I SUCK

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

I SUCK

Postby Jims Chick » January 31st, 2004, 10:11 am

Ok, today I suck. Have had an awful week. My husbands business partner has been hospitalized for the last 3 weeks....this is has been stressful beyond belief. It's been touch and go...and every time something seems to improve, something else goes wrong. Also, to make a long story short, because of a variety of legal issues involving embezzlement by a third partner, this series of events has left our business in jeopardy. This week has been about dealing with the possibility of having to start over......not fun. Also, my kids were both sick and this was the house of vomit for 4 days....followed by my fever and body ache thing thursday and friday. I was stressed and depressed the scale hadn't moved and yesterday I ate NOT ONE, and NOT TWO, but THREE Schwanns rocky road ice cream sundae cones throughout the day and evening. That was the first thing I thought about when I climbed out of bed this morning. I weighed and I'd lost 4 pounds this week.... for a total of 15 in 3 weeks.....But I know that I'm probably going to gain some of that back next week.....so now I have this dark cloud feeling to start my new week with. :lightening: I'm so mad at myself :x . I just feel like I suck today. I've passed on so many things, food and activities over the last 3 weeks so I wouldn't cave....and then I sit here on my butt yesterday being an ice cream piggy. I have to get myself motivated again here....Maybe if I double up my time on the treadmill this week it will help to make up the difference. I just suck today :table:
Julie
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » January 31st, 2004, 10:34 am

OK JULIE, FIRST of all quit beating yourself up...SECOND and most important, noW don't get mad BUT....you are probably here like all of us, and maybe JUST maybe you are the stress eater...I am too....here goes, SORRY, BUT NO EXCUSES....YOU ARE LETTING FOOD CONTROL YOU HON...STOP....STOP....STOP.....THIS IS YOUR HEALTH WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, NOT JUST A WEIGHT PROBLEM, AND I PROMISE YOU, AS I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE......STAYING ON THIS PROGRAM ESPECIALLY IN THOSE TIMES, HELPS THE DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY...TRULY...I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE I AM GIVING YOU HECK, AND I AM...BECAUSE I TOO WANTED TO CHEAT....AND SEE HOW AWFUL YOU FEEL BECAUSE YOU DID????????THE ONE SAVING GRACE, IS THAT IF YOU HAD NOT CHEATED, THE NEXT MORNING THE ONE FABOULOUS THING IN YOUR LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR CONTROL OVER FOOD...NO MATTER WHAT....WHO CARES ABOUT THE BUSINESS IF YOU ARE NOT HERE TO BE INVOLVED WITH IT BECAUSE YOUR HEALTH TOOK A DUMP...REALLY JULIE, THIS IS YOUR LIFE, AND NO ONE ELSES....WE CANNOT USE THESE CRUTCHES ANY MORE OR YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED...SO QUIT IT...NOW GIRL....FOOD IS NOT THE ANSWER TO ANY PROBLEM WHATSOEVER....I AM NOT TRYING TO BE UGLY, JUST KNOW HOW YOU FEEL....WE ALL HAVE BAD DAYS, BUT DON'T CRUMBLE...THINK ABOUT BEING ON THIS EARTH FOR A LONG TIME, BUT DOING IT HEALTHY, AND THIN...GOOD LUCK...DID NOT MEAN TO BE SO BLUNT....BUT I THINK YOU NEEDED IT GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 31st, 2004, 12:05 pm

Now how do you KNOW you are going to gain next week? Are you a prophet or something??

Look Julie, Mike's not here to verbally kick your butt, so I'll have to do it.

YOU are in control of what goes in your mouth. Yes, it would be easy to blame the other crap in your life at the moment (sorry to hear about all of that, by the way). But remember--we got fat because we blamed everyone and everything but the person putting the food in our mouth. If you were an alcoholic, I would tell you the same thing. It is very much the same kind of addiction.

YOU CAN DO THIS. You are strong and capable. You know right from wrong. You are smart enough to get over this hurdle. Don't give food ANY power!!

Now go take care of business.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby finalstraw » January 31st, 2004, 1:59 pm

Lots of Hugs, Kisses & Prayers. ;)

It is hard, very very hard, and it has to be taken sometimes just one shake at a time. When you give into temptation, just pick yourself up and try again. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 31st, 2004, 2:26 pm

Yikes Julie!!!
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Here....beat on me instead.
:hammerhead:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby susan » January 31st, 2004, 2:39 pm

Julia,
don;t beat your self up just pick your self up and get back on the wagon .you can do it and we all make mistakes sometimes .Sorry about all your problems just give them to the lord and tell him you need for him to work it all out cause you can;t do anything about it .So hang in there and keep shaking .
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jade » January 31st, 2004, 4:25 pm

