8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby kendra_m » September 9th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Hi m'dears,

I love reading what we all have to say cuz it's like things that you guys write could be coming out of my mouth!

Elizabeth, hang in there darlin, please don't beat yourself up too badly. Just try to get back on plan and know that you'll feel better when you do. Just try to move on from the deviation without feeling like you've failed. Cuz you haven't failed... You're still here, You're still seeking out the support you need, You haven't totally gone nuts... and thats a huge difference!!

Cyn and Nat,
Glad to hear things have settled down a bit for you both, stress-wise. Such a huge part of this for me (and probably all of us) is figuring out how to make healthy living/eating a part of our everyday lives. It's a humongous task that won't happen overnight, but I know that we can do it!!

Hugs to all of you!!!!!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 9th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Hi gals,

Another week drawn to an end. I am trying to keep busy - DH is working tonight so I am all by myself. Not really wanting to talk to anyone - I am sure it will involve a skinny friend offering to grab a quick bite or drink somewhere. :lol:

I am not looking forward to weighing tomorrow. I have felt so full and TOM won't leave. She has been here 5 days with 2 days spotting. To DH it seems like a month. :shock:

Elizabeth,

Please do not feel bad. I think we can all empathize and we can all, as Cyn did, recount a time when we fell and just refused to get back up and we regret it. You are not a hypocrite....just a human being. So come on, saddle up and get back on track. This board is a microcosm of the world = people who struggle a bit, people who struggle a lot, people who don't struggle, etc etc. So you have to fight for you without comparing yourself to anyone else. Your body is....your body and it won't work like mine and mine won't work like Cyn's.

You have done well in coming back and saying what happened instead of lying about it. I felt great telling everyone I stole roasted peanuts from our chief counsel. :-P Even though I took a sip or two of DHs ginger ale , I know that no matter what slip I make, it will NEVER amount to the reckless eating I used to engage in. This program is amazing because I can see myself learning how to be satisfied with a reasonable portion and the not eating every 20 seconds is amazing. So even if tomorrow I only register 1 lb loss, it will be okay, because I made to week three.

So ....(((((GROUP HUG)))))) - hee hee
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cyn » September 10th, 2006, 11:06 am

A big huge group hug to all of you who post on this thread! :hug: This has been a rollercoaster week for us huh? I feel like my emotions and thoughts have been all over the place. I was dreading weigh in today because honestly even though I stuck to the plan(except for not having enough shakes :cry: ) my body wasnt feeling any loss. In fact I ws worried about gaining. Thankfully I didnt and I am down 5lbs. But I do need to make a goal to et all my shakes in. I know how important it is and I need to stop making excuses for why I dont.
Good luck with your weigh ins everyone. Just stay positive and remember that the scale is not a true representitive of your efforts and it doesnt measure you as a person. A loss is great of course but if there isnt one we can only keep trying our best and striving to claim the healthy bodies we deserve. :D
start 8/26/06

cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 10th, 2006, 12:34 pm

WOHOO!!! Cyn! 18lbs that is awesome. Next week you will be in the 20lb club!!!! :yes:

I missed three meals this week too. I have to stop that as well.

DH asked me if I was cooking dinner for him. I said no. Last week I cooked at great risk to myself and he barely touched it. :x I had to throw it out. This man has lived on left overs his whole life and suddenly since I have started MF he does not want leftovers. I said well, this is NY, restaurants on every corner. I am guessing he went and got Cuban.
I feel bad but if I am going to cook, then he has to eat it. :D Right, girls? Right! :lol: Besides on day one he told me NOT to cook! He is an excellent cook, so he knows how to whip up some nice meals for himself. Soooooooooo............
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » September 11th, 2006, 7:01 am

Nat~I know exactly what you mean about cooking for the family. Somedays I am just not in the mood and cannot face the smell or sight of forbidden food. I just tell them its fend for yourself night. I have also called out for pizza and then took a nice walk while they indulge so I dont have to deal with the temptation. Most of the time I just try to cook something that is L&G friendly and then if I do decided to eat it is OK for me. Besides it wouldnt hurt my family to change their eating habits too.
I have a doctors appointment today and I normally hate going and I despise stepping on the scales but today I actually want to see the scales to see if they are close to what mine read and to see the doctors face when he says my weight is down! Normally, I step on the scales and the nurse slides the bar and then has to move another weight to the 200 and then slides it some more and then some more and it seems to take forever and finally she gets it level and announces my weight to everyone within the entire clinic and everyone stops working and turns and looks at me and the nurse has that shocked look on her face--Ok so it isnt really that bad but it sure feels like it to me :cry: And then listening to the doctor talk to me about all the dangers of being obese. Ugh!! So today I can say save your breath and be proud that I am doing something about it.
Happy Moday gang!! Time to go back to work and start the week. Shake it up and have a great day!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » September 11th, 2006, 8:27 am

cyn wrote:Nat~I know exactly what you mean about cooking for the family. Somedays I am just not in the mood and cannot face the smell or sight of forbidden food. I just tell them its fend for yourself night. I have also called out for pizza and then took a nice walk while they indulge so I dont have to deal with the temptation. Most of the time I just try to cook something that is L&G friendly and then if I do decided to eat it is OK for me. Besides it wouldnt hurt my family to change their eating habits too.
I have a doctors appointment today and I normally hate going and I despise stepping on the scales but today I actually want to see the scales to see if they are close to what mine read and to see the doctors face when he says my weight is down! Normally, I step on the scales and the nurse slides the bar and then has to move another weight to the 200 and then slides it some more and then some more and it seems to take forever and finally she gets it level and announces my weight to everyone within the entire clinic and everyone stops working and turns and looks at me and the nurse has that shocked look on her face--Ok so it isnt really that bad but it sure feels like it to me :cry: And then listening to the doctor talk to me about all the dangers of being obese. Ugh!! So today I can say save your breath and be proud that I am doing something about it.
Happy Moday gang!! Time to go back to work and start the week. Shake it up and have a great day!!

