oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

Postby sidrah » February 27th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Wow, great run time. You did well just like I predicted you would- never a doubt in my mind!! :cleader:

How did the interview go? (Did it even happen, yet?) Never too late to try out a new district and see how that goes. Going in fresh hopefully will re-new your spirit and make you remember why you went into this in the first place. Have a great weekend. I think a storm is heading here tonight, so we are getting some of your rain, too. Be safe out there running all over!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » February 28th, 2010, 5:34 am

Hey, Katie, there's a group here that WALKS half marathons (and also shorter distances/races). I just joined them the other day. Today they're doing one of their shorter walks - one hour - in a park less than 2 miles from my house. My plan is to run to the park, walk with them for an hour, then run home. Anyway, found the group through meetup.com, so if you're interested, you might look for a group in your area. There are other groups that do shorter walks, too.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Joy » February 28th, 2010, 11:38 am

wishing you a dryer week and smiles with it
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » March 1st, 2010, 12:31 am

Hope you have a calm, stress-free week!!

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » March 1st, 2010, 9:12 pm

The job interview went well, I won't know anything until after our Spring Break and then I have another interview with a different district. Hopefully I will get the job I want! I am sort of not on plan at the moment. I am feeling ready to start maintaining, even though I didn't hit my second goal. I am going to be working out four nights a week for two hours at a time, and running on the weekends. I don't think I can maintain my muscle mass and stamina on the plan. Plus, I am ready for "real"food. I am going to keep drinking the shakes though, because I simply cannot find any as low-cal, tasty, and protein packed at the RTD shakes. I don't know, I will see how it goes-if I start gaining, then back to bars and cutting back the exercise. I am going to shoot for 1200 calories a day, watch the carbs, and the other healthy things I have learned while being on this plan.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » March 2nd, 2010, 3:15 am

Hoping you get the job you want!! :cheers:

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » March 10th, 2010, 12:31 pm

It's been a busy last couple of weeks. I haven't heard anything about getting the job I want and I am starting to become a little bit pessimistic. Also, I am not on plan at the moment. I am trying to maintain and eat right without too many supplements. I can't give up the shakes because of the protein. I am extremely pleased to tell you guys that I did a 5K on Sunday and I ran it in 28:59!!!! My goal was 31:00 and I totally shattered it. I was so proud of myself-wow that is hard thing for me to say about myself. I will check in on everyone this weekend and during Spring Break.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby katieb920 » March 10th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Holy moly girl that is awesome. Funny thing is I can walk 1 mile in the same amount of time that you do the 5k..... HAHA

Really proud of you
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Joy » March 10th, 2010, 3:22 pm

best hopes on the job search and really happy for your achievement!
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » March 24th, 2010, 10:18 am

Well, I have been horribly bad for the last month (or two) and the scale finally moved the wrong direction. I need my life to settle down so I can make this work. I was really good on Monday, but yesterday and today I messed up but I didn't let myself go all the way down. I had a bad lunch (both days) and then made up with exercise and I will do extra exercise today and skimped on my dinner. I want to be able to maintain and maybe lose some more, but I am so tired of bars,shakes, puffs, and puddings. It has been almost year since I started this and I did pretty good until January. So, my resolve is to buckle down, finish off my remaining products, and ditch these last 20 pounds. I want to start formally training for a marathon at the end of May and I now know that too much strenous exercise does not work with well the program. At that time I will truly start maintaining. I still haven't heard about the new job, but I have another interview within my district on Friday and I am hoping to hear something concrete and positive after the interview or on Monday. I have missed the board,but when I am being bad I don't want to talk about being bad and drag everyone else down with me. My husband and I are doing lots better-we have came to terms on some of our issues and it has been very nice.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » March 24th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Hopefully you will get some set news about the job. It is much easier to plan and much less nerve wracking when you kno what you will be doing....it takes some stress away.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » March 30th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Well, for once I have some great news! I got the librarian job that I wanted!!!! I am so excited about this opportunity, even though I have to finish out the school year in my current position I feel like I have something to look forward to now! Also, my absolutely worst student (really, he ruins my day every day) is gone to an alternative school for the next 30 school days! I am so thankful that things are falling in place for me (which makes me worry about what is around the corner)....now if I can just back on plan! In an effort to combat my hectic schedule I have been cooking on Sundays for us to eat all week at dinner. It worked well until today and I plowed through the Easter candy.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » March 30th, 2010, 8:10 pm

YES!!!!

Congratulations!!! :cheers:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby nickieluv » March 30th, 2010, 9:58 pm

I know just how you feel about the new job! Even though I'm not switching my work position, about this time every year I start to look forward to September and the fresh start it brings, and I make little mental notes about things I will do differently to make next year the best ever. And oh yes, I can relate to that problem student going away - it changes the whole dynamic of the class. I always feel a bit guilty for those thoughts - that kid is somebody's baby - but there they are anyway!

Congratulations - enjoy the good news and try not to think it means something bad is coming. And focus on the healthy step of planning dinners for a week, instead of the other little bitty backslide.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » March 31st, 2010, 4:22 am

Darn that easter candy. It was at my house yesterday too. Dang those chocolate covered peanut butter eggs :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I am so excited for you for you new JOB. That is so awesome.

Hugs.
Katie
katieb920

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal