You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Add your favorite recipes.

Postby SharonR » July 1st, 2008, 3:27 pm

I have a question about this recipe. Basically they (MFboard) say this is a lean serving. However, one cup of mozzarella is a lean right? So how does the egg fit in?

So i made it last night anyway and hubby and I split it with some toppings, it was out of this world. Hubs and I joked we had died and went to MF Pizza heaven! LOL

If it's split between two people, do you have to worry about the extra 40 calories approx per person?

There is more to the recipe and how to cook it, ect. what toppings we used and so on, if you want more info I would be glad to give it.

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby SharonR » July 2nd, 2008, 4:32 pm

hmm nobody has anything to say about it? LOL
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » July 2nd, 2008, 4:46 pm

Sharon,

Can you describe how itsade. From the list of ingredients, I can' t see how that would make a pizza crust. I know that the medifast eggs with the creamy soup makes a nice crust.

:cry:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jayzoe » July 2nd, 2008, 8:11 pm

I just made this last night too! It's yum! I split it in half, not sure how I should have counted it tho :oops: I keep hearing different things about what's allowed and what's not, some dairy, no dairy, certain kinds of dairy!!! so I'm not sure how this works out, I thought we were allowed 1 1/2 cups of shredded low or fat free cheese for our lean, but maybe I'm wrong?????

here's the full recipe courtesy of the other Medifast board:

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce
toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted **.

Notes:

*I use frozen cauliflower prepared according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, I shred cauliflower with a cheese grater, and then measure for the recipe. (Don't pack down the cup with cauliflower. Just fill it with a spoon or the cup itself.)

** You can try re-baking the pizza at 450 once you add toppings if desired, but the crust is not quite as crusty. There is a minimal difference, so see what works best for you.

serves 4- 6 for one recipe (10" pizza) not including toppings:

For 6, per serving:
calories: 73 calories
effective carbohydrates: 1.5
total carbohydrates: 2
fiber: 1
protein: 5 grams
fat: 4 grams

For 4, per serving:
calories: 108
effective carbohydrates: 2
total carbohydrates: 3
fiber: 1
protein: 7 grams
fat: 6 grams
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » July 2nd, 2008, 8:21 pm

yep that's the recipe...

It does make a yummy crust, the whole thing was fantastic. I used a small amount of Canadian bacon and zucchini, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper...sprinkled with garlic powder and salt...

YUMMO!!!

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » July 3rd, 2008, 3:59 pm

I do see how it can get very tricky measuring the lean and green on this recipe. You start with 1 lean and then add 1/3 of a lean and then you are adding more cheese and meats on the crust. You are also using less than 1 green (cauliflower) so you would need to figure out your lean and green amounts to ensure that you get the proper number of ounces of lean and green for this one.

Then again... this is pizza, and for those who love pizza, this may be worth a shot, justbe careful on your measurements.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby rodeomom » July 3rd, 2008, 8:00 pm

I made it today and I believe I have found the MediFast pizza lover's holy grail! I added mushrooms, onions and bell peppers to mine. Just for good measure I had a small "side" salad of just greens to make sure I got in the whole "green" of the L&G.

Thank you for this recipe. I think I need buy more cauliflower!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SharonR » July 3rd, 2008, 9:54 pm

rodeomom wrote:I made it today and I believe I have found the MediFast pizza lover's holy grail! I added mushrooms, onions and bell peppers to mine. Just for good measure I had a small "side" salad of just greens to make sure I got in the whole "green" of the L&G.

Thank you for this recipe. I think I need buy more cauliflower!

Isn't it FANTASTIC?? That's why hubby and I joked about going to MF pizza heaven! LOL

And for the record Mike, I did not add cheese to mine. There is plenty in the crust. Just added 3 oz. of Canadian bacon. I figured that with a egg was even enough and then the veggies, we added lots of mushrooms and zucchini.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 4:27 am

ok, we have to try this one!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » July 6th, 2008, 9:30 am

I just posted the be careful part for newbies and others who aren't as careful as you are Sharon. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby SharonR » July 15th, 2008, 8:28 am

Has anyone tried this yet? We had it again a few days ago...YUM!

SharonR
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 15th, 2008, 8:13 pm

That sounds yummylicious!

I saw something somewhere about using MF scrambled eggs instead of the egg that was similar to this and then had more veggies to make a full L & G. Would it then be split into 2 meals?

I need to get more adventurous with "making" things, my L & G's are so simple, and kind of boring! I'm just so scared of messing up! LOL!
dede4wd

Postby Mike » July 15th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Combining MF meals with the L&G is not recommended. Its come up a few times and each time, nutrition support and Lori Andersen have expressed that you need to keep them separate. Use regular eggs or egg beaters and calculate the correct lean portion that way.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby ladyhawke » November 23rd, 2008, 11:45 am

What kind of pizza sauce is allowed?

Between this and the new bars I think the lbs will be rolling off!

Thanks
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Postby Michee » July 28th, 2009, 11:17 am

I have made this twice in the last week... LOVE.IT! I make it like a "margherita" pizza with spinach, tomatoes, and green onions. I don't add extra cheese because there is plenty in the crust. So, so, so good! :bib:
Started TSFL 7/6/2009
Lost so far: 57.0 lbs
Goal: Taking it in 40# increments. Working on the next 40... :)
Michee
Regular Member - #50 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine