8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Unca_Tim » August 30th, 2006, 10:49 pm

VictoriousNat wrote:Unca,

Does it make a difference if one alternates between L&G and full fast?
Alernate days? Alternate weeks? or Does this mess up the metabolism? Thanks.

There's no real studies to back up any kind of results by alternating from one plan to the other. Quite a few here on the forum have done this, and maybe they'll chime in with their opinions.

The main reason people choose between the two plans is mostly convenience. To some being able to have a regular meal with the family is a benefit. To others a total break from regular food choices can be beneficial.

The decision is totally yours, and I doubt there'll be very much difference in the overall outcome no matter what you do.

Just remember that the full fast requires monitoring by your doc and with any major change in your diet you should have regular check-ups.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby cyn » August 31st, 2006, 4:58 am

I am up early to get my shake on before I have to sart my busy day!! It is gonna be fairly hot today but cooler tomorrow so I am looking forward to that. Labor day wekend is upon us! Anyone have big plans? My sis called and is having a big BBQ which will be a challenge for me for a couple of reasons-I will be faced with all sorts of wonderful food that I cant have. This is something I have avoided pretty much so far so I am not tempted. Plus another problem is my family doesnt know I am doing this so if I dont eat they will question why. Of course they may not even notice since we will be in a very large group. I plan on just taking my shake and letting them think it is just a regular old calorie filled milkshake, and then if they asked why I am not eating I will just say the shake really filled me up and I might grab a bite in awhile. That is the plan. Anyone else have a suggestion because I dont want to tell them and listen to them tell me it wont work, or I will gain it back or that they cant tell I am dieting. People can be so hurtful! So this is my secret-and yours of course ;) Now I better get-if I start reading more posts I will never get anything done! This place can be addictive!
start 8/26/06

cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Triskets » August 31st, 2006, 7:01 am

cyn -
First I congratulate you on having a plan for a tough food situation.
You say there will be lots of wonderful food that you "can't have". It's not a matter of not having it's a choice of not WANTING to eat that calorie ladden food. Being on the MF plan won't last forever. Eventually you can go back to eating those fattening foods (in small quantities of course).
So please don't subconsciously sabotage your weight lose with the "can't have" thinking. ok? :D
I went to a salmon bbq last Saturday and I took a vege tray. I prefer the 5/1 plan because I need the chewing action.
Why not tell your family what you're doing? Are you afraid of accountability? Ask them for their support.
You want this program to work. You want to be a normal sized person. You want to wear "regular" sized clothing. You want to be able to sit in a regular sized chair and be comfortable. You've been losing an average of 5 count 'em 5 pounds per week - that means 20 pounds per month. That is awesome. Why would you want to screw up (or sabbotage) that type of success?
Another thought if you think the pressure of going to the bbq is more than you want to handle at this time is to call the morning of the bbq and tell them you can't come because you are sick. Or you will be late and then plan on going after the food is put away. Sweetie - where there is a will there is a way and we BOTH know there is a WILL to be slender.
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets

Postby cyn » August 31st, 2006, 7:27 am

Thanks Trish! The bbq will be ok and I am making more of a deal than it is I am sure. I am keeping this quiet for a fee reasons-I know my family and their opinions can be rather strong and overbearing. Even though the program is medically sound I know I am gonna hear it wont work, its unhealthy and unsafe, and then I will have to listen to their version of what I should/should not do! Oh and nearly everyone in my family is obese-not exactly diet professionals but they are full of advice ;) I know I can make it thru without cheating-I havent even missed eating since I started-I just hate listening to negativity so I am keeping my secret a bit longer and plan on having a nice day just chatting with family and enjoying the day without having to deal with the nay sayers. You are so right I know we both have the WILL to be slender!! And we are gonna do that!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » August 31st, 2006, 12:21 pm

Hey Cyn and Trish,

Glad you're both doing well today!! I felt a bit light headed and my doctor called me -what a coincidence. She does NOT like Medifast - she says its a fad. So I have to find a new doctor.

Anywho, its a nice cool day in New York so I am going to take a walk to get a pedicure. My feet are scary. :oops:

Oh I bought a new digi camera to take some more before shots in my underwear. Good Golly! :lol: DH broke my camera on vacation in Jamaica. Claims he doesn't know how it broke. :shock:

The more I think about this the more I see - its one day at a time.

TTYS and keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, Cyn, I think you will be fine at the BBQ. I have only told one cousin and of course my husband. I don't want to hear that isnt safe. Most of my family would not approve. They keep telling me just eat less. My best friend always advises to "fill up your plate with salad, then add a spoon of rice then add protein in tiny portions." My other girl friend says "why can't you just have one bite?" I asked why she can't have just one cigarrette...that ended that discussion. :lol:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cyn » August 31st, 2006, 12:41 pm

Nat~Good one on the cig comment. People who arent everweight have no idea! I have been thinking about the picture thing and I really should do it. I tend to stay far away from the camera but it will be great to see the progress. Also the picture would be a constant reminder of why I am going to succeed. I thought about the underwear thing and I might do that for my own self but I am also taking some with a t-shirt and shorts for here--if I get brave enough :oops: can ya hear me clucking??
Sorry you are lightheaded today. I hope it passes soon. Isnt it funny how different doctors have different ideas about what is good and bad for us?
One day at a time or one second at a time-however you need to look at it and stay focused. I have faith in all of us reaching our goals.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby Triskets » August 31st, 2006, 5:49 pm

Hi nat and cyn - glad the day is going well. As far as the doc saying that MF is a fad is just not dealing with reality. MF has been around at least since the 1980's. Long lasting fad!

