starting soon

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

starting soon

Postby leelee » November 12th, 2003, 6:33 am

Hi everybody,

I'm leelee. I am anxiously awaiting the arrivial of my first shipment. I can't wait to get started. It should arrive today. I plan to start as soon as I get it. I decided to do this program because I need to gain control of my life.

I started doing Jenny criag about 3 month ago, that program is not what I want to do. For one thing, I just don't like the food. On last Saturday I weighed in at ... OK. I am going to say it out loud...398. That's a total loss of 29 lbs. I have along road ahead of me. At Jenny's, they weigh you every week. I have decided to weigh every two weeks and to take measurements every month.

I have never told anyone how much I weigh, not even my husband. I decided to say it here because I need someone to be honest with. So it's out there! What a relief!

I will let you know exactly when I start. I hope this is the begining of a long friendship. I have read many of the postings and forward to communicating with this great bunch of people.

leelee
leelee

Postby Ellen » November 12th, 2003, 6:53 am

Leelee,
Nice to meet you! I'm sure you'll love this program. It is hard not to love it when the pounds just start melting away.

The forum is great. It is a wonderful place to come for support from people that are all going through the same process (or have already finished the process in Nancy's case). This is one place you can come without having to worry about being judged by your weight. I have also never told anyone including my husband how much I weigh. When I've lost all the weight, I'll tell him then :lol:

I tried Nutrisystem once years ago and it is very similar to Jenny Craig. I think they are great programs for people with 20 to 30 pounds to lose, but the weight comes off so slowly that it gets discouraging. I can't remember how much I lost, but I spent a lot of money and had to drive 45 minutes to get to the place every week and I know for a fact that I loss much much less in the twelve weeks I was on that program than I have here with Medifast.

I look forward to getting to know you, people will be here for you every step of the way.

Have a great day,
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » November 12th, 2003, 7:05 am

HI Leelee! :exercise:

Welcome! I am on Day 3 and doing great! I hope you ordered the book "Success in a Shaker Jar" that is on the website. It is a very valuable resource!

DISCLAIMER: No, I am not getting a cut for every book I sell! ;) I am only trying to help the newbies!

AND--I understand not wanting to voice your weight out loud until now. I did the same thing. It makes it more "real" when others know about it. I know some people like to keep it private, but if it helps you to share it--go for it!

Jeanette :star:
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: starting soon

Postby explorthis » November 12th, 2003, 8:07 am

leelee wrote:Hi everybody,

I'm leelee. I am anxiously awaiting the arrivial of my first shipment. I can't wait to get started. It should arrive today. I plan to start as soon as I get it. I decided to do this program because I need to gain control of my life. OK. I am going to say it out loud...398.

Leelee,

Welcome.. I (ironic) other than Tim, am the only man on this board. I started at 337 65 days ago today, and I was NEVER one to speak of weight. Now I don't care, I will tell anyone, because it works.

Medifast is the most AMAZING (not saying the taboo word: diet) weight loss program I have ever embarked on. It W-O-R-K-S. I have not stepped on the scale in about 1-1/2 weeks, but about that long ago I was at a loss of close to 55#

I can really feel and see the difference. The FUNNEST part, is throwing away all those HUGELY-BAGGY clothes, and the compliments and comments when you begin to loose that people will innundate you with.

Remember, it took you along time to get to your current size, and it will not come off overnight, but it will (I promise) come off.

The past 65 days have gone SOOOOO fast, I cannot even remember when I began. I can't remember what food tastes like. I have no interest at this point in food. If you read some of my past posts, you will see I was the "secret-cheater-eater" and ate to my hearts content, oh I ate ALOT.

As I have said again, if I could/can do it, ANYONE can...

Please keep us posted on your progress. This is a supportive board, lots of good folks here with one thing in mind, to get fit and skinny, and its damn fun to boot. Reading others success stories (and even confessions of a cheater - ME) will help you along.

Good luck, and again, WELCOME!

Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lois » November 12th, 2003, 8:10 am

Hi, leelee! WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We are so glad you're joining us.

You will LOVE Medifast. I am beginning week #2, and I lost eight pounds my first week!!!! I'm so encouraged!

You will get so much support here.....we all know how you feel because we are there, too. This is a place where you can be yourself and even give voice to the scarey thoughts that lurk inside your head :| and find compassion and support.

One of the things I love so much about this forum is that we all have LOTS of weight to lose, and no one is judging anyone about that. What a relief that is to me!

So, welcome aboard, leelee. 8)

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 12th, 2003, 9:08 am

Hi LeeLee and welcome aboard,

It's great seeing you start the program and now it's just a matter of time. One advantage of having a little more time on the program is that it enables you study and prepare yourself for what comes after Medifast.

Linda Spangle's books have been posted here many times, and i can't stress enough how good they are. I think "Success" is on sale this month on our site, and you can hunt around on the web and possibly find a used version at a discount.

Like Mikey says, it took eveyone most of a lifetime to get where we are, and there's no quick fix to it, but time flys when we're having fun, and it's amazing how fast it seems when you look back at it. It's seems like just yesterday when several of our forum members first checked in, and now they're down 20-30, 50 pounds or more.

Heck, Nancy lost over 100 pounds without me even knowing it.... :lol:
That's how fast time flys....

Stick with it. (IT WORKS!)
Dont get in a hurry.
Slurp lots of water.

Great Shakin'
:cheers:

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

just started

Postby susan » November 12th, 2003, 3:46 pm

Hi LeeLee, welcome aboard you;re gonna love this program. I am in my 4 th week I have lost 20# and will post my 4th. week results saturday morn. so glad you joined all of us the forum really helps and the people are so nice we all have the same problem. so let us know when you get started.happy shakeing susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Welcome, New Friend

Postby Nancy » November 12th, 2003, 6:53 pm

Hey, there, Lee Lee ~

Soon you will be Lighter-Lighter! Cool, huh?

Yep, the poundage seems to melt away. That's the best part of this program - it comes off fast!!!

We are here for you, all the way. :hug:

I NEVER told Terry (my husband) how much I weighed either. He most likely could figure it out but I was so ashamed that I never told anyone until after I had lost 59 pounds. Some folks never even tell their spouse they are on a weight loss plan until they have lost a significant amount. :-)

It is hard to admit that you are trying to lose weight AGAIN. This one works. It's the LAST time you have to go on a weight loss plan. It works. All the thinking is done for you. The plan cannot fail. Only you can fail the plan. :shock:

Gosh, hope that's not too much pressure - it is forgiving, too but let's all do it right and reach our goals together! :lol: :lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.