Sunday Morning Roll Call, November 28, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, November 28, 2004

Postby LongWay2go » November 28th, 2004, 5:57 am

Can it be - we are here - after Thanksgiving and less than a month from Christmas??? What a whirlwind of a year!

I have another 3 to report this week which I'm actually very pleased with given the circumstances. Not only did I survive "turkey day" intact - my family actually cooked healthier choices than the traditional calorie/carb laden faire, but I also acted responsibly, doing exactly what I said I would do. It helps to plan ahead!

The other issue which I had not reported to the group but did discuss privately with the fabulous LW and Mike was that on Monday my doctor informed me that the extreme light-headedness I had been experiencing for several weeks was due to, in his opinion, the soy protein base of my diet. So it became necessary this week for me to switch to a modified plan until my next order, when I can order the whey protein based products. Many thanks to LW and Unca for the information they provided, and to Mike for being my "rock" of support! I don't know what I would have done without them. They provided better information than my doctor did, honestly!

I wish everyone well this week and most especially would like to welcome Marsailles back, once again! We've missed you!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » November 28th, 2004, 8:16 am

It's that time of the week again... :)

Congrats Spidey for your loss! And I'm glad to hear you are taking care of yourself, adding in a lean & green meal. Who knows, you may lose more! Bodies can be weird sometimes. In any case, applause to you for tweaking this to keep you on the path to Thindom!

Somehow, I managed to drop 4.5 pounds from last Sunday! Egads! I'm as surprised as anyone else. (I think part of it was the womanly water monthly dump-off really.) But hey, I'll take it!

I really am forcing myself to drink 8 cups of water a day (plus the shakes, oatmeal, etc.) I keep repeating "It's good for me, it's good for me..."

One more pound to get into the 20 Pound Club... Mmmm, can't wait! :mrgreen:

Today I clean up my apartment, and go out for a bit of shopping, or should that be Shopping with a capital S? Shhh, but next week I might go on my first date, ever. Holy cow, who knew it could be so terrifying?! Sure, I've dated before, but only people I knew as friends first. So... I have been trying to stay cool about this, but my mind is running a bazillion miles a minute. Deep breaths... I guess it's not really "blind" because we both have pictures of each other, but I do not have any current photos that show me at my lovely 197 pounds. Only about 160 in the pic. Hmmm, is 37 pounds a deal-breaker? ;) Guess we'll find out. And the last thing I want to do is APOLOGIZE in advance for my weight, yuck.

But yowsa, this man is hot. And very smart, and funny. (Blast it.)

Dating, scarier than any horror movie? Oh yeah. :twisted:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » November 28th, 2004, 8:58 am

Good Morning All!
I have lost 3 this week so that makes 33 pounds gone in 6 weeks as of tomorrow!! YEAH!!
I made it through Thanksgiving dinner by eating mostly the good stuff,
with just a spoon size serving of potatoes and stuffing, then I hit the park for a heavy duty sprint while my family snoozed :D
Spidey, I am so glad that you wre able to figure out a way to deal with your health issues. You are an inspiration to me!
Berkshire Girl, How exciting a date with someone you think is a hottie!!
You just show how confident and great you really are and he will be quite impressed with you inside and out!
Great job to all the losers during a tough and challenging week!
Shrink aka Mary
324/291/180
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 28th, 2004, 9:05 am

Mary,

I know we've not "chatted" directly before, but I want you to know that as with all the board members, I've got my eye on you too! I want to congratulate you for something big. Do you realize that you are 20% of the way to your goal weight? You are taking names and kicking butt! Keep up the excellent progress! Congratulations Mary!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » November 28th, 2004, 9:59 am

:walk:

Movin' right along......

I'm down two more pounds this week, putting me at 239 and it's as if my body is just TEASING ME with the sixty-pound club just out of reach! LOL

I'm glad to see you all survived Thansgiving! It wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be! I had less than two tablespoons of stuffing--I measured out that amount, then my youngest sat on my lap during the meal and begged for bites! LOL
I also had the turkey (roasted) and steamed broccoli, then I fixed pie for the kids and allowed one SLIVER--as in, just enough to coat the tines of the fork--of my mom's lemon pie for me to taste.
I hadn't planned to have a taste of pie or any amount of stuffing, so it's irritating that when in the face of family frivolity, I relaxed so much that I allowed those things, but it's over and done and I've been 100% compliant since then, so I suppose there was no damage done!
Lucky me!
Sixty-pound club, I PLAN TO SEE YOU NEXT SUNDAY!!
:whip:

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » November 28th, 2004, 10:47 am

You are all doing great!

Good for you! The FORK did not win; you are in control.

Berk, no apologies - don't even go there, Girl! You are enjoying the beauty of this very day, the excitement of living life to its fullest and then looking ahead toward a healthy and wholesome future! :lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 28th, 2004, 11:23 am

Morning Gang!

Can I still weigh in here since I'm in transition? I'm down 4 pounds to 121 lbs now in the middle of my second week of transition. Success in a Shaker Jar says this is normal, and Sylvia also lost too once she went into transition. Feeling fabulous. Congrats to all the rest of you for your progress and good behavior this week. Being Thanksgiving week, it's to be especially commended. Sarah, just be your funny beautiful self on your date and he'll find you irresistable. Yes, remember to breath. Act "as if" he's your best friend to help you relax. Hope you have a very easy fun time.

