8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby VictoriousNat » September 13th, 2006, 8:41 am

Emmasmom wrote:thanks!!! I'm gonna go this weekend and find it! I'm gonna start exercising sooner than they say, because the scale hasn't moved since Saturday...Don't know why, I drink a gallon of water a day and have not cheated once. My husband is gonna hide the scale tonight so I won't get on it tomorrow! If the scale doesn't move by Sat. I think my head might explode! So, hopefully the exercising will help! :roll:

I feel your pain. My scale is NOT moving either. My husband says he is definitely taking the scale away. It does mess with your mind. But I just read a post where Robin was talking about losing inches and my cousin who did the UK version of medifast keeps reminding me that I should bear that in mind. Already my favorite skirt is becoming a hip rider the waist is so loose even though the scale shows a loss of only 13 pounds. So take your measurements and hang in there.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Emmasmom » September 13th, 2006, 8:51 am

you know the one thing I forgot to do was to take measurements...don't know why I didn't do that. Everyone keeps saying that they've lost 10 lbs the first week, and I only lost 6, so its a little aggravating to see everyone having these high losses. Hopefully it will go down. I will definitely measure tonight! It's just frustrating! But I'm hanging in there! I won't give up!

thanks for the support!
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 13th, 2006, 9:11 am

Emmasmom wrote:you know the one thing I forgot to do was to take measurements...don't know why I didn't do that. Everyone keeps saying that they've lost 10 lbs the first week, and I only lost 6, so its a little aggravating to see everyone having these high losses. Hopefully it will go down. I will definitely measure tonight! It's just frustrating! But I'm hanging in there! I won't give up!

thanks for the support!

I would do the measurements. It's a good way to track progress. I have lost 1 inch off my waist and 3 off my abdomen and 1 off my hips. Nothing from arms or thighs or neck and thank God - nothing from the boo-bins yet. :lol:
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Where is everyone?

Postby Elizabeth » September 14th, 2006, 8:31 am

Cyn, Nat, KendraM, Kendra (Emmasmom), tlo....
where is everyone lately?
I'm hanging in here....looking for my buddies. Yesterday was really difficult. I ended up eating some lunchmeat. Not a good choice but I'm really hanging on by a thread. My t.o.m. is due anytime and I can feel it. It stinks when it is not regular because I've been feeling this way for a week. Today I really feel it coming though.
Hope everyone is having a great day. Please check in even if you're not. :heart:
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Emmasmom » September 14th, 2006, 8:48 am

I feel with ya with the lunchmeat. I'm a stay-at-home mom, and I have to fix Emma's breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast isn't so bad, but by lunchtime, the ham, cheese, and goldfish are calling my name. Oh, it looks so good, but I haven't given in yet. Don't worry about slipping, just get back on it and make a resolution to take it one day at a time. I'm home everyday, so if you need to talk or vent I'm here. You aren't the only one going through this, just remember that. We're all in the same boat! So don't give up and think of the progress that you've made so far.

As far as the T.O.M, I have mine coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'll be going through the same thing! :shock: Thank goodness I'm on the birth control pills where I only have the T.O.M once every 3 months...it's been a lifesaver!!!! :lol:
Emmasmom

Postby cyn » September 14th, 2006, 9:12 am

Hey everyone! Sorry I havent been posting much! There has been alot of stuff going on in my family and I havent been online much at all. I am still hanging in there though.
I didnt take my measurements either :( I dont even wanna know what they are! I only am concerned with what they are going to be!! Seriously though I have heard alot of people have comfort in the change in their measurement when the scales werent moving.
Dont feel bad about the lunchmeat beause I am guilty as well. I was at the hospital seeing my neice and hadnt eaten for awhile and my sister brought in some food so I ate a piece of turkey lunchmeat and lettuce. That was one of those days that stuff was happening so fast there was no time to plan for anything. I have had several of those days lately and I am hoping things get back to normal soon! With all the running around and phone calls and things I have been doing I am finding it very difficult to stay on track :cry:
And then there is TOM, well, maybe its TOM-I dont really know but since my gyno appt I have been feeling yucky. I am sure looking forward to feeling like my old self again.
Sorry Elizabeth, Nat, Kendra, Emmasmom, and everyone~I didnt mean to abandon everyone!! I cant say I am doing well but I do still have faith and I am gonna jump back into the game ASAP! Thanks for continuing to post and being so supportive! You guys ae wonderful!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby VictoriousNat » September 14th, 2006, 9:18 am

