Starting weight...moment of truth!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Starting weight...moment of truth!

Postby Lois » February 8th, 2004, 7:34 am

Hello, friends,

Well, I stepped on the scales this morning: 227.5

That means I have 87.5 to lose in order to reach my goal of 140. I hope that I'll be there by August....but no matter how long it takes, I'm sticking with this 'til the end....and beyond!

Have a great day, everyone ;)

hugs,

Lois 8)
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby HD » February 8th, 2004, 8:10 am

You'll make it Lois, Just keep your mind set and know the results will be fantastic! Plus, if your like the rest of us we have got to improve our health and this is a definite plus in my book. Mike tells us all the time that it's our choice if we want to succeed and it sounds like you've made that choice to stick it out. Keep your mind set and your shaker jar shakin. You can do this.
Hugs back at ya
Jackie (HD)
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Jade » February 8th, 2004, 8:22 am

I know you can do this Lois. Be sure to keep posting. It has saved me through the tough times. This program DOES work! No doubt about it. Keep your sense of humor above all things. It smooths out everything. :lol: Looking forward to doing this journey with you. Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby susan » February 8th, 2004, 1:31 pm

Hi Lois,
so glad you are back .you really can do this cause I am and it is the first time in my life that I am successful at it I have lost 46# just keep reminding yourself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

231/ 185/ 125 I am going to get here even if it is at 2# a week.
Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lois » February 8th, 2004, 3:27 pm

Hi everyone,

You are all so unbelievably AWESOME!!!!!

THANK YOU for your sweet words of support!

Susan, I am SO impressed! You are my inspiration, especially whe you say you're gonna do this even if it means losing two pounds a week. I understand. I get frightened/discouraged if the weight comes off more slowly....but hey, it's COMING OFF, girlfriend!!!!! Let's just keep encouraging each other to put one foot in front of the other, and never, NEVER give up!

THANK YOU ALL for being so WONDERFUL....

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby shineface » February 8th, 2004, 4:51 pm

Hi Lois---

Welcome back --- from what I understand... I'm 2 weeks in and need every member of this forum everyday to give me inspiration, share their stories and support.

Glad you're here!!!!

Keep slurpin' and postin' ---------
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 9th, 2004, 9:29 am

87 lbs in 7 months - NO PROBLEM! You'll do great and really shock some people when they see you. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Lois » February 14th, 2004, 11:00 am

Hi Everybody...

Once again, thanks again for your words of support!!!!

I am in seminary full time and am the mother of five kids, ages 7 to 17, so I have not been at my computer checking in with you as often as I'd hoped.... plus I came down with a SEVERE case of strep throat this week!!!! Wierd!!!! I haven't had this in 14 years (I was pregnant with my daughter last time!)

But...even with all this drama, I weighed myself this morning and (drum roll, please....) 219.2 :D

That's 8.3 pounds GONE FOREVER!!!!!!! WooooHooo!!!!! 10 pound club, here I come!

Thanks, eveyone, for welcoming me back and for believing in me. I'm gonna DO this thing!

love and hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby susan » February 14th, 2004, 12:12 pm

Hey Lois,
so proud of you I know you can do this .and Lois I lost 2# this week thats 48# so far like I said I am a 2# aweek girl but it is steady and it is comming off and I feel so good and going down in sizes . my knees are so much better and my sugar is normal and I don;t take diabetic medicine any more this medifast is really wonderful I can;t say enough about it .except :pour: out the shakes and chug I love the bars . I am really :D :D even tho it is 2# a week the main thing is I feel wonderful.
just keep up the good work Lois you will get there .lol
Susan
susan

Postby Indigo » February 14th, 2004, 1:47 pm

yeah, it's a nasty strep bug going around- even here in Oregon- that's what knocked me out for a while . . . . Take good care of yourself!!
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lois » February 14th, 2004, 3:56 pm

Hi Susan and Laurie,

Susan, you are such an inspiration to me. I am afraid to weigh myself too often, because I don't want to get discouraged if I lose "slowly"....thanks for being such a GREAT example that slow and steady WINS the race!

Laurie...hope you're feeling MUCH better! I could hardly believe how sick I was. The antibiotics are working, though, and I'm on the mend....

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby susan » February 15th, 2004, 8:44 am

Hi Lois,
so glad you are feeling betterI really enjoy talking to all of you I couldn;t make it with out you all you are all just wonderful and my family of losers.keep shaking talk to you later
Susan
susan

Return to The Weight Room