8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby tommysgirl » August 30th, 2006, 4:53 am

i agree vic. nat, everyone's taste is different--i LOVE the french vanilla, it's my favorite. don't particularly care for the minestrone either. the chili is good, i put the allowed amount of barbeque sauce per serving (like bullseye) and it gives it a whole different flavor. my 1 week weigh in this morning is same as yesterday (that's what i get for weighing daily, right?) 6.5 lbs and i'll take it.

overcast and drizzly in d.c. everyone have a fabulous day

does anyone know, do you lose faster with all liquid? i eliminated bars because i heard it was faster weight loss.
tommysgirl

Postby VictoriousNat » August 30th, 2006, 7:51 am

Yeah for TG (Tommy's girl)!!! :cleader: By the way who's Tommy? Better not be Tommy Lee :lol:

Congrats on 6.5! Heck I'll take it. This morning DH gave a soft but stern warning about getting on that scale every day. He said just be compliant and weigh on Sundays!

Oh so easy to say...sigh. I have decided also to leave the bars alone. They don't do anything for me except make me chew. I tried the smores and it was so sweet. Ick!

Good question about all liquid. Ask Nancy.

Anyway congrats on 6.5!!! Keep going!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby tommysgirl » August 30th, 2006, 8:10 am

Tommy is not for Tommy Lee, yuck :)! Tommy is my dad who recently passed away. I'm actually a single mom with an adult son that lives at home who just graduated college. Thanks so much for your good wishes and I told myself I would only weigh once a week. Have a great day!!
tommysgirl

Postby Unca_Tim » August 30th, 2006, 8:16 am

Hi TG and welcome,
:wave:

There's very little difference between the 5/1 and Full Fast.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Elizabeth » August 30th, 2006, 8:19 am

WTG TG, Cyn and Nat! You're doing great. Nat, I'm excited to see your loss on Sunday. Cyn, how are you doing today? TG, congrats on the 6.5 lb loss already. I bet it feels great.
Did you see the post I bumped in the Weightloss forum called 50 lb loss? It is the 11 week weigh in from one of the board members. She lost 50 lbs in the first 11 weeks! Just amazing! Anyway, just popping in to say hi and have another great day.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 30th, 2006, 8:19 am

tommysgirl wrote:Tommy is not for Tommy Lee, yuck :)! Tommy is my dad who recently passed away. I'm actually a single mom with an adult son that lives at home who just graduated college. Thanks so much for your good wishes and I told myself I would only weigh once a week. Have a great day!!

Hugs!! I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't mean to make fun.
Congrats on your son finishing college!!! My mom got divorced when I was about 14 and she put my brother and me through college (we had to get jobs of course). And we both moved back home after college. :D .... And I moved back home after law school!!! :oops: That's how it goes. :D
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby VictoriousNat » August 30th, 2006, 9:29 am

Unca_Tim wrote:Hi TG and welcome,
:wave:

There's very little difference between the 5/1 and Full Fast.

Unca,

Does it make a difference if one alternates between L&G and full fast?
Alernate days? Alternate weeks? or Does this mess up the metabolism? Thanks.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby ascicles » August 30th, 2006, 9:49 am

wildtrk wrote:Just wanted to poke my head in and throw 2 Abe's into the mix. The best time to start a diet is NOW....there is never an ideal day. Sunday's nice cause it is weigh-in day for most folks here. Monday is a good day because it is the beginning of the week. Tuesday is good because you vowed you would have your last cheat on Monday. Wednesday is also a good day because it is the middle of the week and the weekend isn't here yet. Thursday is a good day to start as well, cause nothing much ever happens on Thursday's. Friday...last day of the work week...this is the day the hardcore dieter's start...let's get the diet kicked off going into the weekend. And then there is Saturday....maybe you went out on Friday night and had pizza or pasta or some other big carbo bloated meal, followed up with carb or sugar laced alcoholic drinks...so Saturday is a good day to affirm that today is the day that starts your journey down the road to Thinville. So you are probably saying to yourself "when did this blowhard start." Well I started on the Friday of Easter weekend. I figured if I made it through Easter without cheating then I could faceup to a lot of other challenges. I can tell you it wasn't easy but I did do it. So you see every day is a good day to start.

Please don't take this post the wrong way...I was just throwing my 2 Abe's out to say that everyday is a good day to start being a LOSER!

Good luck to all of you and I hope I am standing in Club Benjamin welcoming you in as well!

I disagree. I specifically started my diet on a Tuesday because it's my first workday of the week. I work 10 hour shifts, so it made it really easy to keep my mind off the hunger while I was at work all day. If I would have started on a Friday or another day that I was off of work, I would have been miserable.

Different things work for different people.

On the subject of the liquid thing, I have eaten a bar every day since I started Medifast in March. I am still averaging about 5 pounds a week, so it doesn't seem to hinder my success.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 30th, 2006, 9:56 am

ascicles wrote:
wildtrk wrote:Just wanted to poke my head in and throw 2 Abe's into the mix. The best time to start a diet is NOW....there is never an ideal day. Sunday's nice cause it is weigh-in day for most folks here. Monday is a good day because it is the beginning of the week. Tuesday is good because you vowed you would have your last cheat on Monday. Wednesday is also a good day because it is the middle of the week and the weekend isn't here yet. Thursday is a good day to start as well, cause nothing much ever happens on Thursday's. Friday...last day of the work week...this is the day the hardcore dieter's start...let's get the diet kicked off going into the weekend. And then there is Saturday....maybe you went out on Friday night and had pizza or pasta or some other big carbo bloated meal, followed up with carb or sugar laced alcoholic drinks...so Saturday is a good day to affirm that today is the day that starts your journey down the road to Thinville. So you are probably saying to yourself "when did this blowhard start." Well I started on the Friday of Easter weekend. I figured if I made it through Easter without cheating then I could faceup to a lot of other challenges. I can tell you it wasn't easy but I did do it. So you see every day is a good day to start.

