"Eating to Live" or "Living to Eat"??

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

"Eating to Live" or "Living to Eat"??

Postby Jeanette » January 26th, 2004, 2:46 pm

"Eating to Live" or "Living to Eat"?

I have been reading a lot on the board lately about how hard the program is and how hunger is running rampant amongst us. Bonita has even said: …"I am going on the modified diet. I have to. I just can't do the full for that long, I NEED food."

How many times have I said that myself?? "I NEED FOOD." Food has been the one constant thing in my life that has led me to this overweight place. It has been my friend, my love , my companion, my reward, my consolation. It has been my EVERYTHING.

It has also been my downfall. While I have not suffered any major health issues YET because of my weight, I do have some back and joint pains. Most of my pain comes from feeling limited in doing the things I really want to do. And of course, there is all the emotional pain associated with being fat.

That is why Medifast has been such a godsend for me. It gives me a break from "real food - a crutch" to evaluate its status in my life. I get all the nourishment I need while I work on my addiction. I am also learning ways to cope in the real world with food and food situations.

Now, forty-five pounds lighter, I no longer see food as a friend. Food is only good for one thing--fuel. Nothing more, nothing less. I have given food WAY too much power over my life. Now it is time to take away that power and return it to its rightful owner….ME.

I have 115 lbs to goal, so my journey is far from over. BUT…no longer will I "live to eat"…only "eat to live."
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Kimbob » January 26th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Jeanette, thank you for that beautiful message.

For some reason my second month on the program has been harder for me. I'm not always doing the right things and my weight loss has slowed down accordingly.

Now, between you and Sher and the many others who have been posting such extraordinarily touching, real, and encouraging messages, I feel reminded about why I am doing this and am encouraged to settle for nothing but the best I can do on this program.

Thank you so much!

Kimbob the Boosted
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 26th, 2004, 3:25 pm

Well said Jeanette,
Just the right post at the right time.
Keep up the great work.
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Starloser63 » January 27th, 2004, 10:56 am

Jeanette,

Great post. That is exactly how I feel. I am doing the complete fast because food does have a hold on me, and I know that. It is on my mind more than My Saviour, and that is not right at all. I am only on day 8, but I have been trying since the 5th of Jan. and I learned alot about myself in that time. I have to teach myself that food is not in control. Any suggestions on how you did this will be appreciated.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 27th, 2004, 4:16 pm

WOW! (enough said)

When I first thought of starting this diet, I also thought "but it is so expensive", then when talking with my best friend (my hubby) and asking his opinion, we realized that we easily spend twice that amount eating out. You know, eating the one thing that caused the problem in the first place. I am not a cook, I don't like to cook, so we frequented resturants - fast food, dine in & really expensive - at least 4 times a week with at least one of those being a $50+ meal.

You are so right Jeanette, I too am learning on this fast to look at food very diffent. But like everyone else here, it is an addiction and it will take time (which I have unfortunately with still 121 lbs. to go).

Thank you for sharing. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Postby star85 » February 12th, 2004, 7:31 am

Hi Stephanie,
I just wanted to say that judging by your pics on the "Studio Forum", you sure don't look like you need to lose 121 more lbs.! I know we all personally know what we each need to lose as individuals, but to look at your picture I would never guess you needed to lose that amount. You look smaller. I'm an "apple" shape and I carry all my weight in my upper body and under my chin, or in my case I should say "chins" ( hee hee) so you can really see it in pics. I have friends that are "pear" shaped and to see a picture of them from the waist up you could never tell that they needed to lose alot of weight because all their weight is down below! I guess everyone shows their weight in different ways. What are your stats? Well good luck and keep up the great work!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » February 12th, 2004, 7:49 am

star85 wrote:What are your stats

Yeah, Stephanie, what - are your stats?

Like "________" said, you need to share!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 12th, 2004, 8:28 am

Ya'll are so funny. :D

I have always carried my weight well. I am 5'8 so that helps. I started this diet at 286 size 24/26 depending on the style.

I look normal size at 175 about a size 14. I plan to go to 150 which will make me 'thin' and size 12. My husband says he will be fine with 175, I weighed 165 when I married 19 years ago.

My shape I suppose is pear. Even thin the 'J-lo' butt runs in my family, so when we gain weight, it is butt, leggs and gut first, then starts climbing up.

I have lost 29lbs as of today. That leaves me with 82 lbs. to go.

I originally had set my goal at 150, then my husband talked me up to a goal of 175. So the post above is kinda old, I have revised my goal which means I have 25lbs less to lose to meet it. (But I will keep going and I will see 150 which means I actually still have 107 lbs. to lose.)

Next time I post an update picture, I will do a full body (blah).

So Mike,

You are at goal, post your 'I did it' pic.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Return to The Elevator