15 pounds gone..in 16 days!

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

15 pounds gone..in 16 days!

Postby TamiL » February 18th, 2004, 10:44 am

Howdy All my fellow shaker friends

Well..this morning when I woke up...I decided to weigh myself..since I started (16 days ago) I only weighed 2ce. The scale for me is just a number, im trying to measure my sucess with the way I feel in my clothes..the scale fluctuates too much, and I get easily discouraged..so I will only weigh every few weeks.

TO MY AMAZEMENT...I weighed 170 pounds..thats 15 pounds gone in 16 days :-P :-P :-P

So I brought out the dreaded Measurement tape..and decided that I would take my measurements and log them...and do this every few weeks. For those of you who have been on the weight rollercoaster...you may have noticed something I have. With every weight loss and weight gain...I have managed to get MORE BODY FAT!!
my measurements in my hips and legs are the highest they have been in years...because everytime I gained and lost...the gain brought on more UGLY FAT!!

I came to the conclusion that when I meet my goal weight...I have to realize that my measurements may not be the same at 135 pounds as they were 4 years ago...plus I hit that dreaded 30 year old mark..and have seen my metabolism slow way down!! at first..when I took my measurements this morning..I was discouraged..thinking..wow..I may get to 160 pounds in no time..but my body measurements are what they were when I was 175 pounds ...got nuts with this for a few minutes...

then I decided to LET IT ALL GO...who cares...cuz Im loosing now...and I know that even if it takes longer for the inches to come off..and catch up with the scale then so be it! I have to realize that I may never get to be the size I once was..cuz then I was in my 20's..and IM JUST NOT THERE ANYMORE!! what I told myself was this....I am 32 years old now...my body is different...and I can get myself to where I feel fit and healthy and comfortable in my skin...he heck with all the rest..the numbers on the scale or the measurement tape!!

I will get there...pound by pound...and be the fit and healthy 32 year old I want to be...and forget about what I was when I was in my 20's..this is me..here and now. I will accept my age..and what Ive done to my body and do all I can to make it one I am comfortable with!!

sorry to go on and on....just needed to get this out!!

thanks for listenin (readin!!)
Tam
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby granolagirl » February 18th, 2004, 11:06 am

Wow! I'm impressed. What a great job you are doing. Are you doing the full fast? Are you exercising?

I have never had more than 2 or 3 pounds in a week, and usually less than that. Please do tell!

Congratulations,
Granola Girl
granolagirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby TamiL » February 18th, 2004, 11:35 am

Hey Granola Girl!! (cute)

I am doing the full and modified...I find that works for me. somedays I do the full (3 shakes a day with 2 supplements...like soup or chili)

and other days..I feel the need to EAT food..so I do the modified plan..Ill have 4 shakes with a lean/green meal..then at night before bed, if Im hungry I heat up a 5th shake (the choc. is good heated)

I have not really worked out that much...a few walks here and there..but I think I am going to wait the full amount of time they say to before I start working out 5-6 days a week.

I drink tons of water...and I use sugar free jello. boullion, and the fast soups and crackers to help when I am hungry inbetween "feeds"...and thats it...I know the loss is huge cuz its mostly water...but I know to expect it to slow down after the first few weeks...that is when I will start working out...and beginning an exercise routine.

I use the RTD shakes alot..they are a lifesaver!! and thats it....I have not cheated ONCE...and arent even tempted too..this is the last stop for me...Ive got to do this now...and get this weight off for good!!

the forum is a great source of support for me....use it as much as you can, it keeps me focused and on track and reminds me everyday that others are out there shakin..and loosing...just like me..and it keeps me inspired!!

good luck on your journey...we will all get there..as long as we remain faithful to the program..and dont loose sight of our goals!

Tami

TamiL

Postby elle4nelly » February 18th, 2004, 12:34 pm

:cleader:

yeah!!!!!!!!! Way to go Tami!
You're doing great!
I'm happy for you. About the measurements?? let it go. I was thin most of my life and found out that everytime I gained weight and lost it i was heavier for the same size???
At 19 ( i'm 5'5") I was 121lbs and a size 6. At 26 I balooned to 160lbs(wish I stayed there!!) and lost it all to a size 6 but now I weighed 127lb for that same size!!! Then at 30 at gained weigh again!!!!!!! Balooned to 197lbs and lost it all to 141lb and guess what? I was a size 6 at that weigh!!! I don't get it!
I listed my goal at 133lbs but honestly I do not know that this is the right goal Pound-wise?? I just know physically , I'd like to be no smaller that a 6 I might even settle for 7-8.
I know I'm vain...but I got an hourglass shape ...so i'd like to be small but still have milkshake and apples on my bod! get my grip?
The waif look is fine, but not for me!

So don't fuss over those measurement. lose until you reach the size you want and then Hit the gym BIG TIME!! You gotta TONE, TONE, and make sure your muscle mass is at a great level. building muscle will burn the body fat and increase your metabolism. Plus it's good for bone density.

your weight loss is great!!!!!!!! I reached 4 weeks today with 22.5lbs down. I too am on a semi/modified. That works best for me! Some days...I fast all day. I might or might not have a soup. But drink a lot of decaf hot tea.( Get cold all the times!!!!)

Well...My traveling Shakin' friend...let's keep this train moving to Thinville USA.

:D

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Thanks

Postby TamiL » February 18th, 2004, 1:02 pm

Thanks Nelly~~!

:D :D :D :D together..we will get there...in those 6-7-8 size clothes..and look and feel great!!

I too have an hourglass figure...very small uptop..and got the smaller waist..followed by some HIPS and thighs!! I notice that when I loose weight...the last pounds to come off are the areas I need it most..below my waist!! the only thing I wish is that I COULD KEEP MY BOOBS this size..but they, unfortunatley are the first to go!! :(

well just keep shakin till we see those dream sizes....got a closet full of them..and this is the first time in years that I truly KNOW that I will wear them again...no matter how long it takes!!

happy shakin girl!! thanks for your support.

TamiL

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 18th, 2004, 9:27 pm

Hey, how much water do you drink a day TamiL?
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Im floating!

Postby TamiL » February 19th, 2004, 8:02 am

Erika

Do you have a walgreens pharmacy near you? if you do...they sell a water jug called "waterLu"...it holds the recommended daily water (2.2 liter) which is 8 big glasses of water!! I usually go thru one by late in the day..and down another one...then I drink Tea inbetween..so I drink alot of water..Im am PEEING all the time, but it keeps me hydrated..and I find the more water I drink..the less headaches I get!!

DRINK DRINK DRINK...it totally helps with the weight loss....
I cant wait till the summer time so I look FORWARD TO DRINKING COLD WATER!! ;)

TamiL

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 19th, 2004, 8:24 am

We dont have Walgreens around here unfortunately :( Just good ole wally world and K-Mart-- I guess I could fill up a 2 liter soda bottle..lol
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Water

Postby TamiL » February 21st, 2004, 9:32 am

Erika
Thats a good Idea...fill up anything that you can find that is about 2 liters...or just get a gallon jug of water and make sure you drink that throughout the day!!! the water you will find also helps keep you hydrated!! its great for your SKIN and will help in keeping you feeling fuller!! I find that when I drink a bunch of water after I drink a shake..that I am SOOOOO full!! I just cant wait till SUMMER when its HOT and IM loving the COLD WATER!! and frosty shakes without the GOOSEBUMPS! :D

DRINK DRINK DRINK!! all the extra trips to the bathroom will pay off!

Tami

TamiL

Return to The Elevator