Sunday Morning Roll Call, November 21, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby Simmshe » November 22nd, 2004, 5:22 pm

Boy, am I late--got here as fast I could :burnout: ! I was a virtual vegetable this whole weekend after my ridiculously long workweek last week!

Good job everyone--newbies, long-timers, and everyone in between! And a big congrats to you Gerald on losing 80 big ones--I hope to be right behind you in the 80-pound club this week so save me a seat :)!

As for me, I'm virtually the same as last week (down a pound since last roll call, been at 258lbs since Monday before last). I'm still in my holding pattern--having only lost 3lbs over the past two weeks, which were really lost more than 8 days ago. So, I'm just waiting (and not too contentedly, might I add--I need a little bit of Susanna's positive attitude about weight holding ;)) for the losing to begin again this week. I'm one of those people who update my numbers as soon as they change (too impatient and excited to wait until roll call), so if I start losing, you all will see some numbers dropped in my sig.

Anyways, keep it up everyone! Carrie, I hope to see you under 200lbs by next roll call--you can do it :)! I've noticed that shifting, for me, precedes a drop on the scale--so, I bet the drop is coming!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » November 22nd, 2004, 5:33 pm

Whew! Glad ya cleared that up for me 'cuz I was picturing a green guy with a fuzzy belly!

:roflmao:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 23rd, 2004, 5:19 am

Thanks Sheryl, what a thrill it will be to have you a new member of our exclusive 80# club this week! Unca, change my club status please!

We had a sort of "corporate celebration" last night (that big deal I've alluded to lately, keeping my from posting much) at a fancy-smancy restaurant in Boston. The staff was pretty miffed at me for asking they make me a "special" salad that didn't have goat cheese, roasted nuts, etc in it. I'd actually planned to have a green salad with a sprinkling of grilled chicken on it, but they didn't have chicken. None! Kobe steak, yes. Venison, yes. Exotic seafood, yes. Chicken, not one drop! So it ended up just being a relatively plain salad.

The manager actually came by and asked, rather insulted, if their food was not "good enough" for me. I explained to him that I was on a special diet and could not eat the "delicious looking" food they had on their menu then suggested he offer healthy alternatives for people who needed them. He sneered at me the rest of the night but hey, we spent $400 on that meal and I thought I should be able to order anything I wanted that was in their capacity to make!

The point of this long-winded story is that I had a horrible time finding something to wear. Same situation as before. I was digging through three closets trying to find a respectable pair of pants and shirt that I could wear to a snobby restaurant. I ended up settling for some black jeans that I've never been able to wear since I bought them. The problem was, they were HUGE and when I say huge, I mean as in at least 8 inches of open air in the waist. I literally had to hike them up to just under my chest and strap them on with a tight belt. The shirt - I had to roll the cuffs up once so my hands would stick out the bottom of the sleeve. I looked like a clown dressed me, but I didn't care! Anyway, had a great time and just wanted to share the experience.

So LW, it looks like I'll be in sweats and a tee shirt when I see you in Baltimore in a couple weeks. I don't have anything else to wear that will stay on my body! (hehe)

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby RavenKat » November 23rd, 2004, 5:46 am

LOL! Sorry to laugh but I can picture you in these huge pants and a snooty chef copping attitude. What a load! I would have told him that most of the ingredients would have put you into anaphalactic shock and if he insisted on serving it to you that you would be more than happy to sue him once they injuected adrenaline directly into your heart.
I never COULD stand restaurant people that think they are better than you - or at least act that way. If you were J-Lo they'd be bending over backwards to adjust your salad and let you pay $400 for it. You want African cicadas? no problem!

Can youtell I've had some coffee this morning? ;)

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 23rd, 2004, 6:08 am

Morning Kat,

The waitress (should I say "server"?) had an attitude all night too. We finally called her on it. Specifically, I said to her, "are you usually this clumsy and forgetful or are you having a bad day?" Then I laughed. At that point she had knocked over a wine glass, a water glass and forgotten two of the tapis dishes we ordered. She lightened up a bit after that and apologetically said that she'd been working 8 hours already and was just tired. I didn't mention that I work 12-15 hours a day 7 days a week. I didn't want to send her over the edge! As it was, I figured our food probably was "extra seasoned" after that, if you get my drift! Fortunately I already had my salad. (hehe)

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Nancy » November 23rd, 2004, 11:21 am

Spidey ~

Wow! This is a
REALLY BIG HAIRY DEAL - 80 Pounds Buh Bye! :byebye: :wave: :byebye: :wave::byebye: :wave:

Sorry that there were some who attempted to rob you of your joy.

May the Fat Fairy visit them all and :whip: clobber them abundantly with cellulite!

Yahoo for you! Hey, why didn't you have that Kobe steak or venison? That would have been perfectly 'legal' ya know - grilled fish is great on a salad, too. Or shellfish - Yum!

So, ya got nuthin' to wear, eh? :question: Guess you could wear a bed sheet and a eucalyptus leaf crown and go ala Julius Caesar. As you melt away, your closet will be like Old Mother Hubbard's, Spidey - isn't this the greatest thing? There's magic in those little packets of Medifast!

:shock: Yikes! We're gonna meet in less than two weeks! :scratchhead: Hmmm..maybe I need to do a little shoppage for something new to wear!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LongWay2go » November 23rd, 2004, 11:44 am

hehe

Time for LW to go boot shopping, I think! (Sorry Terry, but she MUST have them!)

I wish I'd know about that steak! Maybe I'll go back ;)

~Spidey
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 23rd, 2004, 11:53 am

Gerald,

Great story. Yes, people should be nicer to one another and more understanding. I think it's great you gave them a reality check. Especially the waitress. I have a similar phrase I mention to people who are giving horrible service: "Are you in a bad mood or are you always like this?" It shocks them right out of that attitude. We don't realize sometimes how terrible we're behaving caught in the doldrums of our jobs while having to deal with personal troubles. Many don't realize their own offensive manners because they're so engrossed in other problems. Usually they appreciate it, and their attitude improves. I've had people while apologizing actually thank me for bringing it to their attention. We're only human, and sometimes life gets tough. I think it's a little way of helping each other get along.

Well mister, you've just gotten too little for your britches! You better get out there and improve the economy with some new duds.

You're super inspiring Spidey!
Bless ya,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 23rd, 2004, 12:26 pm

Yeah, well your our Hawaiian Godess, oh great one who has reached goal!

:thumbig:
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby shineface » November 24th, 2004, 4:24 pm

You guys are awesome - I can't wait to get back to the SUnday roll call!!!

Gerald you are amazing - I have been reading your posts and you add so much to the forum - I'm glad you are here -selfishly... I know a good thing when I see it and you are right up there MR.MF... brother to GUIDO.

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby LongWay2go » November 24th, 2004, 5:03 pm

Thank you Pam, and welcome back! I remember you from when I first started back in early August. You were an inspiration to me and I'm glad to know, I can be one for you too!

~Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Previous

Return to Roll Call