Transition Day 3

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Transition Day 3

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 20th, 2004, 12:17 pm

Folks,

Let me tell you, once you reach goal weight, your body REALLY needs more calories and you simply must have all your supplements on time while in transition. This is Day 3. Yesterday was shopping with my girlfriend, and she wanted to stop on the way home at a restaurant to order take out food for her dinner. This caused me a delay of about an hour in taking my supplement. I felt like my belly buttom was touching my backbone I was so hungry, and felt quite faintly. Stepped on the scale this morning, and I'm down 2 pounds in the last 2 days from my goal weight. They state this is normal.

I'm in Section 1 of the First Stage of Transition adding 3 - 4 oz lean meat (Butterball fat free roasted turkey slices). I'm chewing it to smithereens and drinking water as I eat it. Felt so weird to take the first bite of non MF regular food since I've been doing the complete plan since June 1. I can feel the energy boost from it immediately.

I'm still doing pilates. Walked constantly yesterday shopping with girlfriend. Man, there are now so many possibilities for me in the way of clothes now. My size 6 jeans are perfect again and I get looks now from people and hellos from passersby where I used to be ignored. Sad isn't it that weight plays such a part in our acceptance of people - a sad reality.

I'm planning on doing the Sections for a week at a time like Nancy did instead of the 3 to 4 days as the transition guide suggests. Want to make sure my metabolism is not shocked and I set it up properly to keep working as well as it has.

Make it a good day gang,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 20th, 2004, 12:54 pm

Camille ~

:yes: Good for you! I lost more weight during tranny, too. If you are hungry, have a bit more turkey for a snack or have a shake or other Medifast product if you are a starvin' Marvin.

Meal time is just as important on tranny and maintenance as it is on weight loss. I really get hungry in the middle of the night and many times I have a RTD or part of a bar about 2:30 am...Sme people have their teeth soaking in a chopper hopper next to their bed but my bedside table has a bottle of water, an RTD and a bar at the ready. I always have a couple of bars in my purse and a RTD shake so when I am doing serious shoppage (window or otherwise) the call of the food court doesn't phase me. :hmmm:

Oh, yeah! Love those size 6 jeans, too. I wish they had the size on the outside of the waistband, rather than on the inside! :roflmao:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sylvia » November 20th, 2004, 1:39 pm

Camille,

I actually have lost about 7 1/2 pounds during transition. I started about 2 weeks ago just adding veggies back (I was on the modified plan already so already eating protein and a salad). Then in the past week I've added fruit and milk and just today bread. I have continued my exercise plan as it sounds like you are.

Have fun relearning to eat!

S
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karen » November 20th, 2004, 1:48 pm

okay, I give up.... what is an RTD?hmmmmmmmm... just had a guess, "ready to drink"???
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » November 20th, 2004, 3:23 pm

Yep, you guessed correctly, it's a Ready To Drink.

RTDs come in Dutch Chocolate and French Vanilla flavors only

RTDs are dairy-free

RTDs are approved for people with diabetes

Fit! is our product line especially formulated for adolescents ages 10-16.

They are high-energy, vitamin and mineral packed products that can be used 1-3 times a day as a healthy snack or meal substitute.

Adults may use the Fit! formula RTDs also. They are virtually the same formulation with just a snort more potassium than the regular RTDs. The packaging is a bit more kid-friendly. The Fit! RTDs come in Dutch Choc and French Van flavors.

There is a slight difference in the taste of the powdered shake flavors and the flavors of the RTDs. I do not like the Medifst 55 shakes that come in the packets but I really like the French Van RTDs. Weird, eh?

RTDs do not need to be refrigerated, they come in a Tetra Pack (like a kid juice box) with an attached straw. They are sold individually (BY THE DRINK) or by the case. A case has 27 RTDs; case lots are sold at a 10% discount (that applies on all products sold by the case).
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Maintenance