Sunday Morning Roll Call, November 14, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, November 14, 2004

Postby gr8views » November 14th, 2004, 6:46 am

Where is everyone??

Well, I'll start. My VERY FIRST roll call!

I lost 8 pounds my first week and am very happy with that progress! My expectations are sound; I know I won't lose that much every week!

I also said goodbye to the flabby 240s! Woo Hoo!

Diane
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » November 14th, 2004, 7:46 am

Gr8views, that is AWESOME! 8 pounds gone! Wowie! :yippee: You are doing so well, and I am excited about watching you slim down to even Gr8ERviews ;)

I myself am at 202 and holding from Friday - so down 5 pounds from last Sunday. I'm feeling a bit poofy though so I expect some water to evaporate soon and leave behind some smaller numbers on the scale. We shall see... Meanwhile I am drinking all the water I can get my paws on :guzzle:

I'm REALLY looking forward to hitting 199 and under... have not seen under 200 on my bod since May!

And under 190, well, not since April 2003! Eeep! :redhead:

It's amazing (and depressing!) how I got used to being so heavy. Like it was no big deal to have aches and pains just getting out of bed in the morning or climbing stairs. Or to have pounds of arm blubber. It's like my self-perception just shut off as I gained more and more. Well, I'm telling ya, THIS TIME I am very aware of how my body feels and it is feeling better and better! And I am not going to let it all get fatted up again.

Life is short. Why be fat?
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » November 14th, 2004, 8:06 am

Good morning, friends. I'm the confused one, remember?? So much potential, so little direction right now, but I'm still cognizant and still interested in solving my foodie problem.

I decided I'd start the day with a shake, largely because I made a fairly large investment into a new blender last night and it only seems logical to try to use it for "shakes" if I bought it.

Frankly, 140 feels rather voluptuous and I'm not into voluptuous, so I'd better work at getting duckies in a row, if I can. Well, I "can", the problem is whether I'll consistently-enough "want to". I'm sure much of this sounds like nonsense to people engaged in the success-part of the program.

So, let's keep reaching for what does our bodies the most justice..... Have a good week, everyone.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 14th, 2004, 11:07 am

Good Sunday morning all!

Nothing to report here this week. Holding steady - 3 pounds to go until goal. My devotion is steadfast Thanks to this forum, prayers daily, and MF being such a great tasting food product.

Today I'm going to get something new to wear and the first place I plan to get it is at Victoria's Secret. Because I can and I deserve it! Life is short, let's live!!!

Congratulations all on being accountable, getting back on the train, sticking with the plan, and for sharing here which starts the circle of motivation.

Here's to shaking our weigh to better bodies and minds!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby RavenKat » November 14th, 2004, 11:09 am

Hey all!

Here's another "confused" medifaster. ;)

I lost 6 pounds this week. Back to 193. I hope to be on a roll - keep good thoughts coming my way, please.

Good job gr8views and BerkshireGrl!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Durch - I hear ya and send my own good thoughts your way. :star:

Kat
Last edited by RavenKat on November 15th, 2004, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Simmshe » November 14th, 2004, 8:38 pm

Hey, what's with this small roll call :)?? Where is everyone else :scratch:? I hope everyone is doing well, or close to getting there :).

My head is about to hit the pillow in a minute, been a long day (how about a long week is more like it!), and tomorrow begins my 15-hour work days (working two jobs for the next three weeks :nutz:), so I'm trying to get a headstart on sleep for the week!

Anyways, this was/is an Aunt flo week for me, (I'm also into my familiar weight hold pattern--where my weight holds for 10-14 days), but I'm still down two pounds this week (been the same weight for 10 days now). I'm looking forward to starting to drop again later in the week--just have to wait and see what happens :).

Well, nice going everyone--congrats on your losses and for getting back on track!

Camille, I can't wait to celebrate with you when you reach your goal, although I have to say that I'm already very happy for you and feeling celebratory :cheers:!

Kat, so glad that you are going strong after having a rough time lately--180s are only a matter of DAYS for you now :)!

Sarah and Diane, great job you two are doing, and LOVE the energy and participation that you bring to the forum! Sorry for my late welcome, but if you've read any of my posts from the last month, you know that my life's been a bit helter skelter and I haven't been able to post as much as I used to (God, this should be changing soon, after a few more weeks !). Anyways, keep up the good work :).

Alrighty, gotta run now. I'll post a couple more messages and then it's light's out for me!

Have a great week everyone! If last week wasn't so great, dust it off your shoulders and begin anew!! We all can do this! Who cares if it takes twenty tries until it "clicks"? Just don't give up on yourself. If we want to improve our health/lives and commit to this--we will have it. Let's keep committing to ourselves, committing to sticking to our plans--for better or worse, in sickness and in health, at a restaurant with family or over Thanksgiving dinner--till our goal do we meet! I'm pronouncing myself thin and healthy, guys--what say you :)?

