It is currently May 15th, 2024, 12:17 am

News News of Welcome

Site map of Welcome » Forum : Welcome

Don't get discouraged! You can do anything for a week!!

I just wanted to make a quick post to all of the new comers to the MF program and TSFL. It will be difficult during the first few days, but you will see marked progress after the first seven days and each subsequent week. The key is to follow the 5 & 1 plan to a T and if you are uncertain about something, check with your Health Advisor. Regardless of how tough it is, ...
Read more : Don't get discouraged! You can do anything for a week!! | Views : 794 | Replies : 1 | Forum : The Elevator

Palm Desert

A friend has a timeshare there and invited me down for a week, so I am going to head there on the way home from Laughlin. We kinda know the area a little bit, but we were both working on dissertations and nerdily spent more time at our computers than sightseeing...in different rooms, no less, so we could both plug into the phone lines.

I know there are some restaurants and a foofy shopping mall. ...
Read more : Palm Desert | Views : 742 | Replies : 1 | Forum : What's Shakin'

Screen names?? Why did you pick yours?

This is a way old thread, so I decided to revive it/start it fresh...new people new answers. I think it helps to learn about everyone!

Okay, so mine is sidrah because on some site I was trying to find a name not already taken and Seinfeld was on. It was that episode with Terry Hatcher and Elaine in the steam room where they were trying to figure out if Terry's character had implants...........anyway, her character ...
Read more : Screen names?? Why did you pick yours? | Views : 783 | Replies : 6 | Forum : What's Shakin'

What's for dinner tonight??? Week of June 8th

We used to do this all the time and I got great ideas. Anyone up for it again?

Tonight I had a MSF mushroom patty, spinach, and tomato chopped up and mixed in an egg scramble. It made a lot of food. 1 cup of egg beaters and 1 patty chopped up for the lean and spinach and tomato for the green.

Just added some hot sauce when I ate it and it was pretty ...
Read more : What's for dinner tonight??? Week of June 8th | Views : 734 | Replies : 3 | Forum : What's Shakin'

Allergies and other FYIs

Maybe this belongs under the "tip" box, but here goes

FYI 1
The only MF meal with MSG is Cream of Tomato soup. <-----If you can't do MSG, that's for you out there!

There is a whole list of gluten free, wheat free, with and without soy, kosher...all that good stuff you would want to know. I found it through some searching when I was looking for some meat-free choices during Lent. It's on the ...
Read more : Allergies and other FYIs | Views : 720 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Come on in.

My favorite food used to be....My favorite food now ....

Okay, I used to hate the chilli, still do, so that won't work here. Kidding....no, really, cannot do the chilli still!

My favorite food used to be the oatmeal. Any flavor, especially the peach.
My favorite food now is beef stew and for sweet, the pudding.

Still love oatmeal but find myself looking forward to other stuff, too.
Anyone else change along the way?
Read more : My favorite food used to be....My favorite food now .... | Views : 717 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Come on in.

One thing I have learned that has helped me greatly is....

I see lots of people coming back or who are new. Let's post one or two tips that might make the program a little easier for someone struggling. It doesn't matter if they are humorous, accidentally learned, serious. I'll start:

1. If you take a shake/soup to drink on the way to work, for the love of all that is good, take it out of the car that day! Phew, soy stinks if it sits ...
Read more : One thing I have learned that has helped me greatly is.... | Views : 737 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Come on in.

Who's with Me?

i remember how weird it got, and why people stopped coming here for support, but i'd like to know who's out there and what's up with them.

my fat dunky genuinely enjoys several of the people i met on here. we need to support each other. perhaps tolerating less shenanigans should anyone try to split "the team" again would be wise. either way, i know you're out there.

who's with me?
Read more : Who's with Me? | Views : 822 | Replies : 11 | Forum : What's Shakin'

Hello Medifasters

I am so thankful I don't have to do this weight loss things alone. I am so amazed at all the great people here and stuff I have learned over time that I decided to finally make the big step and join. I am not so good at forum posting, a little nervous, but would like to finally give back all that I have learned!
Read more : Hello Medifasters | Views : 762 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Come on in.

Nurcyn

Hello all, I am a 33 year old RN and mother of 2 who has just started on her Medifast journey! I am happy to say I survived days 1-3 and am feeling MUCH better today, on day 4, with a loss of 5 pounds (of waterweight I'm sure) but even small victories should be celebrated! The first 3 days were difficult; I was ravenous, tired, and horrible headaches, but as most of you have ...
Read more : Nurcyn | Views : 2755 | Replies : 52 | Forum : My Journal

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286