Sunday Morning Roll Call, November 07, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby LongWay2go » November 9th, 2004, 7:11 am

What a great week, and welcome to the new members! Luna, gr8views, Mrsshrinkinglady and all! Thanks to all for your encouragement and kindness. What a fantastic journey we are on and the rewards are unimaginally wonderful! I look back on my 12 weeks and cannot even believe I am so different than I was when I started. It is so wonderful to live again!

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Crystal » November 9th, 2004, 9:14 am

Hello Everyone! What a great week we all had!! Everyone seems to be doing well. Last week was a good one for me also! I lost 4 more pounds, bringing my total loss so far to 10 lbs in two weeks! :yippee: This is a big deal to me because this weekend was my oldest son's birthday party, yet I chose to stay on track and not cheat. WOW, what a great feeling!! I am just so excited! I can do this! Medifast makes it so easy for me!
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 9th, 2004, 9:47 am

Crystal ~

:yippee: Yabba Dabba Medidoo! Yes! :yes:

It is a choice! ;) and you chose correctly! ;)

It may have been your son's birthday :candle: but it was also yours:

the birth of the realization that Medifast works for you and that you can make it work in difficult times. That gives you confidence that once you get to your goal weight, that you will be able to make disciplined good food choices again and again. :cool:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby susan » November 9th, 2004, 10:09 am

greatlosss,gang
I stayed the same. :(
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Crystal » November 9th, 2004, 10:11 am

Well, it was pretty interesting. ;) I chose to do some things that would help me out. I usually make everything myself...cookies, cake, snacks. Fearing this would prove too great a temptation, I just bought everything I needed from the store...I don't care for those things as much, so not as great a temptation. Plus, I told my sister last week about starting this plan, and doing whatever I have to to get this weight off in the next few months....and she holds me to it!! Self-control is her middle name. If I had even tried to eat something not on the plan, she would have called me on it, and not let me have it. She can be really helpful that way. She should be handy to have around during this holiday season. These two choices helped me stay on track!! I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!! :lol:

Crystal :grin:
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi All and Congratulations to everyone!!!!!

Postby JeweloftheNile » November 9th, 2004, 1:17 pm

I didnt weigh or measure this week, so I will check in next Tuesday.
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » November 9th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Whew! So MUCH flab gone this week ALONE on this board! Amazing!

I realize I am late to the party--this week has a stranglehold on me for SOME reason, but I can post my Sunday weight of 245, a *mere* but very very appreciated one pound loss from last Sunday!

See you next week, people!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby fedup » November 9th, 2004, 5:56 pm

I'm really really late gang! My official weigh ins are Monday mornings so I usually post then but I didn't have work yesterday due to Veterans Day so the day flew by. All week I kind of stayed the same, down a tiny bit, was hoping for a last night miracle on Sunday but no such luck! So, only down 1 pound this week. Ah well, I remember last month when I had a 1.5 pound week, and followed it up with 2 amazing 4 and 5 pound weeks respectively! So I gotta feeling the next 2 weeks are gonna be great! I think all the stress I was under last week didn't help. I didn't cheat at all, but can't stress make it hard for the body to release weight? I thought I heard that somewhere... something to do with cortisol and belly fat. (So see, it's not that I ate too much in the past, I was just too stressed! ;) )
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » November 10th, 2004, 12:25 am

Christy ~

You are doing just fine and as you continue to record your weight, I think you will soon discover your body's weight loss pattern. Once it is established and you know that you have been program-compliant, when you have one of those slower weight loss weeks, there is no reason to have a hissy over it or experience an emotional outburst - no pouting! You will recognize the fluctuation for what it is - just your body's pattern.

Stress definitely affects weight loss. See my April 2003 Newsletter http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-april-newsletter.htm
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby fedup » November 10th, 2004, 8:52 am

I was thinking the same thing about my weight loss "pattern", but it sure is nice to hear it from someone else too! I know last month I had a slow week, followed by 2 great ones... I'm just shakin away, no cheating and trying to up the exercise a bit. I'm already down another 1.5 pounds since Monday morning as of this morning, so I think this week may be a good one! (Don't want to jinx myself though, so maybe I shouldn't say that!) I really do think that stress last week didn't help... I'm gonna read your newsletter soon as I'm done typing! The stress continues this week, this time from home, but I'm trying to not let it get to me... (deep breathing, etc...) At least this time around when the stress is hitting, I'm not tempted to eat. That's progress huh?
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Progress!

