oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: oksoonergirl 26's journey to a better a life

Postby oksoonergirl26 » December 21st, 2009, 9:26 pm

So much for being compliant today. However, I did jog 5.5 miles and then go to a spin class, so maybe it won't do too much damage. I was so happy to go to the doctor and have her look at me and my chart and ask how I lost all the weight. She does Medifast too, and told me that I am definitely a success story. I am going to have to add a supplement or something the extra exercise is kicking in and my appetite is increasing. I have 10 more weeks of center time and I have to decide if I want to buy more weeks or just tough it out like the rest of you guys and only do mail order. My doctor did give me the go ahead to try to get pregnant when we are ready and she told me that Medifast supplements are safe to eat when I am pregnant, so I will have to use those to manage my nutrition.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » December 22nd, 2009, 10:24 pm

I just can't seem to get back on plan, even after I went to the center today and bought $100 worth of supplements. A sandwich just seemed like a better lunch. However, the thing I am really pleased with is that my BMI is a 29 (I started at 40) and my resting metabolic rate is 1400 calories. I was very happy to see the decrease in the BMI, and the scan showed how much muscle I have built. It made me feel proud. I forgot how many inches I have lost, but it was alot! I am pretty much between a 10/12. Some 12s are way too big and some 10s are just slightly uncomfortable. I have biceps! I noticed them the other day and was in complete and total shock that my arms aren't just flab anymore-I can still give a flying squirrel a run for his money with my triceps, but there is definition finally! My abdomen is tightening up as well, I will still need a tummy tuck to flatten it all the way out, but there is hope before that happens. My calves are still large, but becoming more defined and I am beginning to see where my thighs don't touch anymore when I stand with my legs together. The human body is really an amazing machine and to watch mine transform over the last several months makes me realize I don't EVER want to be fat again. Little things like biceps, quads, and the ability to run for miles without stopping makes me think I can really do this for the rest of my life. I struggle with my self-esteem, but I am slowly starting to think I look good. At the gym tonight I wore a fitted tank with some fitted capri pants and I was admiring how slim my torso is becoming and how I don't look so out of shape anymore. I wasn't self conscious at all and actually thought I looked very strong. :D
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » December 23rd, 2009, 9:04 am

It sounds like you are making great gains in many positive directions! I admire you for the exercise that you've been doing, I need to begin soon.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby oksoonergirl26 » December 26th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Having an awful time even thinking about getting back on plan. I left all my soups at school and that is the one thing I was wanting to eat today. I way overdid it for Christmas and pretty much the whole week before. I have to run eight miles tomorrow and it is going to suck big time. I am having a hard time because I am wanting warm food, pasta, and bread. The thought of eating salad (my preferred L&G) is replusive to me.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » December 27th, 2009, 8:58 pm

HEy!!

Nope, no offense. I kind of see it that way, too. I know it is supposed to be a tool that youhave to incorporate in. But, I admit I kind of like the idea of people thinking I had surgery becuase obviously it is evident that it is working.

You'll definitely get back on track. The whole holiday on top of holiday on top of vacation thing kind of throws ya, but there's always tomorrow and you are lookign so good now that I doubt you'll havea hard time staying away from what you know works wonders for you.

Hope you had a great CHristmas!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » December 28th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Battling an icky sickness that has totally stopped me in my tracks, no exercise since Wednesday and basically laying around the house in my pj's eating banana bread because it seems to be the only thing I want to eat. I am having a really really hard time kicking my Splenda habit. I know it can't be good for me and I really need to scale back on it. I can look back at my food journals and see that when I started eating more artificially sweetened drinks my cravings kicked in. I have always heard that it does increase your cravings for sugar, but didn't really believe it. I believe it now. So add that to my list of things to do:

