8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Postby cyn » August 26th, 2006, 6:33 am

I am just beginning the program today and I am starting this thread for a support group open to anyone and everyone who is getting started on the program and would like to help each other with support and motivation. Also this can be a place for accountability if you need to. I know it will help me greatly if I have someone who understands what I am going thru during my journey-and to be honest I really dont feel comfortable talking about diets and being overweight to my real life friends and family. So, here I am ready to pull up a chair and admit to the world that I weigh 272.5 and as I take the first sip of my MF shake I vow that I will never see that number on the scales again!! Anyone wanna join me??
edited to change the name to Club Benjamin which represents losing 100lbs-Thanks to Nat for being so brilliant! I would much rather think of a hundred dollar bill than 100lbs of me!! And even if you dont have a Benjamin to lose please feel free to join us!
Last edited by cyn on August 26th, 2006, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 26th, 2006, 6:51 am

Hey Cyn,

I am with ya sister girl (sound like Oprah and Maya)!! Nat the Victorious (sounds like a wrestler) checking in!! In my other post I said those of us with 100# or more should the Benjamin club (since ben franklin is on the $100 bill). tee hee

I don't believe in accidents/coincidences, so I really believe today was the day for me to start (as opposed to nice and neat Sept 1st). I feel so at peace today and I know that I am incredibly, incredibly blessed to have found this site and this forum (NOT an accident either)! :)
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cyn » August 26th, 2006, 7:05 am

I am right with you on the starting date. I debated about the first of Sept. then I considered Monday-cause we all know that is when diets start! and also considered Sunday because I saw the thread about Sunday weigh in-All of those ideas sounded Ok and logical but somethig inside me said dont wait-today is the day and it is time!
The Benjamin Club--Love it!! Maybe I should edit the title of this thread!
I am so ready to become the woman I know I am and am tired of the wieght holding me back! No more excuses and no more waiting! My time is now!!
cyn

Postby wildtrk » August 26th, 2006, 7:45 am

Just wanted to poke my head in and throw 2 Abe's into the mix. The best time to start a diet is NOW....there is never an ideal day. Sunday's nice cause it is weigh-in day for most folks here. Monday is a good day because it is the beginning of the week. Tuesday is good because you vowed you would have your last cheat on Monday. Wednesday is also a good day because it is the middle of the week and the weekend isn't here yet. Thursday is a good day to start as well, cause nothing much ever happens on Thursday's. Friday...last day of the work week...this is the day the hardcore dieter's start...let's get the diet kicked off going into the weekend. And then there is Saturday....maybe you went out on Friday night and had pizza or pasta or some other big carbo bloated meal, followed up with carb or sugar laced alcoholic drinks...so Saturday is a good day to affirm that today is the day that starts your journey down the road to Thinville. So you are probably saying to yourself "when did this blowhard start." Well I started on the Friday of Easter weekend. I figured if I made it through Easter without cheating then I could faceup to a lot of other challenges. I can tell you it wasn't easy but I did do it. So you see every day is a good day to start.

Please don't take this post the wrong way...I was just throwing my 2 Abe's out to say that everyday is a good day to start being a LOSER!

Good luck to all of you and I hope I am standing in Club Benjamin welcoming you in as well!
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cyn » August 26th, 2006, 7:51 am

wildtrk~I understand your post completely. It is not the day it is your state of mind and being actually ready. If we all waited for the calendar to make our lif changes than we would get nowhere fast! I know I have already wasted way to much time and energy waiting for the perfect product, moment, or whatever I have been looking for when I really just needed to focus and commit. No more excuses about not wanting to waste food that I have already bought or that I am having supper out on Friday so I should wait til another day. I had a shake this morning and I am off and running!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 26th, 2006, 8:16 am

wildtrk wrote: So you are probably saying to yourself "when did this blowhard start."

:roflmao: I think you are funny. I have read a lot of your posts and I crack up a lot. I don't take your comment here the wrong way at all. You make an excellent point. Thanks for welcoming us and I look forward to your support and advice!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby Serendipity » August 26th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Hey, girls, the turkey's right. I started on October 15 last year....one month away from Thanksgiving, two months from Christmas. I could very easily decided to wait until after the holiday pig outs, but instead I lost 43 pounds by January 1!