Hi Everyone,

I have been around, but really tired from work and house guests. I am doing ok but not great! Before I started MF I had this obsession with crumbly mints (so you know its not about hunger just greed). Anyway, I have been really cranky fighting that particular urge. Then I realized now how much I like the oatmeal and how its super convenient, but I already traded away 1 box. :cry: :oops:

As for Tom, I need some pills from EMMASMOM. :roflmao: I have to go to the doc this weekend because Tom won't leave. Its just spots and spots for the past 6 days, but that's still bleeding. I am really worried. Needless to say my husband is very cranky as a result.

Anywho dont wanna bring us down. I am just taking this thing one day at a time until I get the full hang of it. Tomorrow I have to go on out of state with my house guests. Not looking forward to it because the relative we are visiting bakes all day long - fresh bread fresh pumpkin muffins. Sigh. I will be back on monday. But taking my laptop with me.

Hang in there everyone....one day at a time.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tlo » September 14th, 2006, 10:52 am

Hi there everyone!!! I am so sorry I haven't posted in a while, and not being there for you all, but I had a good excuse. Yesterday I was totally out of it. I had a very nast bout with the d-monster!! I mean I know that the first three days you go through a detoxification while your body gets the surgar out and used to the food, but this didn't happen to me before. I was so sick I didn't even go to work yesterday. I was up from 1:00am to 6:00am back and forth to the bathroom, it was horrible. I didn't even get to sleep until it would normally be time for me to get up and leave for work at 6:30. I did eat like 2 crackers to settle my stomach, and a diet ginerale but I still ate 4 of my supplements out of 5 plus my L&G. So I felt good about that.

I think I was being punished because Tuesday night I ate 2 spicy beef jerky sticks, thinking that since it was a meat, that it would be alright, well I guess that was my punishment, because I tell you guys, I will NEVER, EVER, eat that again. I guess the combination of me still being in my first 3 days, and that spicy beef jerky did me in!! I can't remeber ever feeling so crummy. So you guys shouldn't feel bad about a couple pieces of lunch meat, we all have our weak moments, mine just so happened to cost me a whole days pay:)
But the good news is that since Monday, I have lost 5 pounds!!!! I got on the scale this morning and it said 188.5 and monday it was 193.8. So I guess since I was sick, I got rid of A LOT of excess, waste and water. But I will take it, however I get it;)

I am feeling 98 percent better today, and boy am I ever happy. Back at work and feeling much stronger.
I am sorry that some of my buddies, are having a hard time, but just know that it will pass, just stay strong, stay focused on your goal, how hot and sexy you will be once you are slim and trim with your two piece bathing suit walking down the beach, and wearing all thoese cute clothes that you always walk past now because you don't think they will look good on you, or you can't fit into. (OKAY maybe thats my fantasy, but you get my drift :lol: )

Hopefully today will be a better day for everyone!!! Talk with you guys later.
~Tlo
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby cyn » September 14th, 2006, 2:24 pm

Tlo~sorry the beef jerky made you sick. Glad you are feeling better and congrats on the weightloss. Love your beach fantasy!! Sounds like a plan!!
Nat~sorry you are having a rough time. I have bben too. I understand about the doc thing. I go in for tests on Thursday :cry: Hopefully everything will turn out well and all this worrying I am doing will be for nothing! Anyhow, good luck to you and I hope things go OK.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby tlo » September 15th, 2006, 7:56 am

Good morning everyone, just wanted to be the first to say Good Morning, and Happy Friday to all. Hope everyone is doing well and sticking to plan.
I know I shouldn't be weighing myself everyday, but I just can't help it especially this first week, but as of this morning I am down another pound, for a total of 6 pounds in 5 days!!! That is so awsome. That really keeps me motivated to keep going on this plan. I love MF!!!!

