Mushrooms.. "green" or "lean" ?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Mushrooms.. "green" or "lean" ?

Postby Karli » July 2nd, 2006, 6:23 pm

I am wondering, since mushrooms are a source of protein and people often substitute them for meat, are they considered the "green" part of L/G or the "Lean" part ? I see they are listed in the "Quick Start" guide as veggies we can eat... but the question still seems pertinent.

We have stuff on the BBQ right now, and I am just trying to figure out what I am going to eat.

Any resonpse would be helpful as I can use the info in the future, too (if it happens to become after the fact for this particular L/G).

Thanks,
Karli

ps- sorry if this is in the wrong board
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » July 2nd, 2006, 6:41 pm

They are the green. I love mushrooms!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karli » July 3rd, 2006, 7:55 am

hmmm... thanks BeachBaby. I really enjoy mushrooms also :). I have become even more curious about this, though. Sometimes eating so much meat is really A LOT for me. Generally, I used to have meat in this form (just straight off the grill) once or twice a week (or sometimes not at all). But, since I started the program, I have had it every single night.

So, I am thinking. What if I substituted a Portabella mushroom for the meat one evening ? Does this work ? And then I suppose I would still need actual greens too. Maybe I should talk with Dayna, but she has been away with everyone else and I have not wanted to bother her.

Anyway, cheers :).

Karli
Karli

Postby Sarya » July 3rd, 2006, 8:22 am

They won't want you to sub with the mushroom, but you can sub with tofu, low fat cheese, boca burgers, or fish. Just make sure to get the boca burgers with the lowest amount of carbs (I think it's like 70cal and 3g carbs, but I can't remember). The quick start guide should have the amounts for the meat substitutes listed. I can't remember them offhand.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Janae » July 3rd, 2006, 8:48 am

Eggs or egg beaters/egg whites can also be a lean substitute.
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Karli » July 3rd, 2006, 3:19 pm

hmmm ... okay. Sometimes I still feel like having a good ol' vegan meal. That really sits lightly. I have a bit of a hard time with tofu it seems... hee hee. Doesn't always sit great if you know what I mean.

I wonder whether I could eat tempeh instead of tofu :mrgreen: ?

Thanks,
Karli (who has lots to learn)
Karli

Return to Weight Loss