8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Elizabeth » September 15th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Hi everyone. I have been trying to keep busy and trying to not think so much about it all. I also have the scale gone and am undecided about whether I will weigh on Sunday or not. I like the freedom from it and also keeping myself busy. I'm over my bad time and feel more focused and in control again although I'm still waiting for the period to start. I know that make me feel better. I have a birthday party tonight of my nephews...probably pizza and salad. I'm not anticipating a problem dealing with it at all. I'll try and check in later girls!! Stay strong and have a great day. Great to see everyone posting!! We are all different but trying to achieve the same thing. :)
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Emmasmom » September 15th, 2006, 4:18 pm

Elizabeth, good for you! I don't think I could handle the pizza thing right now...its the one thing I've been craving! I keep thinking that maybe if I have one piece it would satisfy my craving, but I know if I do I won't stop at one and that would be the point where I would fall off the wagon! So way to go girl!! You're doing great!

Well, I'm off to fix us dinner. Hope everyone has a great night!
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby tlo » September 15th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Elizabeth, and emmasmom, sorry you both are having a hard time but you will be just fine. And as for that birthday party, do not worry about it, just know that you are stronger than some cheese and some dough. And just remember what Nancy always says, nothing taste as good as being thin feels. So just try to stay away from the food tabel ;)

Cyn I am sorry that your doctor rescheduled your appointment, I know how hard that is to not be abel to eat for a whole day, and then to have to do that again for another day :cry: Totally sucks!!!! But it is okay, just keep your eyes on the prize girlfriend. Also I hope all your tests come out okay. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Have a great night, I will check in with you guys tomorrow.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Elizabeth » September 15th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Hi everyone. Just back from the party. I did fine today. I am doing the fast today and am making my 7th MF meal right now. The new rules are 6-7 but I'm giving myself the max so Im' feeling satisfied. Also, I was up at 6:30 am but I don't feel like my first meal until 9. I have an elementary student and also high school student (kids) so I'm busy waking, making breakfasts, lunches and driving both to school in the early a.m. What I'm getting at is I have a meal every two hours. It keeps me satisfied. 9.11.1.3.5.7.9 (I'm having my 9 pm meal right now)
Its alot of food. The pizza and the cake didn't bother me. It was outside and there was a moonwalk and kids running everywhere....so it was fun for me.
Have a great evening (it's getting late) and I'll check back in tomorrow.
Elizabeth

Postby cyn » September 16th, 2006, 7:33 am

Good morning everyone!! I am making a new commitment to really stay focused and do well on the program. I cant keep letting life get in the way and use that for an excuse not to stay on track. If I do I am doomed to fail and that is NOT an option!! I just need to plan better and be ready for those things in life that happen last minute. Even if I have to throw some shakes in my purse and keep them for those times when something comes up and I leave the house in a hurry. I am not too proud to mix up a quick shake in the parking lot of 7-11! It is alot better than going in there and trying to find something healthy to eat. I know there are many things that can happen in our lives that we cant control but I also know that getting control of my eating habits and regaining my health is just as important if not more so than anything else. Why is it so hard for us to make "us" priority #1?? I havent been too bad yet, but I do feel old habits trying to sneak back in and I hear myself making excuses for why I did this or that and I simply need to quit that!! I need to give myself and my health 100% and that is what I am going to do!! I know with the support group we have I will be able to succeed. Thanks to all of you for posting and giving me the motivation and the desire to keep on keeping on. This thread means alot to me and I know I wouldnt have done near as well without it. Have a wonderful day you guys. Get out there and shake it up!!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby Emmasmom » September 16th, 2006, 7:57 am

cyn and elizabeth I'm so proud of you! You are both have a great frame of mind. You know what you have to do and you're doing! Good for you! This support group is wonderful, and I think we will all benefit from this. All we have to do is hang on and support each other and we'll be fine!

I weighed in today and I've lost another 2 lbs!!! That bring me to 9 lbs in 2 weeks. It's been 2 weeks today that I started MF. I had a goal of getting to a 10 lb loss but I will take 9. I'm really not that upset of not making my 10 lb goal! I know that next week I will definitely make it! I know a lot of people have had bigger losses but I guess I'm just a slow loser! :x But that's ok, everyone is different and I have to remember that. I'm just happy that I've lost 9 lbs! It would have taken me forever to lose 9 lbs on any other program.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday! Stay strong, and remember that we are all here for each other!
Emmasmom

Postby kendra_m » September 16th, 2006, 11:51 am

Sounds like we're all getting back in the saddle!! How cool is that? I know that I wouldn't have been able to get my mindset back into the positive if it weren't for you guys.... so thanksssssss and a big hug to you all!!!

I've been keeping a shake packet in my purse, as a just in case thing, so if I'm out of the house longer than I thought, I figure I can always get a bottle of water, drink half of it and mix the rest into a shake. It helps me having the security and always having a meal there if I need it.

