Sunday Morning Roll Call May 30, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call May 30, 2004

Postby RavenKat » May 30th, 2004, 4:37 am

I guess living on the east coast and being used to getting up early for work has me posting first AGAIN. :-)

I lost 3 pounds this week. 22 total. YAY!

It's getting hard to read that d*mn regular scale. I may have to chance it on a digital. I'm not looking forward to instantaneously gaining 5 pounds though. *sigh*

Happy Memorial Day weekend, all!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Landylue » May 30th, 2004, 6:52 am

Congratultions, Ravenkat, on that big 3 lb loss for the week AND for becoming a 20 lb Club member! You go girl!

I've been on vacation, so I missed last week's roll call, but put me down for a two-week total of an even 3.0 loss. One extremely stubborn pound away from the 40 lb Club. I was so hoping that I would hit that marker this morning.

I amazingly managed to stay on my fasting program throughout my entire vacation. I actually printed out the last comments from Carrie and Jeanette to me and read them everytime I opened my wallet--you have my undying thanks, ladies. I only had a couple of 'rough spots' where I literally could have bitten a nail in half out of frustration from just wanting to EAT for the taste (I never was physically hungry) and a few huge waves of self-pity. I can honestly say, though, that I haven't fallen once since beginning the fasting program. However, my last three weeks' weight loss totals work out to only 1.5 lb a week! At that rate, once my present month's supply of Medifast runs out, I won't be reordering.

As always, you guys have a blessed Sunday.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby NikkiNix » May 30th, 2004, 7:49 am

GOODMORNING ALL,

I HAVE LOST 4.5LBS THIS WEEK :D . AS SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW I FELL OFF THE WAGON A WHILE BACK AND GAINED HALF MY WEIGHT BACK AND THEN I READ THIS AWESOME POST NANCY SENT AND IT INSPIRED ME NOT TO GIVE UP. MY POINT BEING I'VE LOST THE WEIGHT I GAINED BACK PLUS THE 4.5LBS SO I'M ALSO 1 STUBBORN LB AWAY FROM MY 30 LB GOAL. LANDY DON'T GIVE UP YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME MANY TIMES NOT TO GIVE IN AND AS YOU KNOW NANCY SAID THE CLOSER YOU ARE TO YOUR IDEAL WEIGHT THE HARDER IT IS TO LOSE :!: IF YOUR STILL LOSEN WEIGHT UNTIL YOU HIT YOUR GOAL YOU SHOULD KEEP WITH IT. YOU HAVE COME SO FAR AND IF YOU ARE TRULY HAPPY WITH THE WEIGHT YOU ARE AT CURRENTLY I SAY CONGRATS :cheers: WE ALL KNOW IT COSTS A LITTLE BIT OF MONEY BUT YOU KNOW IF YOU EAT OUT 3 TIMES IN A MONTH YOU WILL PROBABLY SPEND AS MUCH MONEY ON THAT FOOD AT LEAST I KNOW MY FAMILY AND I WOULD. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETEHR SO LB FOR LB I KNOW YOU OF ANYONE CAN MAKE IT TO YOUR GOAL :stroll: WAY TO GO KAT ON MAKING IT TO YOUR 20LB GOAL :!: FEELS GREAT DOESN'T IT :?:

HERE'S TO US LOSERS :cheers:
NIKKINIX
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix

Postby MegMc » May 30th, 2004, 7:49 am

Congrats to both of you, especially Landylue, for sticking with the program during vacation. That's one reason I decided not to go out of town to visit family over this long weekend. I wanted a little more time on the program before I had to face those kinds of temptations, and had to explain to everyone what MF is, and why I can't eat all the usual "regular" foods.

I'm only down 1.5#, after last week's big (and typical) 10# loss. But, I'm not discouraged. My clothes got much looser this week. Some pants I bought last month that were too small, and I still couldn't button last Saturday, I wore to work comfortably on Thursday. I'm not hungry, and I feel great.

I'm also saving money. I added a pre-MF weight to my signature (254.5) to show what I weighed before I started the Zone diet last September. I paid about $43 PER DAY to have 3 meals and 2 snacks delivered to my home every morning by a local gourmet grocer. The food was wonderful, and convenient. But, I only lost about 15# over the first few weeks, then plateaued for weeks and weeks, and I finally quit after 5 months. I gained a few of those pounds back while trying to figure out what to try next. During that time, I tried to re-create the Zone meals, but it was expensive and time-consuming. I'm so glad I found MF - much cheaper, and even more convenient.

I hope everyone enjoys the Memorial Day weekend!
Meg
(highest weight - 9/7/03 - 254.5)
Medifast Start Date - 5/15/2004
246.5/223.0/115.0
MegMc
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby LadyChamp » May 30th, 2004, 7:57 am

3.5 pounds for the week

25.5 pounds in 29 days total weight loss

LadyChamp
338/312.5/138-125
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » May 30th, 2004, 8:29 am

Way to go Kat, Landy, Nikki, Meg and LC!!!!

