8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby VictoriousNat » September 18th, 2006, 8:29 am

Emmasmom wrote:Hi all, just wanted to share that I had a NSV yesterday. I made my 10 lbs goal yesterday and my husband sent me to get my nails done, and when I got in the car he had gone and gotten me a GC to a scrapbook store (my fav)! I went and got my nails done and then went to the scrapbook store and a ring that I wear almost everyday fell off my finger! I had to put it in my purse because it kept slipping off! I was so excited! I know it doesn't compare to going down a size but to me that was a sign that MF is working! :whoohoo:

Hope every one has a good Monday!

YEEEHAW!!!! You go! And how sweet of DH!!!! :heart:

(I am wearing a 5 dollar wedding ring cause the diamond one is too loose and I am scurred! LOL)

Keep going!!!! Keep shaking!!!

By the way, I wanted to cheat this morning (it has been horrible morning). Some big wig must be in town - cops, barricades, dimplomat license plates everywhere. We were stuck about 15 blocks from my job for an hour and a half and the bus could not let us out. Left home at 8 and got to work at 11:00 am!!!! Anyway, I was so mad and frustrated, I said "I am getting a cruller and coffee from the donut cart on the corner. :hammerhead: Well guess what?? Because of the police presence and all the barricades - every donut cart and hotdog cart was kicked out of their spots for as far as my eye could see. So I had NO choice but to BEHAVE!! :roflmao:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 18th, 2006, 8:32 am

BeachBaby wrote:Nat are you from Brooklyn?

Not "from", but I have lived there for a long, long time with interruptions for college and grad school..I always moved back. May move soon...but whereto? Dunno. I like Brooklyn though. Been safe and happy here.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby Elizabeth » September 18th, 2006, 8:38 am

Emmasmom wrote:Hi all, just wanted to share that I had a NSV yesterday. I made my 10 lbs goal yesterday and my husband sent me to get my nails done, and when I got in the car he had gone and gotten me a GC to a scrapbook store (my fav)! I went and got my nails done and then went to the scrapbook store and a ring that I wear almost everyday fell off my finger! I had to put it in my purse because it kept slipping off! I was so excited! I know it doesn't compare to going down a size but to me that was a sign that MF is working! :whoohoo:

Hope every one has a good Monday!

Emmasmom, so happy for you. Great NSV and what a darling husband you have!
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cyn » September 18th, 2006, 10:35 am

I just read some of the past few threads and it sounds as if we are all getting back into the swing of things!! Nat, I know you didnt really want to be a bad girl! ;) Elizabeth, I am right with you on the thoughts of being a normal weight and being able to do things that I could never do before. I cant wait!! And to all of us who had NSV's and great weigh in's or those of us who are still holding on and trying harder-- :cleader: :cheers: :thumbup: :buddies: :toast: Great job!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby tlo » September 18th, 2006, 11:47 am

Hello eveyone, sorry I didn't check in with you this weekend, but I was on a short trip to Columbus. I thought I was going to have a hard time staying on plan, but I didn't! Only on Saturday did I go but all I ate all day was a chicken salad and a bar, so technically I didn't overeat or eat anything bad, I just didn't get all my meals in. But Sunday I really had the urge to cheat!! I mean I really wanted to go to McDonalds and get a fish sandwich and some fries, but I really had to be strong and fight that craving.. It was hard because it didn't pass for a long time, but I just thought of how long I have been unhappy and just said no, just because I am outta town doesn't give me permission to cheat, and I didn't!!

Congrats to everyone on your weightloss this week, everyone is doing great. Even if you haven't lost as much as you wanted, anything is good, and that means your not gaining.
I topped out on Sunday losing only 4 pounds rather than the 6 I thought I lost. I guess since I was sick on Wednesday, I really hadn't truly lost that extra 2 pounds, it was just that I was totally empty and had lost all my fluids due to being so sick, and once better the 2 pounds came back.
But I'll take 4 pounds that alright for week one I guess.
Hang in there everyone!!! ;)

Tlo
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby VictoriousNat » September 18th, 2006, 12:01 pm

tlo wrote:Hello eveyone, sorry I didn't check in with you this weekend, but I was on a short trip to Columbus. I thought I was going to have a hard time staying on plan, but I didn't! Only on Saturday did I go but all I ate all day was a chicken salad and a bar, so technically I didn't overeat or eat anything bad, I just didn't get all my meals in. But Sunday I really had the urge to cheat!! I mean I really wanted to go to McDonalds and get a fish sandwich and some fries, but I really had to be strong and fight that craving.. It was hard because it didn't pass for a long time, but I just thought of how long I have been unhappy and just said no, just because I am outta town doesn't give me permission to cheat, and I didn't!!