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » November 15th, 2004, 3:42 am

Sheryl, thanks for the welcome! :wave: This place has been a gigantic help to me, so anything I can do to return the favor! :)

Wow, 15 hour days for 3 weeks?! You are an Amazon woman! :weightlift: I hope you got a ton of good quality rest last night to help get you through this... a 2 pound loss is super when it's that ol' time of the month!

Let's keep committing to ourselves, committing to sticking to our plans--for better or worse, in sickness and in health, at a restaurant with family or over Thanksgiving dinner--till our goal do we meet! I'm pronouncing myself thin and healthy, guys--what say you :)?
Sheryl

I :heart: love :heart: this hehehe! I guess MF is catering the reception? ;)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » November 15th, 2004, 5:57 am

Morning all,

Wow, such big losers this week! That's incredible, and not the movie either! I have another 3 pounds to report this week. Might have been 4, but Mr. Scale couldn't make up his mind so I'll report the 3 and be done with it. Was out of town yesterday, so I apologize for reporting a day late. Next week I'll be in the 80# club! Yipee!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby fedup » November 15th, 2004, 8:00 am

Howdy All! Great shakin everyone! I'm down 4# this week! Yippee!! Scale says 163... watch out 30# club, I'm coming! :lol:

I think I'm learning how my body loses... I have 2 good weeks, then a lower weight loss week, followed by 2 more good weeks... I'll have to keep monitoring to be sure, but this month is following last month's pattern so far!

I know what you mean spidey... some days that scale just can't decide on the number can it! I step on and off 20 times to get an "average" (Then if it's a little higher then the first time I'm mad at myself for stepping back on! ;) )
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Good Morning All!

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » November 15th, 2004, 8:06 am

:) Great job everyone!!!
I have lost 3 more pounds this week,which seems to be my average,after that first week.
That brings me to 26 pounds lost my first month!!!!!!!!! :) :D :D :D !!!
I am very happy with these results!!
Yesterday I had my first MF root beer float and it was awesome!!
Tasted like the real thing to me(add lots of ice) I used the diet A&W and vanilla shake and I was a happy camper!!
Ok Off to work I go HI HO HI HO :D
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
324/298/180
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Crystal » November 15th, 2004, 10:59 am

WOW!! :bouncie: Everyone is doing so well...Congratulations, everyone, and keep up the great work! :cleader: I am only down 2 lbs since last Sunday. But, those two pounds did allow me to say :byebye: to the 150's!! I'm not too :( , though, I almost expected it because I have been very sick, and have not been drinking as much water as I have become used to, and was not able to get in all of my supplements for the last couple of days due to the fact that I was :snooze: a lot! But, I am feeling better now, and am back on track, drinking lots of water , and looking forward to a bigger loss this week!
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JeweloftheNile » November 15th, 2004, 2:14 pm

JOTN Checking in to say Congrats to all you losers, and I'm looking forward to posting either tomorrow or wednesday. I do an official weekly weigh in with a PT.

This is a great place to be on Monday because I am so pumped for the rest of the week! You guys are great motivational caring people!

That Root Beer MF sounds great and I think I will have that when I get Home!
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 15th, 2004, 2:28 pm

Hey, hey, hey, every thinning bodies!

What a successful week! Kudos to everyone for sticking with your meal plans!

Yeah! Newbies, you are doing a super job. :thumbig:

Long-timers, VICTORY is just around the corner! :cheerleader:

HawaiiWhatNot – have you been to Victoria’s yet? What Didja buy? Woo woo!

I’m doing all right – still hacking away at my :shock: post vacation :oops: flabbage. I went to several foody events this past week. I attended a women’s retreat at my church and I survived – no lasagna, no garlic bread, no dessert touched my leopardy lips. :angel: I told everyone I was :mrgreen: de-flabbing!

:secret: Simmshe, since you are working such long hours, may I suggest that you add another shake to your daily meal plan. You won’t be getting much rest so be sure to eat every three hours. :hug:

:leopard:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Karen » November 15th, 2004, 5:27 pm

Hey! A day late for Sunday roll call, but I started last Monday, so today was the first weigh in. SEVEN pounds GONE!!! No plans for them to ever return. I felt better this past week then I have in 10 years. Blood pressure is down, blood sugar is down, and best of all, I AM NOT hungry!! Is it okay if I catch the roll call on Mondays? That will be my weigh in day at the doc's.
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » November 15th, 2004, 6:55 pm

Karen ~

Oh, yeah! seven nasty flabby pounds are :wave: buh bye!

Sure, you can check in whenever ya feel like it!
:cool:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Roll Call