Feeling fabulous,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby shineface » November 28th, 2004, 1:22 pm

Hello all you Lovely Losers!!!

I can't tell you how good it feels to check into roll call after my long absence. I just got in from being away in Southborough, MA visiting my brother and family and Kennebunk, ME spending time with my sister and family -----I had TWO THANKSGIVINGS--- because my sister and her family weren't going up to their place in ME until Friday--- she decided to move the holiday ----BUT GUESS WHAT?????????????????

I ran in the house just now and weighed in at 237!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put me down for a 10 pound loss since the 23rd when I restarted -- :yes: -- I know a lot of it is water but I feel back on track and really needed this!!!!! I've always done the 5 & 1 and stayed away from all bread and sweets, etc... so even though I ate a little extra turkey & veggies I did OK - thanks GOD... OK so straight 5/1 & 1 lean & green from now on---- YAHOO!!!!!!!

Way to go Gerald- nice save on the medical issues... support and good information will make or break a plan - I know it--- and you are doing awesome.

Ladies - you are great and my inspiration - posting, shaking, losing and sharing--- thank you all for being here.

Happy Day!!!!

PS UNCA TIM PLEASE SLIDE ME INTO THE 50 POUND CLUB!

:goteam:

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MomJackieLee » November 28th, 2004, 2:28 pm

Today is day three for me, so no true weigh in. I have lost a pound so I can legally stay in the 30# club now. Hope to hit the 40lb club in the next few weeks and I want to be "under 200" by the end of the year. Great losses, everyone!!! :mrgreen:
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

weighing in

Postby Hotchick » November 28th, 2004, 7:15 pm

:oops:
Seems I missed roll call this am...actually posted in the wrong spot...
I'll get the hang of this...eventually. I posted under weigh-in but I am down 8 lbs in 5 days... :yay:
Glad to see everyone survived T day-I did very well...had my turkey and only a table spoon of some of the trimmings....Christmas will be so much sweeter, and we will All be that much thinner! :-P

There are a few of you from around where I grew-up Templeton MA-Northern Worcester County... Now living in Albany NY--any local folks around?
:?:
Talk to you all next sunday if not sooner....
terri
Hotchick

Postby Unca_Tim » November 28th, 2004, 7:22 pm

Hi Terry and welcome to the Forum,
Just wanted to let you know, if you're going to be a regular poster and would like to be able to join the weight clubs, you'll have to register. Just click the little "Register" button at the bottom of the page and add your screename and password. You can add anything else later, if you want to customize things or add a signature.

We're unable to add goal club stats to un-registered users. There's also a few things you can't see when you're not logged in like signatures. It makes the forum a little more interesting.

Unca
Last edited by Unca_Tim on November 28th, 2004, 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

registering

Postby hotchick » November 28th, 2004, 7:37 pm

Thanks Unca...
Just registered before I read your message... Wondered how to get my stuff on the record... :lol:
I do plan on being a regular...I have been inspired :)
this is such a great thing...I love to chat with folks on line...It's even more wonderful that I can chat with others like myself...As I read others postings.. I think "boy you can say that again" or I know just how they feel. :thumbsup:
I have struggled with my weight since I was 8 yrs old...now at the age of 43- :shock: I am tired of carrying around the extra poundage
hotchick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Carrie » November 29th, 2004, 6:43 am

Here I am again with my normal late posting - I haven't been here in a WEEK - that story later.

I weighed in this morning at 202.6. I'm having 'twilight zone' diet weeks. Last week the scale was up from the 202.6 a couple pounds but I could feel that my body was smaller. This week the scale has gone back down, but I feel bigger - and my clothes are snugger - SOoooooooooo.......I'm in some sort of seesawing mode right now.

On to the other stuff - last Monday after another sleepless night from ear/throat pain (which I attributed to my allergies) I gave in and went to the Dr's office to discover that I had an inner ear infection. I've been on antibiotics for 7 days now and have done nothing but sleep! I wake up from a nap and an hour later need another one. I'm hoping I can get through my work day today.

Needless to say I am really looking forward to putting these last few weeks of health issues behind me and dropping some more weight, it's definitely TIME!

Congrats to everyone for successfully negotiating Thanksgiving, I'm very proud of all of you and apologize for not being around more (I was in bed snoozing!)

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2004, 9:17 am

Carrie ~

:byebye: Hooray! Glad to hear that you are on the mend!

Wake up! :snooze: You are about to slide under the 200 pound mark - that's NO TWILIGHT ZONE! :hmmm:

Weigh to go!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Karen » November 29th, 2004, 2:44 pm

hey everyone! Sounds like everyone made it through the holiday w/e without the usual 3=5 pound gain of Thanksgivings past. I am happy to report a loss this week of 6.7 pounds! Thanks to all of you, who kept on posting and sharing. Reading on here really does make a difference. Now. what are the tricks for getting through Christmas without all the candy, cakes and special goodies I have ALWAYS done.???Can I really do without them? My list of christmas get togethers (all concerning FOOD), will start this weekend and go through New Years.
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to Roll Call