8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby VictoriousNat » August 28th, 2006, 6:44 am

Hi Gals! :D

How are you this morning. It's dark and raining in New York City, but it will be a great day. Had an RTD as DH was driving me to the bus. I forgot to put a bar in my bag, so I will just have oat meal and then LG, then hot cocoa in the afternoon. I have a french vanilla RTD for my 1.5 hour commute. So I think I am set!!!

TG (TommysGirl) - I am definitely going to experiment with the shakes. All I have is vanilla extract; but I take it I will be shopping or a slew of extracts. :lol:

I feel very bloated and my tummy feels full. Hoping it will pass soon.

Have a wonderful shake-filled day!! :lol:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 28th, 2006, 6:54 am

Nat, have a great day today! When I started I felt bloated and had a few loose BM's (sorry) and my HA told me I may be a little lactose intolerant. I believe she was right. It went away but she suggested I try some lactaid type pills for a few days as needed. They help. You may want to pick some up and use them when using a shake or cream soup (lactose).
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 28th, 2006, 7:16 am

Thanks, Elizabeth! I believe I must be...my tummy felt that way right after I had the dutch chocolate. So I will pick up some of lactose pills from Rite Aid or wherever. Thanks. I can't imagine feeling this "puffy" all day long. LOL
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby tommysgirl » August 28th, 2006, 7:23 am

hi victorious nat, it's sunny, hot and muggy in D.C. with the dutch chocolate i mixed it with the french vanilla shake and added torani fat free vanilla and made a double batch. the first shake i had over ice and the 2nd one i put in the freezer and had it later--it was the closest thing i've had to those chocolate smoothy things you get at wendy's, don't remember the name of them. what is rtd? i went grocery shopping this weekend and bought every kind of extract they have plus i have the torani fat free hazelnut and vanilla. i've had the davinci german chocolate in the past and that is unbelivable!! that has to be ordered online though. good to hear from everyone this morning
tommysgirl

Postby cyn » August 28th, 2006, 9:07 am

Sunny and humid for me today. I had a big milestone happen for me this morning. While running errands my 2 little great neices asked for McDonalds and at the drive thru placing our order I automatically start thinking about an Egg McMuffin or the griddler with hash browns but thinkig was all I did. I got the girls a sausage biscuit and I had a nice bottle of water! I dont think I have ever gone done that before. Back in the day I would have eaten even if I had already had breakfast at home! Makes me feel great to know that I can take control of me if I stay focused!
I have only been having my shakes mixed with water so far. I havent tried them with ice or any syrups yet. I did put a strawberry one into the freezer yesterday and got it nearly frozen and ate it with a spoon. That was yummy! I am going to check into some syrups and stuff today and also maybe order some of the oatmeal, soups and bars. The only MF products I have now are the shakes. I am happy with the shakes for now but I want to get a variety so I dont become bored and use that as an excuse to be naughty. I am really wondering about the chili. Fall is around the corner and I am a big fan of chili! All of the soups will be nice when it gets cooler. I just hope I can stay away from the crackers! Have you guys tried the soups yet?
TG~rtd=ready to drink shakes. I havent tried any of these yet-I just have the powdered packets.
I havent had any bloating either (knock on wood) I am having regular BMs( ;) Elizabeth) which is nice because that has been a big problem for me in the past :cry: Often days would go by and I would be miserable. Sorry if that is TMI.
Time to get shaking as they say! Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 28th, 2006, 9:24 am

Yeah for you Cyn! That was soo good at McDs. You did it!!!

Last night I had to run and errand for my sister in law and needed to walk past a caribbean bakery - son of brooklyn bridge! it was hard! :lol: :lol: I just have to stay out of that neighborhood until I am stronger LOL - my neighborhood only has an italian bakery and I don't like italian baked goods....only the food. :-P
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » August 28th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Another great MF day winding down. I really should be working right now because I am behind on my writing but I catch myself reading threads here and the time just goes by! I love reading about the success people have on this plan. I am very much the type that needs to see results or I get discouraged-losing half a pound doesnt motivate me-I love reading the stories where people are losing 20+/month!! Thats what I am talking about!! That is the kind of story that makes me wanna SHAKE! I hope everyone had a nice day and I will be back in the morning to catch up.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 29th, 2006, 12:56 pm

Phooey guys! Today was hard! I have some wicked gas pains in my chest. It's moving around, so I know its gas.LOL

Here is today's menu:

8:30 am - banana shake with drops of coconut extract. YUM!

10:40 - caramel nut bar

12:40 - french vanilla RTD

3pm (was gonna do oatmeal - but decided to split my LG in two so I had 3 oz grilled chicken and 1/2 cup israeli salad (chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley in lime juice)

I still feel gassy...in a burpy way, thank God.

How is everyone else doing today?