Good luck to y'all.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby cyn » August 26th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Jo~Thanks so much for the reply. The day before Thanksgiving?? Good for you! I have come to the resolve that no food, hoiday or otherwise is as important as my health! My mind is set to win this battle and nothing will stand in my way. If I have to sit with 15+ family members(in-laws and the whole gang) and watch them feast on meatloaf and scalloped potatoes for Sunday dinner while I drink my wonderful MF shake then I will do it!! It is a matter of me taking charge of me! When I saw the amazing results on this forum I knew right then that MF was the plan for me and this forum would be my new home. Everyone is so supportive. Seeing the success was key. I really needed to see that it can be done.
cyn

Postby lauradr » August 26th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Jo and turkey's right just do it
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby cyn » August 26th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Wow! My first day is winding down and so far so good! I really thought I would be wanting to dive into some little debbie cakes about 3pm but I was not even tempted!! However I did spend way to much time lurking on this site reading threads! Gosh it is so nice to see all of the big losers!! I plan on weighing in tomorrow even though I amonly on my first day just so I can be in on the Sunday roll call. Hopefully I can keep myself off the scale through out the week and not obsess about weighing until a week has passed! Past diets have caused me to jump on and off the scales nearly every time I went into the bathroom!! This time I will remail sane and do the right thing!! So here is to day one nearly gone! Wahoo!! I hope everyone had a great day!
start 8/26/06

cyn

can i join you all?

Postby tommysgirl » August 27th, 2006, 5:03 am

i just restarted the program this past wednesday. i chose wednesday because monday & tuesday at work were crazy and in order to be successful i wanted my 1st 3 days to be less hectic. i've made it through the weekend until sunday morning and feel so good about not cheating one bit. tried this in the past but i would take a bite here and there that was not allowed and ended up spinning my wheels. i'm scared that i will fail again but i'm going to keep my focus on my goal. i rejoined with the idea that one off-program bite leads to two, and three, and so one. i also do not have any bars in the house as this is a weak area for me. i was 100% faithful to the program and i got to say, it's true,once you're in ketosis you're more in control and don't have all those nasty cravings. not saying last night was easy but it was easiER being faithful if that makes sense. i am 5'5" and started at 202. know i'm not supposed to weigh daily but the first week it helps me to see the results. have lost 5 lbs since wednesday. i'd like to lose at least 70 lbs, so what is that--a grant ($50) and a jackson ($20)? i'd love you join you all if you'll have me.
tommysgirl

Postby cyn » August 27th, 2006, 7:41 am

Tommysgirl~Welcome! Please do join us! I will take all the support, motivation, and friendship I can with this journey. Congrats on losing already! Looks like you are well on your way!
I am just getting ready for a nice shake, I am thinking of doing all shakes for a day or two and skipping the L&G. I read somewhere when alot of newbies do this for a boost. Also I need to really consider some sort of exercise. Lets face it at 270+ I am not really into the fitness thing :( I am hoping to find something that I can actually do and will enjoy-at least to some extint. Lately housecleaning is my only form of exercise-and I dont do that as often as I problably should :oops: No telling how many dust bunnies are iving under the bed! So now I am off to stir thing up a bit and grab a shake! Celebrity fit club is on today. I love watching those weightloss shows! I am a big fan of The Biggest Loser too. I must confess normally I would sit and watch and wish that it was me losing the weight while I was eating candy or ice cream ;) Gee, wonder why I am fat?!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 27th, 2006, 9:49 am

:lol: @ Cyn! Yeah you made it to day two!! Great!!!

I am NOT giving up my LG; it was THE thing that made this program doable for me. :lol: Gotta have my asparagus and boca burger this afternoon. Bought some organic free range chicken and wild salmon. Not a big salmon fan but its easy to prepare. Found a great organic sugar free salt free dressing that is 1 carb per 2 teaspoons. It;s from Organicville - flavor is Herbs de Provence Vinaigrette(yeah totally prententious :lol: )

But do your shake thing - you know that you are getting all your nutrients, so you can relax and enjoy. My cousin did shakes and soups only for the 1st week to figure out which ones she liked and she did quite well. Which shakes are your faves so far. I like the dutch chocolate this morning - blended with 3 ice cubes. Don't like french vanilla. Trying banana creme this morning.

To tommysgirl: WELCOME aboard!! Congrats on 5lbs down. Soon you will be in double digits loss. Yeah!! :cleader:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » August 28th, 2006, 4:42 am

I cant believe today is day 3 already! I am usually ready to throw in the towel on other diets but I am feeling really great about this. So far I have liked all the shakes but I havent tried the french vanilla yet. Something about vanilla just makes me think it is too plain-I dont know to me that is like eating vanilla ice cream rather than chocolate-to each his own but for me that isnt an option! I have a busy day ahead which will help me not think about cheating so that is a good thing. We all know how Mondays are!
Nat~I dont blame you for keeping your L & G ~do whatever it takes to stay focused and motivated! Have a great day everyone and remember every second of the day that you are worth it!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby tommysgirl » August 28th, 2006, 6:15 am

keep up the good work cyn. french vanilla is actually my favorite because you can do so much with it by adding flavoring. i know everyone's taste is different--i hate the dutch chocolate and ended up having to mix it with vanilla and make a double batch just so i could tolerate it. i'm down 6 lbs as of this morning, yea!
tommysgirl

Next

Return to The Weight Room