I know after the first week things can get repeditive, and the loss slows a bit, but I just have to keep going and take things one day at a time.
I did get a little motivation for the day this morning when I was getting dressed about to come to work, Beyonce was on Tyra Banks, and she looks FANTABULOUS!!!!! I love her, she is so very beautiful to me, and a killer body, matter of fact she has my ideal body, seeing as how we are built very similar, small on top, but hippy at the bottom (I just have so much more that she does on the bottom.) So all I needed was one glimpse of her to keep me motivated all day. Thanks Beyonce ;)
Or should I say, thank Galansay, as my little 3 year old nephew calls her, you know kids can't pronounce thing correctly :lol:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby cyn » September 15th, 2006, 8:22 am

Yes TGIF everyone!!! Another week has come and gone and we are still here plugging along!! Even with the slips and tuff times we are still moving forward!! Congrats to all of us!! :cheers: It isnt easy but it sure is worth it!
Tlo congrats on losing another pound. I wont be weighing until Sunday roll call. I dont think I will see a big loss but any loss at all will make me happy! I am hoping next week I can really do better and start getting in some exercise. Thursday I am not allowed to eat or drink anything past midnight Wed. for some tests-and my doctors appt. isnt til 3PM!! I will be dying by then!! I wish I could have gotten an earlier appointment but you know how it is when you are dealing with appts. :x Hopefully that will be the only day I dont stick to the plan. It is a beautiful day here even though the wind is blowing pretty hard so I am thinking about taking a walk. I dont think the wind will blow me away just yet, but maybe next year!! :-P Have a great day everyone.
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby kendra_m » September 15th, 2006, 8:49 am

Hi everyone! This week has indeed had its challenges for all of us, seems like. I'm going to count this week as my 3rd week slump, even tho it's only my second week! Mentally, it will be over and hopefully next week will be better!
Tonight I'm taking my son and his friend to a high school football game, so I'll have to plan ahead. Last week I didn't plan so well and even tho I stayed compliant, I ended up really hungry and feeling yuk. I get a little paranoid sometimes about drinking tons of water if I'm out someplace that I'm not sure about the bathroom facilities, so I know not enough water was part of my problem. Tonight I'm just gonna have to buck up about the bathroom situation and drink plenty!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 15th, 2006, 9:07 am

Hi Ladies!

It's dark, raining and dreary in NYC. I feel so yukky today. Still having TOM issues. I have a doc's appt at 4pm and I can't eat either! LOL I had a bar at 8:30 (they said that was ok). Sucks!

I am curious to see what I weigh on doc's scale.

Anyway, I am happy to be plugging along. Last night was hard - more family is visiting from London and went out to dinner straight from the airport - Indo Caribbean. Everything was fried and/or in sauce. There was literally nothing for me to eat. My aunt gave me a piece of fish with rice and beans. I took one bite and it tasted awful. So I pushed the rest away. Everyone said I was nuts because teh fish was awesome. :shock: Then my sis gave me a slice of cheese with bread that is baked in butter!!! Hellooooo!!! Anyway one nibble of that and it tasted like crap!! I was sooo happy!! :lol: I am like I am not missing anything. I told them everything tasted horrible to me and I would get my hot cocoa when I got home. And I did. I had about 7 garbanzo beans though. :oops:

Anyway, Grateful for today and for life. Even though I am down only 13 at last weigh in - I want to see what doc says my BP is. That would be a great NSV if she says it has gone down.
Be well everyone and have a great day!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby Emmasmom » September 15th, 2006, 11:40 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in. I also have been having a hard time with the cravings for the last couple of days but I haven't given in! Last night my hubbie had to work late and boy was I craving anything. I wasn't really hungry but just wanted to eat. I guess I was bored. :roll: Anyway, I haven't been on the scale since Wed. My DH took it away and hide it! Bless his heart! So, I just pray that scale goes down when I weigh on Sunday. :| I will be one depressed person! Hope everyone has a good day!
Emmasmom

Postby VictoriousNat » September 15th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Guys! Would you believe after starving me all day, the doc cancelled on me!!! :x So I just made some broc soup and will leave the office in a bit.

Emmasmom! Good for you for resisting. It is hard. MF has made me realize how much I put in my mouth just because I am "depraved." I am not hungry, I just want it. When I say depraved I speak for myself. :lol:

Anyway, my ladies, have a wonderful weekend!!!

I am off to Maryland and will weigh in when I get back Sun nite or monday morning. Be good y'all! :D
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room