It is currently May 18th, 2024, 1:40 pm

News News of Maintenance

Site map of Maintenance » Forum : Maintenance

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Transition Day 3

Folks,

Let me tell you, once you reach goal weight, your body REALLY needs more calories and you simply must have all your supplements on time while in transition. This is Day 3. Yesterday was shopping with my girlfriend, and she wanted to stop on the way home at a restaurant to order take out food for her dinner. This caused me a delay of about an hour in taking my supplement. I felt like ...
Read more : Transition Day 3 | Views : 760 | Replies : 4

Maintenance Musings

Since there seem to be a few of us rapidly approaching this new and scary phase in our journeys, I thought it was time to make this section of the board more active. I thought I would start things off with a few thoughts about maintenance and ideas I have for making it work.

First, I think most of us have successfully lost sometimes significant amounts of weight in the past. What none of us ...
Read more : Maintenance Musings | Views : 858 | Replies : 8

An Apple A-Day...

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) –

Modifying the consumption of different food-groups may keep body weight from creeping up over time, new research suggests.

The six-year study found that adults who boosted their intake of fruit during the research period put on less weight and body fat than those whose fruit consumption dipped. The same benefit was seen among men and women who started drinking more skim or low-fat milk, or who cut back on fatty ...
Read more : An Apple A-Day... | Views : 706 | Replies : 1

Books

Is anyone out there reading or has read in the past any good "Self help" and " Behavior modification" books? If so, could you please share them with me. I'd like to utilise the time I'm on medifast to really understand and get a grip on Emotional eating and that sort of things. I worry now, that if I don't make an effort to understand the relationship between food and emotions, I'll lose all that ...
Read more : Books | Views : 905 | Replies : 8

Inner-thoughts outloud.

A view from the other side is always welcome--and needed!

Thanks Skinny! ;)
Read more : Inner-thoughts outloud. | Views : 787 | Replies : 3

Cheesecake

I was posed with the following from a great friend that is losing a substantial amount of weight. This person is in the exact same boat as all of us. This person will see this post and any replies given it. I was granted permission to post it. I thought it was ALL of us.

Last week at work there was a birthday thing for a co-worker. There was cheesecake. There is still leftover cheesecake ...
Read more : Cheesecake | Views : 1151 | Replies : 5

Where are the ones on maintenance

Not to be rude, but I am a bit worried, NOT about losing, about KEEPING it off...seems like everyone here except for 2 or 3 are new...I would REALLY like to hear from people 1 or 2 years after...and HOW THEY DO IT....I would REALLY like some insight, don't want to go through this if all we do is gain it back....how DO we keep it off....
Sher
Read more : Where are the ones on maintenance | Views : 1143 | Replies : 3

A Questions for Mike

Hi Mike,
Just want to pick your brain a little...:)
Now that you're nearing your goal, how do you feel about going through transition and getting into maintenance?

Do you have a plan? What have you learned? What haven't you learned?

This'll be great for all our readers. Hopefully we can shed some light on life after weight loss....

Unca
Read more : A Questions for Mike | Views : 992 | Replies : 1

Maintenance

Hey, Kids ~

As you get closer to your ideal BMI, check out my November Newsletter for Transition tips.

It is time to start planning ahead and preparing for the next step in your journey to optimal health! :lol:
Read more : Maintenance | Views : 1081 | Replies : 2

Listen to your Bod

One of the first things you can do to prepare yourself for transition is to learn how to listen to your body. As you begin adding foods to your diet, take mental notes on how you feel. After a meal do you become anxious, satisfied, hungry, energized only to get drowsey, energized and a feeling of well being, happy, grumpy, etc...

These can all be signs on how our diet is affecting us. In today's ...
Read more : Listen to your Bod | Views : 871 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286