8/26 starters Welcome to Club Benjamin!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby cyn » September 30th, 2006, 7:21 am

Emmasmom~congrats on te nsv that is wonderful!!
It is so quiet here! Everyone must be out enjoying the weekend. I hope so! I am struggling a bit this weekend :cry: alot of things are going on and I am trying to not let stress make me wanna eat but it is hard. It is a beautiful day so I am gonna take a nice walk and try to relax and get my mind off life. I could use the fresh air. I will check in later.
start 8/26/06

cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Elizabeth » October 1st, 2006, 5:39 am

Hi there Medifriends!! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry I haven't checked in so much lately. It does seem quiet here. I just started the roll call and reported my loss for the week.

Cyn, hope you are feeling well and not getting sick. I've had a scratchy throat and headachy too. I think its just the time of the year because I'm not getting worse. Thanks for checking in.

Emmasmom, congrats on your NSV! This is a big deal. High blood pressure is a dangerous thing. I'm so happy for you. Please keep us updated with this.

Nat, hope you are well and hubby is doing well also. Miss seeing you!

Tlo, the scale can be very discouraging around TOM time. I only bring mine out on Sunday mornings. I feel much less obsessed with it this way. Hang in there and please check in.

Have a great week everyone.
Elizabeth

Postby kendra_m » October 1st, 2006, 6:31 am

Hi Everyone! Seems like we've all had a hectic week and challenges of all different sorts. The good news is... we're all still here and still plugging away! We're not using food as a way to deal with life stress and that's wonderful progress!

My week has been mixed... the first few days were good & the plan was feeling doable. Then pms and tom hit... ugh. Seems like the older I get, the harder they hit and that is just SO not right. Anyway, the last two days of MF have been difficult. I feel really bloated and ick today, but the scale stayed the same, so am going to consider that a success, cuz I would have gained pre-MF.

Hope everyone has a great week!

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Emmasmom » October 4th, 2006, 8:58 am

Hey Benji girls! Where are you guys? I miss seeing you! Things have been pretty busy around here this week. Still trucking along with MF, as I have now lost 15 lbs, in my first month! Yeehaw! So, anyway, just wondering where you guys are. Hope everyone has a good Hump Day!

KendraM
Emmasmom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » October 4th, 2006, 10:16 am

Hey everyone!

I am doing well! My hubby is sick - he has bronchitis. Plus we are dealing with the insurance and the bank over our crashed car. It's kind of sad and depressing. As for MF I am doing okay. Had a few bad days since Hubby's accident so scale did not move until today. Looking forward to Sunday.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Emmasmom » October 6th, 2006, 9:03 am

Nat, so sorry to hear that your hubby is sick! My dad has chronic bronchitis and its very hard them to recover. Of course my dad is in his 50's so it takes him a while to get over. Hope he feels better soon.

I have a family reunion next weekend and my family is coming to stay the week with us and I'm a little nervous. I know I'm going to have to cook for them and I've only been on MF for 1 month, and don't feel that I'm that strong to resist the temptation. But I'm going to try my hardest and just take it one day at a time. I know they would never make me feel bad for being on MF but yet I don't want them to be self conscious for something they eat. They sure do like cake and coffee in the afternoon! We're from Louisiana so chicory coffee in the afternoon with something sweet is normal for them. Oh well. I'll just take it one day at a time!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
KendraM
Emmasmom

Postby Emmasmom » October 11th, 2006, 7:53 am

Hello!!!! Anyone out there? I haven't heard from you guys in a week! What's going on? I know everyone is busy as am I. My whole family is in this week for a family reunion, and its been crazy around here. All I've done is cook, and clean. I have more family coming in tomorrow night late and they will be here until Sunday. I'm happy to report that I've lost 2 lbs so far this week, after hitting a plateau last week. Even with all the cooking that I'm doing, I've stayed compliant with MF. I don't want to get off MF and hope that I stay 100% until they leave. I plan on taking my MF meals with me for the reunion. So, I will report back and let you know how I do.

So, you guys better let me know how you are! I haven't heard from ya'll in a week!!!! Bad Benji girls!!!! LOL

Hope everyone has a great week!

KendraM
Emmasmom

Postby VictoriousNat » October 11th, 2006, 8:54 am

Hey Kendra!! :wave: I am here; just wicked tired and stressed. I have doing ok - with some small blips across my Medifast screen. I hope to join 20lb club this week. My clothes are all loose and getting on nerves. I nearly flashed a busload of people cause my silk skirt started sliding down across my butt as I was getting out of my seat. Totally embarrassing. :lol: But there are worse problems.

