Diabetics eating the "other foods"

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

Diabetics eating the "other foods"

Postby Ketann » July 2nd, 2006, 6:07 am

Since my blood sugar has been regular and I have off diabetic meds for a while, I am considering trying the other medifast foods, such as pudding and the other shakes. I know other diabetics have done this after their bs regulated, but I'm a little scared. :roll: Any comments from diabetics who have done this? Thanks :)

Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JKSRN » July 2nd, 2006, 8:25 pm

Hi Keturah, I am not a diabetic, however, I would like to suggest that you speak to your physician who manages your Diabetes, about adding different foods to your program, especially since, what you have been eating, has been successful at controlling your blood sugar, etc.. If you were to try different foods, I would try them just before your labs are due. JMHO.
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » July 2nd, 2006, 9:50 pm

Hi Keturah,
Get on one or both of the TSFL conference calls:

Nurses Support Call
Monday - 8:30 p.m. Eastern (5:30 p.m. Pacific). Dial 1-646-519-5860 followed by the pin code: 0971#

Join Lori Andersen, RN, for the weekly Nurses Support Call. Every week, Lori provides our callers with supportive information to maximize success with their weight loss and health goals! Be sure to listen in and participate in this inspirational call.

Doctors Support Call
Wednesday - 8:30 p.m. Eastern (5:30 p.m. Pacific). Dial 1-646-519-5860 followed by the pin code: 0971#

Listen and participate in this call, where Dr. Wayne Andersen or one of his colleagues discusses current topics regarding health and wellness and answers our callers' questions.

Nurse Support:
You can also call the nurse directly at:
(877) 270-5704.

Or email her at:
nurse@tsfl.com
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby mellowmom » July 2nd, 2006, 9:54 pm

Hi Keturah.

I'm a type 2 diabetic and have been eating/drinking/slurping all of the regular MF products EXCEPT the non-diabetic bars and shakes. Other than that I have had the hot cocoa, chai latte, cappucino, puddings and soups. My blood sugars have been "good", at least I thought they were, but that's another story and an issue I have with the doctors. I can tell you that after 3 months on MF eating both diabetic and non-diabetic products my HG 1aC was 6.5. It had been up in the 8's, and I am not on any medication.

You should probably check with your doctor, though, before trying the non-diabetic products. We're all different and maybe there is a reason you shouldn't try the regular products, but more than likely you'll be fine having them.

Good luck
Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Ketann » July 8th, 2006, 6:42 pm

Thanks, Unca, Carmel and Joan. Sorry this post is several days late... I'm also sorry to hear about your issues with the doctor, Carmel. I hope everything turns out ok for you in August. Thankfully, my Dr. is open minded about Medifast. She saw me struggle for three years trying to lose weight. Never once did she mention gastric mutilation surgery. I'm going to start calling on the conference days. I called one time when I was still very new, and the Dr. gave very good advice on some issues. I have to make a procrastinated blood work appt. as well. I'll let you know how that goes.

Hugs,
Keturah
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Diabetes