Congrats to everyone on your weightloss this week, everyone is doing great. Even if you haven't lost as much as you wanted, anything is good, and that means your not gaining.
I topped out on Sunday losing only 4 pounds rather than the 6 I thought I lost. I guess since I was sick on Wednesday, I really hadn't truly lost that extra 2 pounds, it was just that I was totally empty and had lost all my fluids due to being so sick, and once better the 2 pounds came back.
But I'll take 4 pounds that alright for week one I guess.
Hang in there everyone!!! ;)

Tlo

Kudos for fighting the fish urge :lol: 4#s is good!!! Like you said, at least we are not gaining anything. So keep up the good work!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » September 19th, 2006, 8:18 am

Hello all!! Whats shaking? (sorry I cant help myself :D ) I hope everyone is having a great day. The weather here is wonderful so I am planning a nice walk ASAP! First I have alot of work to get done. I have been thinking about the progress I have made since beginning this journey and I think I am doing well, but I have to be honest I still dont think I am ready to be around alot of temptations yet. My son wanted to buy some halloween candy and I said absolutely not!! The thought of having a bag of mini snickers is too much for me!! My doctor advised that I dont deprive myself and just eat one. My doctor obviously does not understand! I am the type to think I will just have one and then before I know it the bag is empty!! I am much better having none. Maybe someday but for now I am keeping my house junk food free and avoiding any temptations. Little Debbie is no longer welcome in my home!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby Emmasmom » September 19th, 2006, 10:01 am

cyn, I totally understand. I feel the same way! I know that I'm not strong enough to have certain food in the house right now. Although, I haven't gotten off MF since starting, I know that if I have those cookies, etc, it will be the end of the winning streak. I still won't cook certain things for my husband and daughter right now and thank goodness he's okay with that. He's been very supportive and he knows how important this is to me. I am a little nervous about Thanksgiving though. We usually go to Louisiana where my family lives, and we usually cook everything a couple of days before. I told my husband that I would like to eat Thanksgiving dinner with every one but I'm afraid that if I do, I will have a hard time getting back on MF. I don't want to fail at this. I feel so much better and happier that I'm getting this weight off! Oh well! I still have a couple of months, so maybe I will be stronger when the time comes! As for Halloween we are definitely not doing candy this year! Don't know what we're gonna do but we won't be passing out candy! :lol:

Hope everyone has a great day!
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 19th, 2006, 10:56 am

I agree 100% about having temptation sitting in your home (or work). I am proof siiting here. Last night I threw a real pity party. I got a birth announcement in the mail from one of my best friends who hated children and broke up a home and now suddenly has a baby boy and is over the moon. I got so jealous and then I had to pray and ask God to help me.

I was already feeling "toxic" - bad headache and VERY dizzy. I forgot about the bouillon for dizziness and I just sat on the couch and watched everything spin. I was trying to make dinner for DH = I could only finish the rice and black beans. Even though there is chocolote in our house (belongs to the relatives of our house guest) I did not touch it all this week (they would be so happy if I ate it so I can fail). So today we have a bowl of candy on the table in conference room for an emergency board meeting. WHO DIPPED INTO IT AND HAD more than one piece?????? And its deadly candy ... those soft mints - they pack a wallop. I am on my way to go cry on my doctor...I wanna see what my BP is etc. if I can make it to Brooklyn thru traffic - Pres Bush and other heads of state are town at the UN.