Kendra you sound fantastically on track. Cograts for keeping your focus during the family stress and I know you will do well at your reunion. One thing I noticed wih the blibs is that I swell...so that keeps me honest. :-P
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
VictoriousNat

Postby Elizabeth » October 11th, 2006, 9:15 am

Hi Emmasmom and Nat! Nice to see someone post here ;)
I wonder how Cyn is doing?
Congrats on staying compliant Kendra. Nat, I've had some slips myself but I'm still plugging along. Whoohoo on your skirt slipping down!
I plan to weigh on the roll call sunday.
Have a great rest of your week girls.
Elizabeth

Postby Sojourner » October 11th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Emmasmom wrote:...and hope that I stay 100%...

Kendra, yay for being compliant--you're doing really well! Might I suggest a mindset change from "I hope" to "I will!" -- ? Hoping to be, or we'll see how it goes... those statements give up your power...like it's something that happens to you rather than something over which you have full control. I know it sounds like semantics, but it really affects how you think--which, in turn, governs your behavior, etc. I learned this trick when I first started college 24 years after high school. I conquered math by telling myself everyday that I was gonna' love it and do well -- and I did (A+ babee)! By not making it a scary, aversive thing, I actually enjoyed it! I know...everyone thought I was a freak 'cuz I did extra homework and stuff. But even my instructor used the same technique...instead of tests or exams, we had "Celebrations of Learning," LOL. Anyway, give it a try, you might be surprised at the difference it can make.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby VictoriousNat » October 11th, 2006, 5:15 pm

Wonderful advice, Sojo! I agree with you.
Nat
Start 8/24/06
VictoriousNat

Postby Elizabeth » October 11th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Sojourner wrote:
Emmasmom wrote:...and hope that I stay 100%...

Kendra, yay for being compliant--you're doing really well! Might I suggest a mindset change from "I hope" to "I will!" -- ? Hoping to be, or we'll see how it goes... those statements give up your power...like it's something that happens to you rather than something over which you have full control. I know it sounds like semantics, but it really affects how you think--which, in turn, governs your behavior, etc. I learned this trick when I first started college 24 years after high school. I conquered math by telling myself everyday that I was gonna' love it and do well -- and I did (A+ babee)! By not making it a scary, aversive thing, I actually enjoyed it! I know...everyone thought I was a freak 'cuz I did extra homework and stuff. But even my instructor used the same technique...instead of tests or exams, we had "Celebrations of Learning," LOL. Anyway, give it a try, you might be surprised at the difference it can make.

Great post Sojourner! Thanks for sharing that.
Elizabeth

Postby kendra_m » October 11th, 2006, 7:51 pm

Such a wise woman you are, Sojourner! I am going to plant that thought in my head.
I love the moments when I desire something non-plan to eat, but I conquer it. It feels like, for the first time in years, that I have control over what food goes into my mouth, rather than food having control over me!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sojourner » October 11th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Nat, Elizabeth, and Kendra: I'm so glad that what I shared is helpful to y'all. If a person learned every single thing that life has to offer and then didn't share it--well, that would just be wasted knowledge, wouldn't it?

We're all doing this together, my friends!

:goteam:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Emmasmom » October 12th, 2006, 8:20 am

Hi everyone. I appreciate the thoughts and good wishes. I have been 100% compliant this whole week and have lost another pound bringing me to 3 lbs so far this week. I do know that I have to change my thinking or I will not succeed but I've only been on MF for a month, and I've had years of this kind of thinking. So, it will take time for me to change. It won't be overnight, and it will take some time. I know that everyone wants to share their secret and I appreciate it, but its not easy to change your way of thinking when you've been doing this for years. If it was that easy I wouldn't be obese. I feel that I've done great this week with everyone in and me doing most of the cooking for everyone, but I also know that sometimes I feel like I will lose it and just take a bite of cake or cookies. But I've done very well this week, and don't plan on getting off, but if I do, I'm not going to beat myself up over and I'm just going to get back on and learn from my mistakes. Like I said yesterday, I am taking my MF meals with me to the reunion and when everyone eats, I'm going to go for a walk, just so I won't be around the food.
I think right there shows that I'm not going to give in and be 100% compliant. And it shows that I really do want to succeed. Thanks for the advice, I will try hard everyday to think better and put my self in a better frame of mind. I didn't think that I was thinking negative but it helps when someone points out to you that you need to change. Thanks Sojourner! I will keep everyone posted as to how I do!

KendraM
Emmasmom

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room