Note to self: get those lactose pills. oy!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tommysgirl » August 29th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Victorious Nat, you're so funny! I'm doing great today, as of this morning, down another half pound. Tomorrow is my one week weigh in. I had a frozen vanilla shake with hazelnut & vanilla in it for breakfast, chocolate oatmeal frozen thingies 3 hours later (recipe found on this site), chicken noodle soup that was doctored up to perfection (cooked on weekend, huge batch with chopped celery, onion, spices, chicken broth) for lunch and just had a vanilla shake. will have steamed shrimp and broiled zucchini for dinner and a snake later (probably frozen). Cyn, I agree with you on hearing the positive posts, I need them as well. Ciao,
:D
tommysgirl

Postby cyn » August 29th, 2006, 1:18 pm

Hang in there Nat! Sorry to hear about the gas pain :( hope the pills help. Today seems to be dragging a bit for me. I dont know why but maybe it is because I woke up early-too early 3:30AM and could not go back to sleep. So now I feel like it would be great to nap but I have too much stuff to get done. I am curious about the food, since I have just been shaking it, is it good or is it diety tasting? I have tried many diet bars in the past and most were nasty to me. I really wanna try the chili. I dont know how long I will keep going on just the shake thing-but I wanted to get a good jump on the program before I tried the other food items.
Take it easy Nat. Your salad sounds so yummmmmmy!! :D
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 29th, 2006, 1:58 pm

tommysgirl wrote:Victorious Nat, you're so funny! I'm doing great today, as of this morning, down another half pound. Tomorrow is my one week weigh in. I had a frozen vanilla shake with hazelnut & vanilla in it for breakfast, chocolate oatmeal frozen thingies 3 hours later (recipe found on this site), chicken noodle soup that was doctored up to perfection (cooked on weekend, huge batch with chopped celery, onion, spices, chicken broth) for lunch and just had a vanilla shake. will have steamed shrimp and broiled zucchini for dinner and a snake later (probably frozen). Cyn, I agree with you on hearing the positive posts, I need them as well. Ciao,
:D

oh my gosh I love your menu! Where do you live? I'm coming over!! :D
Brilliant idea to make a batch of soup in advance. I will do that tonight. I just got some fresh celery and red onions. Yum! I froze a banana creme shake before I left home this morning - looking forward to it. I even have a popsicle stick in it . Bah ha ha
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tommysgirl » August 29th, 2006, 2:01 pm

cyn, i have to admit the first time i tried this program i hated some of the food like soup & chili but was educated on how to doctor it up & let it really cook. i cook it on the stove and really let it steep for a while and add veggies and spices. i do large batches at once and portion them out and stick in fridge so i grab and go. i think the soups and chili's are really good. i do use a lot of spices though.
tommysgirl

Postby VictoriousNat » August 29th, 2006, 2:08 pm

cyn wrote:Hang in there Nat! Sorry to hear about the gas pain :( hope the pills help. Today seems to be dragging a bit for me. I dont know why but maybe it is because I woke up early-too early 3:30AM and could not go back to sleep. So now I feel like it would be great to nap but I have too much stuff to get done. I am curious about the food, since I have just been shaking it, is it good or is it diety tasting? I have tried many diet bars in the past and most were nasty to me. I really wanna try the chili. I dont know how long I will keep going on just the shake thing-but I wanted to get a good jump on the program before I tried the other food items.
Take it easy Nat. Your salad sounds so yummmmmmy!! :D

Hey Cyn,

So glad I have you guys to listen to my gas issues. I am sure you are honored. :lol:

To me, the food tastes diety. That's why so many folks "doctor them up". Last night I suffered through the minestrone soup. My husband kept saying "drink it; it will be all right." I felt like a baby. :oops:

But the good things is the VARIETY. I hate minestrone some folks love it. I liked the chicken wild rice soup and I see people wanting to trade theirs. LOL I love banana creme shakes, some folks hate it. With the bars I have only tried caramel nut - a maply tasting nougat like with chocolate over it.
I have to try the rest - tomorrow I try the smores thingy. So with the food, its like an experiment right now. I will be selling or trading my cappucino chai late drinks and my french vanilla shakes pronto. :lol:

My cousin gave me a great idea - since on saturdays I hardly eat and on sundays its errand city up and down the place - she said on the weekends I could do all liquid. (she lost 70 lbs all liquid). One Sunday a month DH and will go to applebees or wherever and I can have the tilapia grilled fish with veggies and he can have...whatever.

I think you are doing swell liquid only! Keep going strong!! You can slowly introduce some other stuff down the road.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby VictoriousNat » August 29th, 2006, 2:11 pm

tommysgirl wrote:cyn, i have to admit the first time i tried this program i hated some of the food like soup & chili but was educated on how to doctor it up & let it really cook. i cook it on the stove and really let it steep for a while and add veggies and spices. i do large batches at once and portion them out and stick in fridge so i grab and go. i think the soups and chili's are really good. i do use a lot of spices though.

Yeah I had to go stove top. I could never make it with a nuke and go regimen. I use a lot of spices too. Yesterday I got some lemon grass and some fresh basil and some super hot pepper flakes.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » August 29th, 2006, 8:24 pm

Wow this day has gotten away from me! I cant believe it is this late. I am going to make this short and sweet. Another shake day for me! So far so good! I am headed to bed now. Hope everyone had a wonderful day and I will catch up on the posts tomorrow.
start 8/26/06

cyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room