Just Starting

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

FIRST DAY AND MADE IT!

Postby Mena » January 7th, 2004, 7:53 pm

:D Just wanted you all to know before I register as a verified log in person that I got my products and they did not take two weeks. I pressed the FEDEX button and had my products in 3 days! Yes I too was desperate to get them in and to try them. Today I finished my first day and did the full fast. I had 3 shakes, one bar and one soup and one fast soup in the middle of the afternoon. I feeeeeel pretty great. I also had my water and some coffee with a little skim milk and one equal. No headaches; no dizziness; my BP was perfect== Hopefully I will continue to feel this good. I was surprised that I enjoyed the strawberry shake=tasted like the strawberry Nestle Quick and the double berry bar was better than the Atkins one I had tasted. The tomato soup was ok, I need more ideas on how to make it dissolve smoother because I do love tomato soup. I also had a few of the crackers just for munch sensation. I am so proud and felt great that I even did one hour of yoga. yes I will cut back on the exercise a little. Tomorrow is another day--I need to take this one day at a time. :|
Mena

Tomato Soup Blob Prob

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 11:30 am

Hi, Mena ~

Congratulations on completing your first day of Medifast – the first day to a NEW YOU for the rest of your life! :lol:

Lemme tell ya, I experienced the same problem as you with the Tuhmater Soup – a gnarly blob that sat in the bottom of my cup. Argh. :x

The problem is that too much heat cooks the soy protein very quickly. It can happen with all of the soups, the oatmeal and the cocoa.

Here’s the remedy: Put some cool water into your mug or cup. Add the packet of tomato soup. Stir until smooth. Slowly add some more water, stirring all the time. Now nuke the cup/bowl of soup until warm. Since Microwaves can vary in their power, I’d suggest that you start with 45 seconds. Then if it needs a bit more heat, return it for some more time in the nuclear box. Enjoy! :bib:

The key for quality tasting food is to begin with cool water, stir, stir, stir until smooth. Then heat to the desired temp.

You may want to go back through the Forum, read previous postings plus read my Newsletters available in the archives.

Mena, you have begun a wonderful adventure to health and happiness. Go for your goal!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

DAY 2

Postby Mena » January 8th, 2004, 4:17 pm

HI ALL! I wanted to let you all know that I completed Day 2--yes I am proud--I have to admit I fell in love with the lemon bars! I am a little headachy but nothing a little water won't cure! Thanks for your support.
Mena

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 4:21 pm

As I read through your latest postings, it takes me back to my 7 month weight loss journey. I was totally obsessed. I faithfully followed the plan and the flab melted off.

People tried to get me to cave. I acted as if my lips were sewn shut. There was NO way that I would part them for FORBIDDEN FOODS!

As I approached my goal, I heard some complaints from family and friends: You’re too thin. Enough is enough, Nanc.

Well-meaning friends said, “You better start eating. I think you are anorexic. You look pasty. Are you well?”

Several people drew me aside and asked me if I had cancer.

I had a person ask me if I was barfing after every meal.

Another asked me if my doctor knew what I was doing.

I WAS ver-ry fearful of ever eating real live food again. I was afraid that the moment I took my first bite of real food I would blimp up.

You DO gain a few pounds the first few weeks of transition. Most of it is due to fluid imbalances.

It is absolutely VITAL that you go through the process of transition.

It is critical to long term success and weight maintenance.

You’ve worked hard and taken the time to learn all you can about how to DO the plan now is the time to begin reading, planning and doing all you can to keep those killer pounds from ever returning after the Medifast weight reduction phase.

We do NOT want you to have weight rebound. You’ve worked too hard to ever return to the flab.

I had F.O.F. Fear of Food. I loved how I felt and how I looked but I was also fearful of returning to Flabdom.

I am here to tell you that it (Flabdom) does not ever have to happen again.

Slow is the way to go in adding back foods. Regular, consistent exercise helps to increase our metabolism after the weight reduction portion of the plan. Our bod sorrta goes into hibernation while we are on the weight loss plan. Our metabolism slows w-a-a-ay down. Exercise gives it a jump-start. Go through the transition plan.

Don’t freak out when you see the scale creep about initially, it is part of the fluid levels shifting as your bod leaves ketosis. You’ve got to give your bod enough time to adjust to the change. Slowly add back the foods as outlined in my November Newsletter.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby star85 » January 9th, 2004, 7:03 am

Keep up the great work Mena!!
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Tomato Soup

Postby Nancy » January 9th, 2004, 9:38 am

Oh, Mena,

I forgot to mention that the Fast Soups are very good. :bib: You said that you like tomato soup and the Robust Tomato Fast Soup is something you may wish to consider. It is what I call a "bonus" item - you can have one to two of the Fast Soups per day. They are similar to bouillon but my tongue thinks they are much tastier and my buds love :heart: the Robust Tomato.

Remember, the Fast Soups are not a meal replacement, they are not designed to take instead of a Medifast shake, creamy soup, oatmeal, etc. but rather they are taken in addition to your regular daily meal plan.

:coach: The Good News is this: the Fast Soups are on sale during the month of January 2004. The regular price is $7.45 per box of seven, the sale price is $6.25. Woo Hoo! :boing:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby sher » January 12th, 2004, 11:59 pm

Hi all,
Well, I just want to thank all of you....THIS is hard to keep up with, all of these different titles, but I will really try, its hard when you want to THANK so many , already... :lol: and I have not even gotten my shipment yet... ;) your emails are awsome, and I look sooooo forward to all of this support, nothing like it....ya know, it would be nice if we could have a chat room though... :yippee: wouldn't that be fun....we could post, or go to a chat room and REALLY talk to one another....but this is awsome....just feeling the need to TALK....but its really sleepy time here in Michigan...you all take care....ttyl
Sher
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.