Hope y'all are having a great saturday!!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 17th, 2006, 6:55 am

Good morning Medifriends! (I picked that up in one of Nancy's posts..cute huh?)
Hope everyone is doing good and feeling well today. I am just fine. I am on plan and have been for a few days now. My scale is away still. I am not planning on weighing in the near future. I like not being overly focused on the weight loss. I feel content just keeping busy and eating my MF meals right now.
Congrats Kendra and Nat on your losses. I just checked out the Roll Call thread. I'm so happy for you guys. I'll try and check in later. It is going to be a beautiful day here at my home in Michigan. I think maybe one of the last 80 degree days for a while according to the weather. I sat outside earlier with my coffee and oatmeal and felt the fall air and sunshine. It felt wonderful. Have a terrific day. :heart: to you all!
Elizabeth

Postby Emmasmom » September 17th, 2006, 8:05 am

Elizabeth, I totally understand the scale thing. I weighed yesterday which was 2 weeks ago that I started MF and it showed that I lost 9 lbs, but the DH forgot to hide the scale and had to get on it this morning and that showed I lost another 1 lb. LOL! Well, needless to say, I am really excited, but made the DH hide it again. I obsess too much about the scale and feel like a like a weight (hehe, get it weight) has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm happy about weighing just once a week. I wish I had that freedom like you do! I am so envious! Good for you! Have a great Sunday in the cool fall air! It's raining here in Dallas! :x

KendraM (Emmasmom)
Emmasmom

Postby JeepGirl » September 17th, 2006, 9:02 am

Congrats Kendra M on making the #10 Club!! Keep up the good work!
JeepGirl

Postby cyn » September 17th, 2006, 9:10 am

Congrat to all of us for making it thru another week!! And to those who lost of course! Elizabeth~I know how you feel about the scale. I am forcing myself to only weigh on Sunday mornings and then just sticking to the program without obsessing about the scale! It is hard to do! I will be glad when this program becomes routine instead of something I think about 24/7! I am loving losing weight and want to continue but sometimes I think that is all I can think about!! Anyhoo, I am sure that will pass but as long as I am losing the weight I can deal with a bit of obsession! I am heading to my parents for a visit so have a nice day everyone!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » September 17th, 2006, 9:12 am

I know exactly what you mean about that scale. I weighed in on my sister's scale today and now all I can think is "what if her scale is wrong!" She made fun of me because I am....TMI...constipated. :lol: She said she is gonna weigh me after I take some fiber. :shock: She is so rude that one.

Anyway, DH says he wants me to weigh in MONTHLY!!! He said I am getting too worked up about the numbers. He said he can't stand when the scale does not move and I mope around and look dejected or it moves because I have just peed a river and I get excited. He said its too much roller coaster. Sigh. He is probably right.

I have been focusing though on my Blood Pressure #s and inches. THE BP IS GOING DOWN!! I want off meds so bad!!!!

I have had the queerest NSVs - even though I am down only 14lbs...I went down an underwear size and had to buy new panties. :oops: and I just put on a bra that could not hook before (one of those sexy wrap front numbers - I am all about the wrap front :lol:) and today 3 of 4 hooks hooked (I can hook the 4th but its right over a mole, so I don't wanna touch the mole with metal). So I am wearing it anyway. :lol: Lets hope I dont get a red mark on my rib cage. I can still breathe. :lol:

My aunt noticed that my denim skirt is longer this week...thats because it has fallen past my waist and is now getting closer to looking like a hip rider.

If you remember my first post, I talked about having lost 50#s once and having hardly anyone compliment me and having my own bro tell me I look the same (yes, stomp on my heart! ;) ). Anyway this time around I don't care about the compliments but guess what? I am getting them. My best friend told me that she can see that I am "narrower" around rib cage area said she could see my face was changing. Well the best was my aunt...who noticed my skirt was longer than last week. She has been so kind with complimenting and encouraging me. When I picked her up at the airport she said right away that I looked good and thinner (I am down 21# since SHE saw me last year).

So ladies the moral is find something else to boost your progress other than the scale ... if the scale is making you mental. I find my NSVs more empowering than the scale. The scale is only minus 14. :x
But my NSVs are not in keeping with 14#s; they feel more like a 25# loss.
So get measured girls and let your DH keep the scale and step on it only when you feel ready!!!

Have a good week. We have to get on the road soon to drive home. Got my shakes and my bars!!! See youse (thats Brooklynese for you all :-P )
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 17th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Nat! That was a great post! Thanks for it. :) Wow, nice NSV's you have shared. I have one. I actually got on the riding lawn mower today to try and learn to do it. I know its riding, but we have a lot of property. My husband is really surprised I asked how to do it and frankly so am I. (I hope I don't regret it ;) He will get used to it. Really though, I like the idea of hopping on the mower and cutting grass. This MF is freeing up so much time. The DIETS I was usually on took so much time to shop, prepare and think think think and focus focus too much. I love MF. My confidence is getting better. I have hope and feel like I am looking better and am worth it. I was chatting with my husband and told him that because I now have hope that I can and will get to my goal and be a normal weight for the first time in my life. I told him that the hopeless feeling really has kept me stagnant in many areas and also made me not very pleasant to be around sometimes. Things are changing. I'm liking it alot!
Last edited by Elizabeth on September 18th, 2006, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Postby Emmasmom » September 18th, 2006, 8:14 am

Hi all, just wanted to share that I had a NSV yesterday. I made my 10 lbs goal yesterday and my husband sent me to get my nails done, and when I got in the car he had gone and gotten me a GC to a scrapbook store (my fav)! I went and got my nails done and then went to the scrapbook store and a ring that I wear almost everyday fell off my finger! I had to put it in my purse because it kept slipping off! I was so excited! I know it doesn't compare to going down a size but to me that was a sign that MF is working! :whoohoo:

Hope every one has a good Monday!
Emmasmom

Postby GucciGoo » September 18th, 2006, 8:21 am

Nat are you from Brooklyn?
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room