Nurcyn

1 Thread per registered User.

Nurcyn

Postby Nurcyn » June 2nd, 2009, 5:55 pm

Hello all, I am a 33 year old RN and mother of 2 who has just started on her Medifast journey! I am happy to say I survived days 1-3 and am feeling MUCH better today, on day 4, with a loss of 5 pounds (of waterweight I'm sure) but even small victories should be celebrated! The first 3 days were difficult; I was ravenous, tired, and horrible headaches, but as most of you have said, after day 3 it's downhill!! Knowing that so many of you have waged the same battle and succeeded inspired me to get through it. I'm ready this time....ready to end my battle with food; ready to find other things to do when I'm stressed out! I'm excited to be on this journey and in the middle of an absolute life change for me.

Here's to small victories!! :cleader:
Nurcyn
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » June 2nd, 2009, 8:46 pm

Welcome!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Karli » June 3rd, 2009, 6:21 am

Hi Cyndi, glad you started a journal here :). Great job making it past the first few days ! In terms of how you will physically feel now (and mentally, too !), it generally gets easier and easier ... though don't be too surprised if you have a day of hungries here or there ... Keep ridin' the rails !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Day 5, still alive. :)

Postby Nurcyn » June 3rd, 2009, 12:00 pm

Today is my first test: my first day back to work after starting MF. I have to be mindful to drink water and to remember to slow down and have my supplements when it's time.....not so easy as an ER nurse, when things get crazy. But today I'm feeling REALLY good....the headache finally subsided halfway through day 4 and suddenly I had a burst of energy. My husband said he noticed I wasn't complaining of being tired in the evening like I usually do. I haven't felt this good in a loooong time, and I can't imagine how I'll feel when some of this weight comes off! The rough first days were SO WORTH IT.
Nurcyn

Postby sidrah » June 3rd, 2009, 12:16 pm

Hi, Glad things are getting better so quickly! Sounds like you are doing great.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Chubissima » June 3rd, 2009, 1:23 pm

Hi Nurcyn! :wave:

I'm brand new here, too. My food hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to start. Congrats on making it through the first 3 days! It's encouraging to hear about your burst of energy on Day 4! Five pounds down in a just a few short days is pretty exciting!

I'm a pre-nursing student myself; 35 years old, mom of two. I admire (and somewhat envy) all RNs, but especially ER nurses! I was an EMT for several years - emergency is exciting but it can be TOUGH, physically and emotionally! It takes a special kind of person to work in that area.

Good luck!
Chubissima

Postby Karli » June 4th, 2009, 4:02 am

Hey Cyndi, hope you're cruisin' !! :)
Karli

Postby nickieluv » June 4th, 2009, 6:15 am

Welcome aboard! I hope your first 'test' at work went well yesterday.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Mission Accomplished!

Postby Nurcyn » June 4th, 2009, 8:55 am

Did great at work yesterday. Was worried a little that I was burning off too many calories because of the ridiculous amount of walking we do in our gigantic ER over 12 hours....but it was not to worry because as of this morning I've lost 7!! Seven pounds in 5 days is such a motivating start. I know it won't continue at that pace, but it's just a good way to start. I was happy to notice a definite increase in my energy level at work; most days I would just drag through those shifts, but yesterday I had the energy for the whole day and felt more focused. It's really kind of amazing to me how easy MF is to stick to (though I'll admit the chinese they ordered at work yesterday was my first big temptation!) but knowing that inside, I'm already healthier just inspires me to keep going.

I have one dilemma though: every other week I have to work a night shift at work and often it is after staying up most of the day. I have no idea how to do medifast when I'm staying up almost 24 hours. Any ideas?
Nurcyn

Postby nickieluv » June 4th, 2009, 9:19 am

I have heard before that you should just eat every 2 to 3 hours for as long as you are awake. You might end up having 10 or more supplements in that 24 hours, so that might change the rules a bit - I'm not sure. But definitely don't try to only have 6 meals in 24 hours. You'll need more fuel for that time.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nurcyn » June 5th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Thanks for the advice Nickieluv! I'll try it....probably going to be a challenge. Bugs me since I'm on such a perfect schedule right now! Anyway, Day 7 almost done and still doing great. A breakfast burrito called my name when one of the other nurses ate it right next to me, but I walked away and got over it quick. Can't believe how generally less bloated I feel, not to mention the scrubs weren't quite so snug today. Yay!!

Oh, and I'm down 8.4 pounds today, but at work, they suddenly blocked tickerfactory! Darn it!
Nurcyn

Postby Karli » June 5th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Hey, Cyndi, glad to hear from you ! I was wondering how you are doing, and now I know !! I am so happy to read that your day 7 is jammin' !! Isn't that "less bloated" feeling wonderful ?

Keep up the great work :). The breakfast burritos (etc.) will not call your name in quite the same way after you have been on program for a few weeks ... great job not listening to it today :).
Karli

Postby sidrah » June 5th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Working the 24 hours will even itself out. Just every 3-4 hours to keep you going and maybe take a break in the middle somewhere. The time you make up and are sleeping will even things out.

That is so good about the loss and the momentum you are keeping. :hi5:
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Karli » June 6th, 2009, 7:35 am

Rock the Socks today, Cyndi ! Cheers ! :toast:
Karli

Postby oksoonergirl26 » June 6th, 2009, 8:59 am

Congratulations on surviving your first week! How did the 24-hour shift go?
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to My Journal