Ahhhh! I know that well! My obgyn always moves that bar all around and then go, "but you don't LOOK that heavy!" :lol:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tlo » September 11th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Hello All,

I know that I am a little late comming to the benjamin club, seeing most of you have been on program for 2-3 weeks now, but I would love to joint this discussion group here:) I been following you guys, and have been very inspirational.
I am technically not new here, I started Medifast back on July 10th, and cheated terribly and only lost all of 5 pounds, which I have since gained back :x
But now I have re-dedicated myself to the program, so I definatly feel like I am starting for the first time anew. I like the idea of the "newbies" getting together for support, becasue I technically never really got a chance to really post enought to get to know the other veteran onliners. Even though everyone is great here, and I love this forum, I sometimes felt lost. So I think this would be the perfect place for me to start over, and we can all support each other.
I don't have 100 pounds to loose, but more like about 50 so I guess I will be in the Grant Club.
I weighed myself this morning and I was at 193 so I have 53 pounds till goal, and it starts today!!!! I have done very well today, no cheats, no cravings, no headache, and I feel good, so I am happy about that.
So I would love to join you guys if its alright with you all.
Have a great rest of your day everyone!

~Tlo
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby VictoriousNat » September 11th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Welcome back TLo! Of course you can hang out in here with us. We all need all the support we can get. I am one of those people who is not yet sharing the journey with many people - just two. So its a secret from everyone else. So I come here for my boost and support!

I think its grat that you are re-commiting yourself to this goal. You can do it and you will make it to goal! ;)
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tlo » September 11th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welome Nat! With all my other attempts at dieting, I never realized how important support was to success, and its funny becasue most likeley you are keepint the fact that you are on a diet a secret, which makes it hard to get support from anyone, cause no one knows..
But here you get the support and others that are trying to do what you are doing, using the same products that you are using!! How cool is that??

I haven't told anyone what I am doing either. My boyfriend is over my house all the time, and I am always trying to find places to hide my box of food :lol:
Only one close friend at work knows what I am doing and I think thats best because I don't need them to trying to disourage me from my goal.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Elizabeth » September 12th, 2006, 3:41 am

Hi there Tlo (welcome Tlo), Nat, Cyn and anyone who joins us today. I'm back on plan. Today is day 2. I'm down 4 of those 8 lbs I've gained and I have adjusted my ticker. I looked back at my posts from last week and I was discouraged because the scale wasn't moving and I was really working hard at being perfect on the plan. I think this discouragement lead me to making the decision to going off plan. I vow to you that I am not weighing until Sunday morning roll call. I know my crazy cycle should be starting soon but who knows when? This is probably the cause of cravings, no weight loss, etc. I just need to push through this and not weigh! Right? And stick to my plan. It sure is nice to have this daily thread to check in....even though I avoided it yesterday. Thanks to Nat especially for your kind words yesterday I was feeling like junk.
Have a great day everyone. I'm having my husband to put away the scale now. :heart:
Elizabeth

Postby cyn » September 12th, 2006, 6:32 am

Elizabeth and tlo~Welcome back!!! I know it is so frustrating to not get the results you hope for and how easy it is to fall off the wagon. I have done that all my life. You just need to regain your focus and realize that if you stick to it you will succeed. I am with you on the scales. I put mine into the closet and they arent coming out until Sunday. I get crazy and want to weigh every time I go to the bathroom and see them. I find myself being rather obsessed about this entire weight loss thing. I guess maybe I have to be that way to keep myself on track. Somedays I think about it all day long-am I losing? how much have I lost? how long will it take me to my goal? should I buy new clothes or wait til I am smaller? just tons of questions pop in and out of my head through out the day. Like yesterday I saw a new OBGYN and she was doing her exam and she was telling me how wonderful the scar is from my c-section so my first thought goes to a tummy tuck and so I asked her if they could use the same area. Talk about jumping the gun huh! Good news is she said they actuall problably could. Yup it is on my mind alot!
Nat, Keandra, and the gang~I hope you all have a wonderful day!! I got my new videos so I am off to Walk Away the Pounds :byebye:
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » September 12th, 2006, 7:03 am

cyn wrote:!! I got my new videos so I am off to Walk Away the Pounds :byebye:

I love Leslie Sansone!!! :heart: :cleader:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby Emmasmom » September 12th, 2006, 3:18 pm

cyn, are the Walk Away the Pounds videos good...saw those in the store and thought i might give it a try. Of course, I do have a treadmill in my bedroom...maybe I should just get off my bum and walk away the pounds on the treadmill...HUM!
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 12th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Emmasmom wrote:cyn, are the Walk Away the Pounds videos good...saw those in the store and thought i might give it a try. Of course, I do have a treadmill in my bedroom...maybe I should just get off my bum and walk away the pounds on the treadmill...HUM!

Hi Emmasmom,

I think the videos are a lot more fun than the treadmill. I have a lot of her DVDs. She has a really enthusiastic supportive personality and you will feel like you have work out buddies. I would recommend the 1mile DVD/video to start. Before you know it you have walked a mile and you can work up to the 4mile DVD.

PS Good to see you come aboard.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby Emmasmom » September 13th, 2006, 8:29 am

thanks!!! I'm gonna go this weekend and find it! I'm gonna start exercising sooner than they say, because the scale hasn't moved since Saturday...Don't know why, I drink a gallon of water a day and have not cheated once. My husband is gonna hide the scale tonight so I won't get on it tomorrow! If the scale doesn't move by Sat. I think my head might explode! So, hopefully the exercising will help! :roll:
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room