Cyn I know what you mean about the overweight nay sayers. I think people are like that because they are envious that you have the motivation. And some people don't want you to succeed. So not telling your family sounds like a good idea.

Pictures? My stepdaughter got married in July. That's enough fat pictures of me thank you very much! LOL I don't like having my pic taken either at this weight.

What is onederland? I'm thinking it's when we weight 199 or less?

Nancy recommends drinking a fat free bouillion for light headedness. I hear it works wonders.

As for my day, I went out for a walk and did stuff around the house. We ran errands too. I do have a full time job but am on an LOA from having elbow surgery. I should be back to work in Sept.

Isn't being in ketosis the best? I like not feeling hunger pains.

If your weight decrease stalls out go get ketone sticks from the drug store. You pee on them first thing in the morning and it can turn to pink to dark purple. The darker the color, the more fat you are getting rid of.
So it's a great affirmation that MF is working.

I'm done for today, I'll talk to you two tomorrow - sweet dreams!
Trish
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets

Postby VictoriousNat » August 31st, 2006, 9:13 pm

Hey gals,

I need to go to bed - I wait up for DH 5 nights a week.

Just wanted to say thanks trish for reminding me of the fat free boullion. I bought some from the organic store and totally forgot. I will leave some at work and keep some at home. And yes, forgot about the ketone sticks. My cousin had em when she visited me last year. She said in a few days I am going to feel like I am walking on air and my skin will start to glow. Gosh I hope so!! :lol: Thanks again.

ETA: Yes, onederland is when you hit 199 and lower. I will not have seen that number since 11th grade!!! :shock: Son of Brooklyn Bridge -how scary.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby Triskets » September 1st, 2006, 7:20 am

Good Friday Morning!

Good luck with the long weekend everyone. I already started Sunday morning roll call since we will be out of town. I've gone from 263.5 to 248.
I just love going from one tenth number to the next lower one. 248 seems so much lower than 263.5. I hope to be in onederland by Christmas. That's my goal.

Since I'll be out of town I won't get to chat with my two new friends, cyn and nat until next week. I just love having this daily dialoge with you two.
Let's keep it up ok?

Love ya!!!!!!!
Trish
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets

Postby cyn » September 1st, 2006, 7:29 am

Almost one week down and still shaking like crazy!!! I hope the remained of the journey goes this well. Glowing skin and walking on air seems really wonderful! Cant wait for that!! Onederland-yes that wonderful place that so many take for granted--my dream vacation is onderland!! One way ticket please!!! Have a wonderful friday everyone!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » September 1st, 2006, 7:58 am

Buenos Dias!!!

Trish congratulations on hitting 248!!! That is awesome!! Wohoo!!!
Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend.

Cyn, you have a great weekend too!!!

Trish, see you Tuesday. Cyn, see you sunday at roll call! :lol:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » September 1st, 2006, 3:36 pm

What a day!!! TGIF!! I am still on track but I tell ya for some reason today I am very short on patience and understanding! lol! Actually it hasnt been a bad day just a few minor problems like spilling my water on myself on my way out the door, and the toilet running over because my grt. neice uses an entire roll of paper if you dont watch her, the phone ringing off the wall when I am trying to get my work done, and you name it-today is the day! Oh well, that is life! Bring on the long weekend I am so ready!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » September 2nd, 2006, 6:53 am

oh yeah one of THOSE days, cyn. Hang in there. You are doing great! I can't believe we finished one week. DH just weighed me - same time as last saturday and I am 257.4 - I am so shocked! AF came last night and am feeling like yukky. I am going to make a separate post about finishing week one -I need attention!! :lol: :mrgreen:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby lauradr » September 2nd, 2006, 9:53 am

VictoriousNat,I Travel with job a lot and I some times Alernate day from the 5-1-- full fast because it's just easy to do on the road-- and it has not slowed me down .
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby cyn » September 2nd, 2006, 10:43 am

Today is much better than yesterday. The weather is nice and cool--almost chilly when you are used to the 100's! Makes me think of fall which is one of my favorite times of year. The beautiful leaves and crispness in the air. Also puts me in the mood for soups. Even thought I like the shake thing I am definately gonna give the soups a shot. I am also gonna be cooking a big pot of veggie filled soup when it gets cooler. I love veggie soup. I used to make the cabbage diet soup alot, I didnt follow the diet but I did like the soup. Of course I put my own spin on it. I may have to check out the recipe secton for a good MF soup idea.
I cant believe a week has gone by!! I was going to weigh in but I am going to wait until tomorrow for the roll call thread. I am anxious, scared and hopeful all at once! I dont want to be ruled by the scale so I am trying not to anticipate anything and just be optomistic and remember that I have done very well and it is what it is. I know I am doing something wonderful for myself and my health and that is the most important thing of all.
Nat~I posted to you on your thread but I have to tell you once again that I think you are doing an amazing job and I am proud of you!
Well, I have said how nice it is outside so I think I will get out and take a little walk and enjoy it! Have a great day everyone!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room