8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby VictoriousNat » September 25th, 2006, 2:57 am

Good morning ladies,

It's 5:45 am and I am now going to bed. I need your prayers for my hubby; My husband was in a head on collision around midnight sunday night. Everybody (he and his coworker and the other driver and his girlfriend) is fine so far, but our new car is smashed to bits. Its 5:45 and we just got back from the emergency room and I put him to bed. Naturally he is not going to work tomorrow so I need to stay close by him; Lord, all he needs is a bell to make me run up and down the stairs; he's really scared and clingy and I can't say I blame him. I think he wants his mommy. :-)

Anyway, I am so grateful that he is alive and no one died. Easily could have been fatalities. So I am giving God thanks for sparing everyone's life.

I am not sure I will be checking in for a few days. But I will if I can. I am gonna fight to stay on plan. TTYS.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 25th, 2006, 4:28 am

Nat, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. Thank God your husband and your friends are ok. I'm sure he will be shaken for awhile. Take care of yourselves and do your best with the plan. :hug:
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kendra_m » September 25th, 2006, 4:42 am

Nat,

Am so so sorry to hear about your husband's accident. Thank God he is alright. Sounds like it could have been much worse.
Both of you take good care :heart:

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alpha femme » September 25th, 2006, 4:57 am

glad everyone's alright...
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby JeepGirl » September 25th, 2006, 8:16 am

Nat, He will be in my prayers. I am Thankful no one was seriously hurt or worse.
Take good care of him as well as yourself!
JeepGirl

Postby VictoriousNat » September 25th, 2006, 8:56 am

Thanks, ladies! Just checkingin - boss lady let me work from home so I can stay with hubby.

I do believe in the power of prayer, so I appreciate any words or thoughts you "hurl heavenward." :) Right now he is asleep. I feel mighty calm. I just finished my banana shake and I do not have the fidgets (as my neice calls it - when you are nervous and wanna nibble). In the hospital, I did eat some mms, after I finished a bar and soy crisps - it was all I could grab when I got the call - and I had nothing left and I was hungry. But by 4am I was so nervous and hungry again I ate a slice of cheddar cheese. I figured that would be better than going back near that vending machine. I had taken a bottle of water and a bottle of crystal light that I had made sunday morning. So I was hydrated. LOL

I am gving it my best. DH hugged me so hard at the hospital and said "please dont allow this to make you discouraged and go off your thing that you're doing. I want you to keep up the good work." Sigh - well geez when you put it like that.......:cry:

So I think this is a learning opportunity for me - how to hold on and not use the stress as an excuse to go down that slippery slope. In the past it would be over. I would have already ordered cuban food and asked my mom to make indian curry and roti/nan! Bah ha ha

PS I hit the 240s when I stepped on the scale...I think sirens cops and ambulances puts you into ketosis too. :lol: :shock: :D I peed about 8 times since I got the call and while I was waiting for the taxi. :shock: I was nervous.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby VictoriousNat » September 25th, 2006, 8:59 am

Oh gals,

Check out the trading/selling workout tapes DVD thread I started in Gymnasium.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby tlo » September 25th, 2006, 11:12 am

Nat I am so sorry to hear about you DH car accident. But I am glad the he is alright. I sent up prayers for you guys. But yes stay strong with your plan because this will pass and he will for sure be alright... :D
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby cyn » September 25th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Nat~OMG!! I am so sorry about the accident. How scary! Makes you realize how precious life is. Just take care of that man of your and give us a quick update when you can. Take care girl! :hug:
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby Sojourner » September 25th, 2006, 9:16 pm

cyn wrote:Makes you realize how precious life is.

Truly.
Sending good vibes and positive energy your way, girl!
((((((((((((((((((((((((:hug:))))))))))))))))))))))))))
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby tlo » September 26th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Hello all,

Today is another one of "those" days. I feel all bloated and gross, I guess my TOM is quickly approching but I feel like crap. My back is hurting and I am having those dreaded pre-cramp, cramps. So I am not feeling well at all. I have another week to go before its to arrive, but I feel yucky today. I have been staying on plan, but the scale is not moving :cry: But I am not giving up. I had a questionable L&G today. I had meatloaf and cabbage. Now I know the cabbage was fine, but I'm not so sure about the meat loaf. I didn't make it and it didn't have any ketsup on top, but not sure what all was in it other than green peppers and onions. Either way I hope it doesn't mess me up too bad.
Good thing is I am almost done with my 64oz of water for the day so thats good. Oh well just wanted to get that off my chest, thanks for listening.

~Tlo
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby VictoriousNat » September 26th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Hey ladies!!

Hope everyone had a good day or one that will be better than tomorrow. :D My hubby went to work today. I don't know why. He is so paranoid about his job (he has only been on the job since April and feels he is low man on the totem pole). Poor Baby. Other than that we are taking it one day at a time.

Have a great Wednesday.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby cyn » September 27th, 2006, 1:27 pm

tlo~Hang in there. If you stick to the plan that scale will move!! Sometimes that thing can really mess with your head.
Nat~Glad to hear hubby feels up to working. Hope he doesnt overdo. I know you are worried but I am sure it will be ok.
I dont now what is going on with me lately but for some reason I havent been online as often. I really need to check in more!! Seems like I always am on the go--which is a good thing cause if I keep busy I dont think about eating.
Well, have a wonderful HUMP day everyone!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Postby Emmasmom » September 28th, 2006, 8:29 am

Hey guys, Just wanted to share a NSV! I went to the doctor yesterday for a check-up and my blood pressure was 106/55! It was really low, and my doc cut back my BP medicine! When he came in the room he had a smile on his face and said that the he was proud that my weight was going down, and actually hugged me. We both were excited about the drop in BP but I'm glad that I was able to cut back on the medication! He wants me to come back in 4-6 weeks for another BP check and hopefully by then I will be off of it completely! Just wanted to share my good news! :-P

Nat, I hope that they DH is doing better, I've been praying for you guys!

Hope you guys have a great day!
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby cyn » September 29th, 2006, 6:17 am

I cant decided if it is a cold or allergies but I am yucky today. Not bad but just enuff to be annoyed by it. Ugh!! Oh well, TGIF!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room