in the morning so it would be hard to get 3 shakes in before 2 or should I try and do that???

I know my weightloss will probably be slower because of the bars but I dont think I would have stayed with the program this long without the "food"...shakes would not have done it for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks again for your imput

have a wonderful day

marge
200/187/150 :guzzle:
marge
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » May 4th, 2004, 7:12 am

Hi Marge,
From the Quick Start Handbook:

You may substitute an alternate product for a shake once or twice a day. For best nutritional balance, try to have at least 3 cold shakes per day.

It does say "try" to have. And also "For best nutritional balance". I'm guessing that too many of the alternative products doesn't insure all the nutrients you should receive daily.

I wouldn't think you have to get your shakes in before 2. Your third shake could come anytime in the evening. The important thing is to keep your body happy by giving it a continuous flow of fuel throughout the day. A long stretch anytime through the day without eating, could cause your bod to hang onto the fat.

So, the call is yours, but it is recommended to try to make 3 of your meals shakes.

Happy Shakin',
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Marseilles » May 4th, 2004, 10:12 am

Hello all you great losers! :cleader:

I am having a blah week, I guess. I stepped on the scale yesterday and I was up 1.6...BOO! Incredibly frustrating and disheartening..I know, I know. Dont go immediately by the scale and all of that but it sure is hard to maintain a positive outlook and -not- give in to temptation when, having followed the program without faltering even once in 5 weeks, I see gains. :(

Sure hope next week shows me nicer things! Admittedly, I am a slave to the scale..I should say that my gain is from Friday to Monday..I lost 2.3 overall last week so I guess that isnt too, too bad. My total loss thus far is somewhere in the 25 range, I started MF on March 30. :x

PLugging along, still shaking and shaking..just a little less spring to my step, currently. :|

-M.
:drive:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby marge » May 4th, 2004, 2:20 pm

Thanks Unca Tim: we all have to be reminded from time to time about the MF prgram and why it works when we follow it correctly.....I will definately have my 3 shakes throughout the day plus my oatmeal, chilli and a bar........I am definately going out to eat for Mothers Day and look forward to my lean meal....it is not a buffet but a sitdown meal and I will most likely have fish, veggies and salad...yum yum yum..will be the first "meal" in a month.

thanks again

ps. to M....please dont get discouraged ....I know the feeling...if you read my earlier posts I had gained a pound in the morning but by the afternoon I was down 3. Funny thing is I felt bloated when I weighed myself. It was rainy and very humid in florida on monday morning and I always retain fluid.....

keep pluggin away like all of us and you know yourself how lean you body is getting and how different your clothes are fitting.

together we can do it :cheers:

hugs

marge
200/187/150
marge
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » May 4th, 2004, 3:10 pm

Thank you for your encouragement Marge...

You know, funny thing is, we are both Floridians..maybe it is something in the air? Might I ask where in FL you are? Wouldnt it be neat if we were neighbors and could meet for walks or something?!

Wishing all you losers a wonderous day!!

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » May 5th, 2004, 1:45 pm

Well folks,

I got on the dreaded scale this morning after seeing my gain of 1.6

*insert drumroll*

I am down 4.5...wheeeeee

That brings my total loss very close to about 27.5 lbs, thus far..watch out #30 club, here I come!

-M.
:hi5:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Previous

Return to Roll Call