We all have to keep working this.............even when we're frustrated down to our last little nerve. Landy honey I SO know what you've been through, I had to go to a conference at Disney of all places ............. food everywhere, and my weight loss had been excruciatingly slow to BACKWARDS (when I messed up) for the last few weeks. For some reason my body kicked into gear again and I lost 5.8, total 40.7!!!!!!!! (Unca PLEASE move me up!) So Landy, maybe it's a cycle, we slow down for a bit ..... then we get some blessed relief. Actually seeing the daily losses is the only thing that kept me from the dessert tray this week ..... I wanted it REALLY badly.

Perseverance. It paid off for me big time this week, and I hope I can remember this lesson next time I'm going nuts.

Good Job Gang!!!!!

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Echo » May 30th, 2004, 10:41 am

Grats you losers :lol: I had only lost a pound all week til this morning when I lost another 1 1/2. I really kicked up the water a few days ago and started on the eliptical I think that helped. So, that's 15 1/2 lbs gone, countdown to the 20# club!

Echo

ps-carrie, you deserve that 40#! you rock! :kool:
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby turtle53 » May 30th, 2004, 3:38 pm

Well, it is nice to see everyone being such losers.... In a very good way.

I have lost a total of 21 pounds now. It sure feels good.
I have not decided just how much I want to lose, I will get 60 pounds off then re-evaluate how much more. Wow! That's only 39 pounds to go! I know I can do that!
It is somehow more possible to reach my goals when I know I am not alone.
Hope all are enjoying the Memorial weekend. :lol:
turtle53
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » May 30th, 2004, 4:14 pm

I will be starting sometime wthis week when my products get here. Until then I'm leaving off the carbs and sticking with lean meat, salads, broth based soups, and mycolex. I thought I may as well get a start date in here. No time like the present & I need to get out of the mindset of the diet starting tomorrow. Well, tomorrow never comes if I think like that...

SO my official Medifast start weight is 228. :thumbsup:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » May 30th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Sounds like everyone is doing well! I have lost 75 lbs total now! Just 5 lbs away from the half way mark!

Landy, did you say you WON'T be reordering medifast??? What are your plans then after your supply is gone?
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Landylue » May 31st, 2004, 11:41 am

Hey, Jeanette, congratulations on being so near to your halfway marker. I'm sincerely delighted for you. What an awesome accomplishment! You are truly to be commended!

As for me, if next Sunday's results aren't any better than 1.5 to 2 lbs, I plan to begin my transition using a modified 5 and 1 until my supply of Medifast is gone. Then I have every intention of returning to the First Place diet I used to get the first 91 lbs off before I started the Medifast program.

First Place is like a Christian Weight Watchers. However, even that particular diet had slowed down to where I was losing only around 3 lbs a month--extremely frustrating! So, after taking a break of "only a week" which, in reality, stretched over two vacations, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, I gained back an alarming 22 lbs. I changed to Medifast hoping to stop the weight gain and hurry the weight loss along. Medifast has wonderfully accomplished that. However, if my body is not going to let go of the fat any quicker than this no matter which diet I stick to, I just can't justify the costs vs. results any longer. A layout of approximately $280 to lose 4 lbs is just not acceptable, while I can lose almost as much on First Place for free.

Let me assure everybody, though, I have no intention at all of failing to reach my goal. Failure is truly not an option! However, you have to play the cards you're dealt in life, guys, and this body of mine, which almost seems at times to be in complete and total opposition to any attempt to lighten it's load, is just one of my 'bad' cards.

You know, I've many times told God that when I go home to Heaven I want to be an eternal size 8 with a full head of long, thick, curly hair.

I'm just not home yet, so the struggle continues.

Landylue

Landylue

Postby explorthis » May 31st, 2004, 11:45 am

However, my last three weeks' weight loss totals work out to only 1.5 lb a week! At that rate, once my present month's supply of Medifast runs out, I won't be reordering.

Began 02/23/04 at 208

208-179=39 lost
14 weeks = 2.71 p/week

169-135=34 to go

Hey Landy, out of curiosity, why are you not going to reorder? I read you have not fallen off the wagon once, and I 100% commend you for this. You have made remarkable progress, 39 pounds in 14 weeks = 2.71 pounds per week. You are more than ½ way there, with (according to my calculations) only about 34 pounds to go. Just curious why your not reordering. Is 1.5 pounds not enough per week? I am wondering if there is some other reason you are losing at a slower rate for the past 3 weeks…

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby explorthis » May 31st, 2004, 11:48 am

Whoops, question answered, had I just waited 30 more seconds to post!!

Thanks, Landy.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby Alison » May 31st, 2004, 5:25 pm

Landy,
I don't want to judge you in anyway I think I will mostly just miss you when you go off MF but I do wish to ask you a question.

You wrote: A layout of approximately $280 to lose 4 lbs is just not acceptable, while I can lose almost as much on First Place for free.

What do you mean for free? Do you eat nothing? Regular food costs money. I am not trying to be sarcastic here. It's just that I find that between grocery shopping, going out to eat, having a cocktail every now and then- even starbucks coffees I definately spend more than $280 a month.

I wish you luck what ever you do. I just hope your not stopping MF because you are looking so forward to eating regular foods, at least once in a while that you, that you lose sight of your goal. I really am concerned and do understand I have been averaging 1 lb. a week as well. Also the slower you lose that harder it is to gain back or so my doc says.

My best to you,
Alison
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Return to Roll Call