An Apple A-Day...

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

An Apple A-Day...

Postby explorthis » August 17th, 2004, 9:36 am

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) –

Modifying the consumption of different food-groups may keep body weight from creeping up over time, new research suggests.

The six-year study found that adults who boosted their intake of fruit during the research period put on less weight and body fat than those whose fruit consumption dipped. The same benefit was seen among men and women who started drinking more skim or low-fat milk, or who cut back on fatty foods.

Although high-fat, Atkins-style diets have been advocated for weight loss, the new study provides evidence that over the long-term, relatively high fat intake promotes weight gain

I read very frequently diet news, what this can, what this cannot doe to you. Seems no matter the article, no matter who prints/writes it, its always 3 things:

1) Quantity
2) Quality
3) Exercise.

Atkins – hi fat? Duh, eventually leads to weight gain, like this is not common sense?

More Fruit and Veggies, causes less weight gain over time? Duh, maybe because the more you eat, the fuller you get?

However, the thought of a fruit or veggie snack, for now anyway, far under weighs the taste of a fat-boy-burger. Lest we forget, it was these items that brought us to the Leopard Woman’s site in the first place. I am the first to admit, a high fat, hi cholesterol snack sounds far better than a boring apple, banana, or stack of carrots. Heaven forbid, we even think about the health benefits of an apple, over a 12,000 calorie burger, not to mention the guilt trip that soon follows after we finish the sin.

ALAS! There is hope. There is life after Medifast. All these items are still available to you, ONCE you are finished with your Medi-trek. You will find, as you progress, after your weight loss you will chose these items more cautiously than before. Why? Because, that old saying “a moment on the lips – lifetime on the hips” Cliché? Perhaps, but soooooo true. Prove me wrong? I still partake in the occasional “sin” but this transformation that has occurred, has become partially second nature. It’s easy now to realize, the gut gets full, and sends a signal to the brain saying “FULL” weather it be a burger, or 3 apples.

Thought for today: Don’t “do over” what you can “do today” (I just made that one up)

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2004, 11:08 pm

Mike ~

I loved this line you just made up

Thought for today: Don’t “do over” what you can “do today” (I just made that one up)

So true.

What can we do to get you foody folks out there to understand that those fetching foods will still be available - oh, they are out there - ONCE you reach your goal weight.

[color=The freshness code on Hostess Twinkies is not going to expire this week; the chain of Cheesecake Factories around the country are not going to close their doors this coming Friday; pizza, popcorn and polish on rye will still be hawked at the next ball game.

A momentary delay results in the healthier weigh!

Yes, we DO eat cookies, candy, pie. We just do NOT eat them every day. We do eat apples and asparagus.

Some of you are following the Dr. Angus Diet - you are scarfing burgers and boxes of fries, pies and cookies at will and then you wonder why you are not at your goal weight.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Maintenance