Please don't take this post the wrong way...I was just throwing my 2 Abe's out to say that everyday is a good day to start being a LOSER!

Good luck to all of you and I hope I am standing in Club Benjamin welcoming you in as well!

I disagree. I specifically started my diet on a Tuesday because it's my first workday of the week. I work 10 hour shifts, so it made it really easy to keep my mind off the hunger while I was at work all day. If I would have started on a Friday or another day that I was off of work, I would have been miserable.

Different things work for different people.

On the subject of the liquid thing, I have eaten a bar every day since I started Medifast in March. I am still averaging about 5 pounds a week, so it doesn't seem to hinder my success.

Thanks for the input, Manly! I appreciate your comment on the bars. I was really wondering if it was holding me back. Even though you're a dude, it might be a good guage!! Congrats on dropping a Benjamin!! :cleader: I can't wait for that to be me.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tommysgirl » August 30th, 2006, 11:03 am

victorious nat, it's so funny you said tommy lee because he's one of those famous people that i can't stand and my son teases me about him saying you know you really think he's hot (skinny, all those tatoos, ugh!). anyway, i don't mind talking about my dad, he was a great guy. so keep up the humor, i love it :)
tommysgirl

Postby cyn » August 30th, 2006, 2:08 pm

I am so happy to see this thread thriving along!! Thanks everyone for the positive motivation and tips. This board is full of support and I love that! I love having this thread to be accountable to. It sure helps me stay focused knowing I am going to be posting my progress daily. I am going to definately check out the thread of 50# gone in 11 weeks! Talk about some motivation! So far I am staying on track 100% with no problems. I am seriously considering putting my scales into the back of my closet so I can quit wanting to jump on them every minute! I made a vow to weigh weekly and I am going to try! I hope everyone is having a good day and sticking to their goals! I hope I can check in again later.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 30th, 2006, 5:42 pm

cyn wrote:I am so happy to see this thread thriving along!! Thanks everyone for the positive motivation and tips. This board is full of support and I love that! I love having this thread to be accountable to. It sure helps me stay focused knowing I am going to be posting my progress daily. I am going to definately check out the thread of 50# gone in 11 weeks! Talk about some motivation! So far I am staying on track 100% with no problems. I am seriously considering putting my scales into the back of my closet so I can quit wanting to jump on them every minute! I made a vow to weigh weekly and I am going to try! I hope everyone is having a good day and sticking to their goals! I hope I can check in again later.

Happy to see you today, Cyn. And I am so glad the day went smoothly and you are right on track. Today was the best of the four days. I still feel hungry between meals but not as much as yesterday. And the water and tea drinking between meals....my coworkers are cracking up because I keep running to the loo. :lol:

Like you, I need to hide that scale - leave in trunk of car and have DH take it out every sunday morning. :-P I am hoping Sunday has a good payoff for all us newbies.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby Triskets » August 30th, 2006, 6:09 pm

nat and cyn - I finally found you two. cyn, you didn't tell me the title of your thread but I should have guessed it was the Benny Club since we were just talking about it! LOL

I am on the 5/1. I have not bought any of the other food MF has to offer. I like the shakes. I usually mix the Vanilla with diet root beer and the orange with diet raspberry and diet cream soda with chocolate or just water.

This is my 22nd day and I've never felt better. I have so much energy it is just amazing. We were with my folks yesterday and we went into a bakery. I almost gave in and had a fat pill but I felt the hand of God on my shoulder reminding me that I want to stay on the MF course. I felt at peace and was not tempted again. Cool hu?
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets

Postby cyn » August 30th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Trish~so glad you found the thread. Sorry for not explaining where we would be. Happy to hear you are doing so well. I am only using the shakes as well and so far I like them. I have only mixed them with water. I did semi freeze one the other day and it was very tasty!
Nat~It is wonderful that you are doing better. I was really worried about your bloating and gas. It is hard enough to stay on a program without feeling yucky to boot.
I am heading to bed early tonight. I am just winding down and feeling relaxed and mellow so I think I will take advantage and get a good nights sleep for a change.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 30th, 2006, 7:55 pm

Hi Triskets,

Sorry, girl. Cyn, forget to leave the trail of Benny bread crumbs so you could find us. :lol: Glad to hear you are doing well and resisted temptation!! I am proud of you. Bakeries are bad for me. LOL

Today, I went to this 99cent store called Jacks for low sodium soy and WF dressings. Well as I wandered around looking at all the stuff I used to buy (coconut water, smarties, cheezits) I was tossing insane non food items into my basket to compensate - bobby pins, garbage bags, and lip gloss. :lol:

Cyn,

Have a good night and a better tomorrow. ;)
I think I have a handle on the "air" problem. I copied you and put the orange creme in my magic bullet with some ice and then I put it in the fridge while I talked with my cousin. Well guess what? I went back to the fridge half hour later....almost half the shake was gone....all the air was gone...so I may do that everytime and let the air seep out. I LOVE ORANGE CREME FROZEN!! It was so good.

Have a great Thursday everyone!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room