Postby gr8views » November 10th, 2004, 9:51 am

Not being tempted to eat is REAL PROGRESS! Good choice!!

I know that learning how to handle stress in a way other than eating is a true accomplishment and something I want to work toward. Food is comfort, food is my friend when everyone else is against me, etc. has been my mantra for too many years. I want to grow up to be just like you! Someone who can handle stress in a healthy way, maybe taking a walk, working out, or talking to someone who can keep you on the straight and narrow by putting everything into perspective.

Way to go, Christy! :yes:
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby fedup » November 11th, 2004, 8:08 am

gr8views- you crack me up! :hatch: "I wanna be like you when I grow up!" haha... I am glad that I haven't given in to the food comfort during all the stress lately, and it IS a big accomplishment isn't it! Maybe even a bigger accomplishment than the lost pounds. I know I'm not there yet, and it's a long road, but I feel like I'm on the right path to eating for the right reasons... eat when hungry, even taste something because it looks so good and you want to try the flavor (I think it's perfectly okay to enjoy food and still be smart about it.)... but do not eat to compensate for everything going wrong, things people say, etc... This is my mantra for that beautiful day when I reach maintenance. I hope I have the strength to remember it forever, and I will remind myself every day! And if not, I plan to keep posting here and I'm sure others will remind me too!
Christy 5'5" age-34
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » November 11th, 2004, 3:54 pm

Yup, food is merely the fuel we need to do all the :shades: cool things in life!

Enjoy the thinning process, People. It is a process. A way of becoming brand new.

We are learning a new way to think about ourselves, a new way to think about food, a new way to deal with the emos * of life and new ways to live.

:buddies: Live it up! :heart: Love it up! Buddy up! :stroll: Life is to be enjoyed - every part of it.

There can be :boing: great joy in learning the healthy lessons along the way as we get thinner. When we look for the good lessons, even seemingly unplesant tasks such as saying :wavie: buh-bye to our former :tears: foody friends, the weight loss process that never seems to go quite as :burnout: fast as we want it to can truly become a wonderful experience.

Enjoy! :cheermed:

*emotions
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sudaoning » November 14th, 2004, 5:03 pm

Spidey That is SOOOOOO wonderful!
By the thime the weather is good again you will be ready for that recumbent bike!
Things are changing so rapidly for you!
All the new faces here!
I have not been "gone" only waaayyyy busy. my household size has increased by one with the "temporary" homecoming of my eldest son. crazyness has reigned in many areas lately.
I admit a sturggle with hunger on lots of occasions and with the desire to eat even though not hungry. I have indulged in occasional "extras" that I should not have, but only meat and vaggies. For the most part, though I have remained on track. I guess part of the desire to "cheat" stems from the the very SLOW rate of loss I have been experiencing. With lots of bouncing up and down a few pounds.
At any rate, I am at a 42 pound loss and continuing.
Glad to see some of the same faces and lots of new ones! Camille you must be sooo slim and beautiful! I can feel the excitement here of dropping all that flabbage. You guys are awesome!

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » November 15th, 2004, 9:44 am

Donna,

While you have made some better choices by having protein and veggies when the desire for food has come your way, don't give in to those extra portions.

If you have had cravings, I wonder if you have been eating all of your meals on time? Have you increased your exercise of late? Getting plenty of rest - that may be the culprit if you are experiencing some added stress with your son's return.

Drinking plenty of water? If you are hungry, have another shake rather than more meat and veggies.

You indicated that your weight loss has slowed down a bit and it is not uncommon when a person reaches 40-50 pounds for a temporary readjustment of the body.

Take your measurements - they are getting smaller. Just keep plugging along and do the right things, day in and day out. Very soon your weight will begin to drop again and you will enjoy the benefits of doing the right things now.

Keep a journal of your mealtimes and food consumed then analyze it. Food cravings rarely return when a person is following the protocol correctly.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Roll Call