Dear Julia,
I'm with Unca on this one. We have all used food as a coping mechinism for so long.....then we fall into the pattern of self-hatred for our actions. You need to realize this stress has been going on for weeks for you and you kept it together without reaching for sugary food for that whole time. You lost it momentarily but that does not negate the progress you have made. We only have today. We can't go back and change something that took place even a minute ago. We can only do our best today and resolve to do the same tomorrow. Try to find some things to nurture yourself. We have to start loving ourselves more. I have been guilty of this addiction to self-destruction myself. Hang in there sweetie. It's another day. Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby star85 » February 1st, 2004, 6:24 am

Julie,
Don't be so hard on yourself. You have already lost 15 lbs. in 3 weeks! That's awsome! Any other diet, you would probably only be losing around 2 pounds a week, so even if you gain 1 or 2 lbs. back from the 3 icecream cones, you are still way ahead of the game! I say, "Every new day is a blessing from God because #1 I am lucky enough to still be here! #2 I get to start all over again fresh and new! " I've lost 15 lbs. in 17 days and that is with cheating a couple of times ( just being honest. ) Not that I'm saying it is good to cheat, by all means if you can avoid it, don't cheat. I'm just saying that we are all human ( no one is perfect all of the time ) and as long as we do our best and not give up, eventually we will all reach our goals. To tell you the truth, my stomach must be shrinking because I'm a stress eater and I used to be able to binge! The last time I cheated I got so full so fast my stomach started to hurt and prevented me from really eating that much! That's never happened to me before! It made me think about after reaching goal how I have to practice eating properly and portion control. I don't want to re-stretch my stomach back out again. Just tell yourself that food is not going to help change any of the stressors in your life when you have the urge to cheat. Drink plenty of water to flush everything out. Stick to the plan and keep going. You will be fine. Just take a few minutes to go somewhere quiet and clear your mind then refocus yourself toward your goal again and Pray. That's what I do. Just a suggestion that may help you. Don't be so hard on yourself. In the grand skeem of things, 3 cones aren't going to break you, as long as you don't do the same thing over and over again. Chalk it up to a life experience, learn from it ( remember and confront the awful feeling that you are experiencing right now for cheating, so the next time you have the urge to cheat again, you won't ) and move on. YOU CAN DO THIS! CONGRATULATIONS on the 15 lbs. weight-loss! Hope this helps.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Kimbob » February 1st, 2004, 9:42 am

No, I suck worse.

For the last week or so I have been sliding down a slippery slope that started with a few little cheats here and there and ended up with me so far off base that I couldn't remember where I started.

Well, yesterday I remembered and went right back on the program, but I know I've lost TWICE that time - the time I wasted and the time it will take me to get back to where I was when I left off!

I don't know how or why I sabotaged myself so badly, but I did.

Anyway, I wouldn't have felt good about myself AT ALL unless I confessed it here.

Jim'sChick - thank you for sharing. It helped me to share, too.

Kimbob the Ashamed
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 1st, 2004, 10:22 am

The important thing is: You are getting back on track. You are not using it as an excuse to continue eating.

I have had to give this talk to myself more than once--and still have to do it! This is a lifelong battle for me.
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Another suckee here

Postby BonitaGirl » February 1st, 2004, 9:25 pm

I did a little cheating on Friday, I was craving carbs so much that I just had to eat some so I bought a bag of mini pretzels and had half the bag. The rest of the day was great, right on track even with my dinner out. Had a salad with chicken and was down a pound the next morning and I was so happy that I had broken thru my 10 day plateau. Then last night I found myself at home alone and suddenly craving and obsessing about a carne asada burrito. I HAD to have one, I couldn't take it any longer and I soon found myself at the take out line and I couldn't wait to eat my burrito. I had half of it and felt like I was going to pop. This morning I woke up still dreaming of the wonderful taste of that burrito and scarfed the other half. I know I should have thrown it away last night, but I couldn't and then I just spiraled downhill all day today. Figured I had already blown it big time and ate tons of junk food. I am sluggish and feeling icky now. Ugh!! I hate this!!

Tomorrow morning I am so back on program again. I must do this! I have to! I love the feeling of not being bloated and just feeling like I can't move this mass of body around. I am going to start the modified as of tomorrow, the full fast was just to much for me and I was not losing at all after the first week. I think it was too few calories for me and my body was holding on for dear life. I shall do this and see how it works for me. I am actually thinking of alternating days of full fast and modified just to keep me and my body satisfied.

Thanx for letting me share on here. You all are wonderful inspiration and help.

Bonita
-----------------------------
"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"

Started on 1/14/04 at 269, today I am at 251.5
BonitaGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 2nd, 2004, 6:52 am

Bonita:

Read this from the archives. I had a similar thing happen to me early in the game, and this is what Mike said to me:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... highlight=

Hopefully it will help!
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby finalstraw » February 2nd, 2004, 7:54 am

Bonita,

Hang in there, pick yourself up and give yourself a pat on the back for being honest.

Today is another day.

Jeanette,

Thanks for posting the post, very motivational.

:D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Elevator