I already cried on DH and he asked me if I had blood (his foreign way of saying I am human :lol: ) He said "when you come home, don't look for the scale, you won't find it!!! I moved it!":shock: :shock:
Our basement has a dark, dark room that the old italian families made wine in and I am terrified of that room; I bet that is where he put it.

I won't post any confessions outside this thread. You guys are enough to keep me straight and narrow. :lol: And cheer me up. :oops:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby Elizabeth » September 19th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Nat :heart: We are human. We are not perfect. Do your best to follow the plan. One meal at a time. Please don't beat yourself up. Try to learn from mistakes. Just continue. Hope your doctor appointment goes well. You have done great so far. I bet he/she is happy about your weight loss. It can only get better. You've come a long way and are learning so much about yourself. Hang in there.
Elizabeth

Postby VictoriousNat » September 19th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Nat :heart: We are human. We are not perfect. Do your best to follow the plan. One meal at a time. Please don't beat yourself up. Try to learn from mistakes. Just continue. Hope your doctor appointment goes well. You have done great so far. I bet he/she is happy about your weight loss. It can only get better. You've come a long way and are learning so much about yourself. Hang in there.

Thanks Elizabeth!! I feel better now that I am home. Thank to Pres Bush I got to Brooklyn two hours late and doc could not see me for an exam but she poked her head out to say hi and she did say that I lost weight but she did not like the color in my face - she said I look "pale and gray instead of the nice usual brown." LOL So we'll see.

I just made some sugar free jello and sugar free jello cheesecake pudding. A dollop of each should satisfy my dying sweet tooth. :)

You are right about learning about me and my triggers etc. I think a lot of us are blessed with supportive DHs. My DH is usually so critical of himself and others. But when I told him what happened (my assistant said he thinks I had 8 -10 mints!!!...he was watching me), DH said that he has never seen me this in control of my eating and that I am learning how to be moderate in all I do. That made me feel so much better.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » September 19th, 2006, 3:01 pm

Nat~ :pet: I know how you feel! Somedays I really feel down in the dumps and that is why I love this thread so much. I come here and get my batteries recharged and then I am ready to face another day! I go back to the doctor Thursday and I am already a nervous Nellie :( I dont think I will ever get over hating appointments.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » September 19th, 2006, 3:44 pm

cyn wrote:Nat~ :pet: I know how you feel! Somedays I really feel down in the dumps and that is why I love this thread so much. I come here and get my batteries recharged and then I am ready to face another day! I go back to the doctor Thursday and I am already a nervous Nellie :( I dont think I will ever get over hating appointments.

NEVER!! I have 3 next week. Ugh!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tlo » September 19th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Hi guys. Nat don't beat yourself up, that cheat wasn't the end of the world, I feel your pain because I have a weakness for those butter mints myself!!! I love them!!! But you will be fine, just keep thinking of your goal and how great you are going to look, and just keep going, don't beat yourself up for this, tomorrow is a new day.

Cyn-I hate appointments too, I know the feeling all too well. And I am so nervous about Thanksgiving myself, I really really hope that I stay strong around that day, I just can't see how, but I am just going to try to take it one hour at a time. I might be on this board every 15 min on that day ;)
But we will be here for each other, don't worry, we'll be fine.

I have a confession myself- I strayed off plan today :| Me and my sister which just so happens to be my best friend had a huge fight 3 weeks ago and haven't spoken since, and I guess today its just really getting to me, and I am feeling really, really,down about it. And when I get this way, I either eat or don't eat. And today I felt like not eating. So I haven't had any supplements at all but a chocolate mint bar and a very small salad. I know in order to loose I need to eat all my supplements, and not eating them is just as bad as over eating or cheating, but I just am feeling really blue today and just really emotional. I miss my sister a lot and don't want to argue anymore, but she won't talk to me so what can I do? But oh well hopefull tomorrow will be better.
Sorry about being so long winded, thanks for letting me vent guys, hope you all have a greay rest of the day, & stay strong.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby VictoriousNat » September 19th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Ladies, please ignore my jello pudding. Don't do it! It's not legal. Oh well pudding and mints!!! I am doing so well. I don't know why I thought it was safe just because it says Jello. :hammerhead:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room