oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

Postby katieb920 » January 23rd, 2010, 8:17 am

When I was Pregnant with Matthew, I was so sick in the beginning of the pregnancy. Also I was in the Kitchen working 80 hours a week. And I wanted nothing to do with food. Isn't that funny. I only had one craving and that was fried crawfish with cocktail sauce and american cheese on a hard roll. Weird I know. I only had that once a week. I really did not start gaining until the last trimester. But once I gave birth to matthew I lost about 25# with in 3 days. Matthew was 9.5lb and the other weight was water and all the other crap. I gained a total of 40lbs But lost it all with in 3 months. Because I went back in the kitchen, and I just was not interested in food. Haha wish that was the case now.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm

Okay ladies-I have done
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » January 25th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Wha huh? Did you do the half this weekend? How did it go??
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 25th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Wow! My computer just totally freaked out. Anyway....I went and did the half marathon in two hours and twenty-four minutes! I never once stopped to walk (except through the water stations) and I had to use the porta potty at mile 9 and was standing in line for 3 minutes, but I was hopping up and down the entire time. I really couldn't believe that I did it. I also couldn't believe that it felt good. At mile 10 I realized that I could do this and I didn't want to walk. The headphone thing was not an issue at, so I had my playlist. At mile 10 when I was feeling awesome "Party in the USA" came on and I was doing exactly what Miley tells you to do! I imagine I looked like an complete idiot, but I didn't care. However, at about 12.6 I was thinking the finish line was myth, but then I rounded a corner and it was there. So I kicked it up and ran pretty hard across. I was pretty useless for the rest of Sunday and kind of sore today, but not too bad. Unfortunately, we indulged a little too much yesterday so I am not feeling so well today. Tomorrow back on plan for twenty-five pounds gone!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby katieb920 » January 25th, 2010, 5:26 pm

Wow

HOLY wow. Congrats. 13 miles. I dont even think I can walk 13 miles..... LOL.

Your an inspiration
Katie
katieb920

Postby DogMa » January 26th, 2010, 9:33 am

That's fantastic!!! I'm in awe.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Joy » January 26th, 2010, 10:45 am

Remarkable! You should be proud of YOU! :thumbup:
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 26th, 2010, 1:32 pm

Oh, WOW - 13 miles, that rocks!! You must feel soooooooooooo awesome!!! I'd LOVE to be able to run!! I have a treadmill at my house even and I just can't seem to get into the zone. I'm a bit anal (OK, A LOT anal) and often I wonder if I am over thinking the process or how to get from the couch to 13 miles - - or even 3 miles!! I wouldn't even know where to begin on how to train for this!

Congrats!!

SQ :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 26th, 2010, 3:11 pm

I just had to come back and say THANKS for your posts! I found them very inspiring - - so much so that I got my butt off the couch and to the treadmill!

Thanks for inspiring me to move it!

Susie Q :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 26th, 2010, 7:14 pm

Thanks so much for the support and encouragement ladies! I really had an epiphany today about my running. When I started the running/walking there were two other people with me, they stuck it out for like two months and that was it. So beginning in July I was on my own and I have been ever since. Occasionally my selfish husband (I DO love him, but I am aggravated at him at the moment) would work out with me or slow down to go with me, but I can count those times on one hand-really one hand for the last eight months. When we (meaning the group) started this half marathon thing, my husband has had his running coach with him almost every training session of the way and they ran together for the bulk of the half marathon. I ran with her once and him once, the rest of the time, guess what? I WAS BY MYSELF.....there was no one to push me, encourage, or help me. I DID this on MY OWN, and yeah, maybe I could have gone faster, maybe I could have lost some more weight, but I DID it with my own brain and strength. That really didn't dawn on me until today at the dentist's office when were talking about training and he mentioned his running group and I realized I do not have a running group-I AM the group. So, if I want to do this I am on my own. It's not that my husband isn't supportive, but he is more interested in doing better than his coach, not necessarily doing better because he needs to. Oh well, I will just have to let him figure it out. I was being totally compliant today, until I came home was derailed by the leftover pizza from my food orgy after the half. Now all the bad food is gone and I don't have a choice but to eat MF meals and L&G.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » January 26th, 2010, 7:20 pm

What a great accomplishment!! You have so much to be proud of - the mileage, the training, sticking to running by yourself.....so much to smile and be proud of.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Joy » January 26th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Here are two forum links about MF ok Pizza. I haven't tried either, but I also love pizza. If you try either recipes, let me know how you thought they were?

http://www.makemethinner.com/support-forum/medifast-bread-pizza-t12521.html

http://www.makemethinner.com/support-forum/you-won-believe-cauliflower-pizza-crust-t12532.html

regards,
joy :bib:
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 27th, 2010, 5:36 pm

Hola Ms ok,

How are you today? Just checking in. Did you watch last night. I thought Jillian was going to beat the living day lights out of the red team......
Katie
katieb920

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 28th, 2010, 7:14 pm

I am okay today, not as aggravated at the hubby but we are still working things out. We are waiting for his counselor to come back from maternity leave. I didn't get to watch BL, but one of my students told me what happened. It is on my to-do list for the weekend. What on earth did I do before Tivo? I ran last night, 3.1 with a social running group through one of the running stores here in town. It was nice and I think I will do it again. Of course, my husband didn't like it because his coach wasn't there and one guy was doing a six-minute mile and the other one wouldn't shut up. I had a great time, the two people who I ran with had a nice pace and we had nice conversation-something I am not used to doing while running. I had to go to the dentist on Tuesday and again today. I am in PAIN from simple fillings-my mouth is really super sensitive and I HATE HATE :x the dentist, so I don't go until it almost catastrophic and he threatens me with a root canal. Hope everyone is well.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby katieb920 » January 29th, 2010, 5:48 am

Hope you are feeling better today my friend.

Hey quick question, When you started your running slash walking program. Did you notice more of a weight loss, and then did you notice if your weight loss stopped. I am just nervous about starting and losing weight really quick then I hit a long plateau. I would rather just not exercise if you know what I mean. I know that sounds stupid. But I just have questions.

Thanks have a great day.
Katie
katieb920

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal