Sunday Morning Roll Call, November 14, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby Carrie » November 16th, 2004, 6:20 am

Hi Guys,

I'm even later than usual to roll call this week. I have no loss to report this week, in fact I have a small gain (less than 2 pounds).

I'm having a problem with my allergies. They reared their ugly head about a month ago and were bad for a week or so, then I had a few days where I felt fine. Mid-last-week they came on full blown again. I went to the Doc and am trying a new medicine, but not seeing much results from it. Every day my ears and throat are sore, I feel feverish and can't sleep from all the sinus stuff (so just generally miserable). Doc wanted me to go off MF for a while and work on building my immune system (drinking lots of OJ, things like that.) I have done that, though honestly I don't think it's helped. I've somehow managed to keep the gain to under 2 pounds, but of course this has messed with my goal of being under 200 for my birthday this Friday. I was 203.8 this morning. It's a bummer, but I'm choosing to look at it as 'just one of those things that happens'. This one was out of my control (unless I would've just ignored the Doc).

This too shall pass and I'll get back to some nice losses.

Congrats to everyone on their great weeks, and to our continued resolve to persevere.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fedup » November 16th, 2004, 8:28 am

Carrie- hope your feeling better soon! I know what it's like to have the allergies hit! No fun at all :cry:

Karen- What a great first week! I lost the exact same amount of weight my 1st week, and I too weigh in on Monday mornings. I started on a Monday and that's my weekly day. I just post here first thing Monday! Keep up the great work.

Great work everyone! we're getting there! :D
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 16th, 2004, 12:03 pm

Carrie,

Bless your heart. Hope your head clears soon. Sinus problems can be such a nuisance - Nancy knows this too.

Nancy, we don't have a Victoria's Secret store here so I need to visit their web site when I have some free time.

Let's make it a good week everybody! :goteam:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Simmshe » November 16th, 2004, 4:30 pm

You're welcome Sarah--glad you're here :). And yep, I guess Medifast is the host :lol:. That wedding theme just came to my mind as I was typing the other day. I think because I look at committing to my plan like committing to a marriage--I am married to this right now and will see it through :). Anyways, I hope you're having a great week!

Thanks for the advice Nancy :). I've been having 5-6 supplements on most days lately, but I'm sure to have 6 everyday now! Coincidentally, sleep deprivation is one my biggest "eat" triggers, so my brain has been a bit more hungry in the evenings. But since I know the "why," I know how to deal with this. Anticipation is probably one of the best tools in my arsenal right now. I had been way overdoing the sugar-free Orbitz gum (my second favorite gum--my favorite I have had to completely ban, the Carefree Koolers gum--oh my God--I chewed 30 pieces (three packs) of this in one day a few days ago :shock:--the flavor burst is incredible :tongue:; but the brain craves carbs or/and sweets when it's being forced to stay awake beyond it's limits and I know this very intimately!). Anyways, I'm on top of this, whenever I see something getting out of hand (like those darned Caramel Nut bars :x that have been banned for two months now), I nip it ;).

Have some downtime here on job #2, so I'll try to catch up as much as possible on the forum tonight (work permitting, of course).

Carrie, sorry to hear about your allergy problems--I know your pain, as I'm an asthmatic who often suffers from bad sinus/allergy problems sometimes. Hope you feel better soon--nasal problems sure cause misery! And even though you will miss making your birthday goal by a few pounds, you still have so much to be happy for and celebrate--you've done so well :hug:!

Later guys!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Alicia40 » November 16th, 2004, 10:52 pm

Hey there everyone just want to make a report on my progress this far. I started on 11/5/04 and am down 7 lbs. I cannot believe it. I have not been faithful and if not have cheated it may have been more. I am happy with my progress this far and so I will put in my second order for my MF products. I was feeling skepitical but realize its my old way of doing things thats wants to mess me up . I need to stick with this and I totally love the convenience of not having to make a lunch in the morning. I just grab the packets and go, how easy is that. I heard someone say here, cannot remember who it was because I do more reading that posting it seems, she said will what I do/eat/have now help me in my long term goal. I keep trying to remember that!
Peace & Blessings,
Alicia

Start: 11/05/04
Alicia40

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » November 18th, 2004, 7:44 pm

I know it's practically time for the NEXT weigh in, but I finally made it over to post my weigh in for last Sunday. 241! That's 4 pounds down from the previous Sunday, and within spittin' distance of the 60 pound club!

Have a great week everyone! I'm off to catch up on the other forums!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » November 18th, 2004, 11:51 pm

Susanna ~

That's outstanding news! :kool:

You are just around the corner from kissing the 40's buh-bye! :byebye:

Can't wait until Sunday! :exercise: