It is currently May 19th, 2024, 12:18 am

News News of The Elevator

Site map of The Elevator » Forum : The Elevator

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

I'm a sneak

:shock: I have developed this very very bad habit. I am a sneak. I have no problems all week....temptation is not even an issue. Saturday comes, my husband takes off on the motorcycle....and I start sneaking food....and hiding my trail. I walked six miles Saturday on the treadmill and than followed up with chocolate zingers......(multiple zingers) ...and then had to explain to my kids where their zingers ...
Read more : I'm a sneak | Views : 2789 | Replies : 23

Why so many Doctors don't understand!!!!!

I woke up this morning full of hopes! And when I read Tami’s Post I smiled because I felt good on Medifast and know that I am not alone in this. I was so happy this morning. That is until 1pm, when I landed at the Dr. Office. This stupid woman, looks at my chart and say:” How did you lose 29lbs in just over a month??” She looked horrified! So I proudly told her ...
Read more : Why so many Doctors don't understand!!!!! | Views : 6455 | Replies : 30

McDonalds and NO TEMPTATION!

Good Morning!

I had a date with my four year old last night and he wanted to go to McDonalds - so off we went. I was so surprised when I walked in and had absolutely no desire for anything!!!!

On another note - my 4 month old was up late, and I thought, I am going to be exhaused in the morning...but nope I was up this morning with a ton of energy!!!!

And ...
Read more : McDonalds and NO TEMPTATION! | Views : 3303 | Replies : 21

15 pounds gone..in 16 days!

Howdy All my fellow shaker friends

Well..this morning when I woke up...I decided to weigh myself..since I started (16 days ago) I only weighed 2ce. The scale for me is just a number, im trying to measure my sucess with the way I feel in my clothes..the scale fluctuates too much, and I get easily discouraged..so I will only weigh every few weeks.

TO MY AMAZEMENT...I weighed 170 pounds..thats 15 pounds gone in 16 days ...
Read more : 15 pounds gone..in 16 days! | Views : 1916 | Replies : 8

Reached my goal weight ONE year ago and Holding 'er steady..

Last year at this time I was getting close to reaching my weight loss goal. My neighbor Martin had told me all about Joseph Schmidt and his beautiful chocolate sculptures and candies. I thought that I might like to try some of his truffles SOME day. Of course I hinted around to remind my husband of my desire. ;)

Surprise, surprise! On Valentine’s Day Terry gave me ...
Read more : Reached my goal weight ONE year ago and Holding 'er steady.. | Views : 1409 | Replies : 4

Who's Sabotaging Your Diet?

Who's sabotaging your diet?
For calorie-counters, best friends can become worst enemies

By Sarah Lindner

(reprinted from the Austin American-Statesman)
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Monday, January 26, 2004

When you start trying to shed pounds, you focus on things that you control: calories, carbs, crunches.

But there's one weight-loss factor that's pretty much out of your control: other people trying to sabotage you.

A friend of mine found this out during a get-together when she told another ...
Read more : Who's Sabotaging Your Diet? | Views : 3955 | Replies : 15

R-E-S-O-L-V-E

RESOLVE: Definition:
1. To make a firm decision about.
2. To cause (a person) to reach a decision.
3. To decide or express by formal vote.

Listed below are actual snippets from THIS BOARD. Snippets from you. Do you see YOUR reasons and excuses listed here? Do you see the comments following? Pro’s and Con’s. There are no Con’s to losing weight, that I can see.

Today I suck.
I was stressed and depressed the ...
Read more : R-E-S-O-L-V-E | Views : 2670 | Replies : 26

I SUCK

Ok, today I suck. Have had an awful week. My husbands business partner has been hospitalized for the last 3 weeks....this is has been stressful beyond belief. It's been touch and go...and every time something seems to improve, something else goes wrong. Also, to make a long story short, because of a variety of legal issues involving embezzlement by a third partner, this series of events has left our business in jeopardy. This week has ...
Read more : I SUCK | Views : 1429 | Replies : 12

The importance of water

Hi y'all! I want to share my recent experience with you and give you a tip.

I was snowed in on Monday and Tuesday--spents LOTS of time online and doing other domestic type stuff. Since I was not in my usual office routine, I did not consume the 64+oz water I usually do. Tuesday morning I stepped on the scales and had a 4 pound GAIN! I freaked a bit, trying to figure out why ...
Read more : The importance of water | Views : 1909 | Replies : 12

"Eating to Live" or "Living to Eat"??

"Eating to Live" or "Living to Eat"?

I have been reading a lot on the board lately about how hard the program is and how hunger is running rampant amongst us. Bonita has even said: …"I am going on the modified diet. I have to. I just can't do the full for that long, I NEED food."

How many times have I said that myself?? "I NEED FOOD." Food has been the one constant thing ...
Read more : "Eating to Live" or "Living to Eat"?? | Views : 1639 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286