1. Get BACK on and STAY on plan
2. See #1 (it fixes everything else)

Things I have really let get in my way: creamer and Splenda in my coffee, Tea sweetened with Splenda, drinking 2 Coke Zeros or Diet Dr. Peppers a day, eating a small bowl of cereal, eating bread, snacking on tortilla chips, compensating bad food choices with extra exercise and then not being able to exercise the next day, rewarding myself with food (why oh why???), and making excuses for myself when I do behave badly. I eat badly because I want to, bottom line. :tongue:
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » December 28th, 2009, 4:20 pm

I know how you feel. I woke up this AM and I think the nagging throat coughing is turning into a cold. I am planning on Theraflu and sleep and DVDs. Maybe you need time to get over the hump and then go full throttle. Give yourself medicine, a deadline, and then after that you just stop what you were doing and start fresh with what you want to do! I wish I had a surefire way of making things work out for you.

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 1st, 2010, 12:57 pm

Thanks Sidrah! I will get over this. Watching "The Biggest Loser" marathon on Bravo is definitely making me rethink my bad choices for these last few weeks. I really haven't exercised but once in the last week. We are going to run 10 miles tomorrow afternoon, and man oh man I don't want to do it! I am having serious doubts about my ability to make it through the half marathon. I have also been told by my OB/GYN that I have a large cyst on one of my ovaries so I have to take it easy when running because she doesn't want it to rupture....so much for doing speedwork to increase my endurance.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby sidrah » January 2nd, 2010, 12:47 am

Law and Order marathon gets me every time...I saw Biggest Loser on and had to go to SVU, even though I have seen each episode about 10 times. Hey if you can't do 10 miles, you can do something and that is always better than nothing. Your picture looks great!!

sidrah
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » January 2nd, 2010, 6:53 am

I had no Idea biggest loser was running a marathon yesterday until I read your Post. My son and I watched the last 4 hours. I can not believe how much eric lost in that episode, only to gain it all back.

Your picture looks awesome.
Katie
katieb920

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 2nd, 2010, 7:32 pm

Oh Katie I know-I can't believe he did that! I didn't start watching the show until season 8 but I watched the "Where They Are Now" episode that showed where he had gained almost everything back. I wish they would show all the seasons! I really do attribute that show to kick starting my mentality to lose weight. I submitted an application for the show and I made it through the preliminary screens but my superintendent didn't want me to miss that much of my school. My principal was totally supportive and thought it would have been good publicity for the school. Unfortunately now I wouldn't be able to do it. I would love to have a week with Jillian, just one week and I think I would lose like 10 pounds. Of course I would cry the entire time, but she would "shrink" my mind too!

I barely made it through the ten miles today. I kept a good pace for about 7.5 miles and then I started feeling it and feeling it bad. I walked/jogged for about a 1/4 mile and then did another mile and a half, but the last half mile I walked the entire way. I hurt everywhere and really thought I was going to puke and pass out when I got back to my car. However, I did do it and I am that much closer to the 13.1 goal! Not eating on plan today because I need the carbs and potassium to help recover.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 2nd, 2010, 7:34 pm

Oh and thanks for the nice comment on the photo! I graduated with my master's on December 18th, so that's why I am smiling so big! I need to find some "before" pictures to put on here.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby katieb920 » January 3rd, 2010, 7:13 am

Congrats on graduating. That must be one big relief. Do you have any plans after that.

I am so with you. I would need jillian also. Not saying I do not love bob. But I need a good kick in the butt. I liked what they did this past season, where they trained everyone.

Hope you have a great day.
Katie
katieb920

Postby oksoonergirl26 » January 3rd, 2010, 11:18 am

I feel like I have been ran over by a large piece of machinery or drank two bottles of wine. Pretty sure I didn't drink enough yesterday to offset the exercise. The good news is that pound I gained is gone! So I didn't move my ticker up or down this week

I don't really have plans since I am still under contract for the remainder of this school year, but hopefully they will move me into a librarian position next school year. I love the district I work for and I don't really want to leave, but I am so sick of being in the classroom.
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26

Postby Tawanda » January 3rd, 2010, 11:45 am

Good for you on the pound gone! Potentially you could be at goal by spring break.... I bet you can do it! :cleader:
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal