Starting Out . . .

We will be adding links and answers to some of the more common questions here. Check here before posting to see if your question has already been answered.

Hello RavenKat

Postby honeynut1 » July 21st, 2004, 1:05 pm

Thanks for the tip on melatonin. I'll give it a try. Sounds better than Crochet :scratchhead: I'll also keep in mind the lean green meal. Maybe a good scary book to read or an old scary movie. :shock: I love watching movies and going to the show. Can't wait to see "the village" out next week. hope you like the diet cream soda. I'm tryin the diet choc cream soda next!
take care :wave:
Diane
honeynut1

Hello Sheryl

Postby honeynut1 » July 21st, 2004, 1:18 pm

Questin for you... How do you put your stats on the bottom of your message. is it somewhere in the personal profile? secondly thanks for the "over the hump" advise. sometimes when I fail I feel like giving up but not this time!! I'm hanging in there :yeah: alternating days full/modified might be something for me. like you say I'll just have to figure it out. Having the support on here is a wonderful tool and I'm glad we connected :yes: talk to you soon.
Diane
honeynut1

Left out one ingredient

Postby honeynut1 » July 21st, 2004, 1:39 pm

RavenKat,
on that diet cream soda and shakes....Add Ice to that.
maybe try diet rootbeer with vanilla for a rootbeer float. :guzzle:
See ya,
Diane
honeynut1

re: Hello Sheryl

Postby Simmshe » July 21st, 2004, 7:18 pm

Diane,

You can add your stats and such to your posts by inputting the info. under your profile. So, select Profile and under Profile Information there is a Signature category. You can input your info. there and it will show up on all of your posts :).

And a lot of us have felt like, or actually have, given up when we attempt something and don't succeed--you are in good company here :). Failure can be a great teacher. Just keep hanging in there and let us know how you are doing--good or bad :). Here's to a good first week (better yet, three days!) for you :cheers:!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Peggy » July 28th, 2004, 3:45 pm

Hello everyone!

Thank you Indigo for the helpful information.

I have another question. My doctor put me on 2 shakes and 2 bars a day plus one green/meat meal a day. After reading your post on getting started I noticed that I'm not drinking nearly enough shakes and I'm not supposed to have more than one bar a day.

Do I ask my doctor about it or should I just buy more shakes and sort of do it myself? I don't want to second guess him but I really want to make this work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Peggy
Start Date July 23, 2004
Height 5'3 - 182 lbs.
August 5, 2004 174 lbs...woohooo!
Peggy

Postby Unca_Tim » July 28th, 2004, 5:24 pm

Hi Peggy,
I answered your Dr. question on your other post.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

water consumption

Postby shakin' sister » October 4th, 2005, 3:15 pm

I usually mix my medifast packets with 16 oz. of water instead of the recommended 8oz. Does this extra water count toward our daily water requirement?
shakin' sister

Postby Nancy » October 4th, 2005, 9:12 pm

Hi there, Shakin' Sister ~

Yes, since you are having that much extra water, it will surely go towards your water intake for the day.

Your shakes must be rather thinny with that much water. It is always interesting to me to read how people prepare and enjoy their packets. They are very versatile - we can never be bored with the variety of products and unique ways to prepare them - my tongue is happier than ever and so are my hips!

Best wishes to you, Sister as you shake it up and shake it off!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

How do I know?

Postby ErinGoneWild » January 27th, 2006, 11:10 am

I've read a couple posts on how to prepare the products for optimal taste like I read one about a soup saying to make it with cool water and then zap it in the microwave. Question is, is there somewhere that tells you all these helpful hints? I would hate to waste any of the supplements because I made them wrong and they are inedible.

Thanks! :)
ErinGoneWild

Fixin stuff

Postby Jan » January 27th, 2006, 11:16 am

Hi Erin ....
Look over the "lean cuisine" section on the forum. It has lots and lots of ideas regarding fixing the food. Don't worry --I don't thing anything is inedible -- there are just better ways to do things. :D hmmmm now that I think about it though chocolate shake with toooo much peppermint was completely inedible. It did make a wonder drain cleaner though :mrgreen: In any case, I never add hot water to anything because it can cook the soy and you'll end up with globs. Some people may like globs .. but not me. Keep mixing and trying -- you'll do fine.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Starting out

Postby Blondie » January 30th, 2006, 12:42 pm

Hi Simmshe and Honeynut,
I was just reading your conversations and I am too on the full fast.
I don't want to eat for some reasons,
1. can't control my eating right now
2. want to lose faster
3. I will go to the 5-1 plan when I lose at least 25 -30 lbs.
4. I just want to get this off already!

The soups and the fast soups in between with the crackers are great.
I love the bars and sometimes I think I will eat a whole box on the chocolate mint ones! oh god! :shock:
But I won't do it. :whip:
I see here that the dates are pretty old since you guys wrote this...so what's the weight loss today if you don't mind me asking??

Thanks
Maria
:D
Blondie

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Hi, Blondie ~

Unfortunately dear Simmshe struggled with sticking thru to the end of her journey; life issues were raging for her. I still hold out firm hope for her – what a terrific person she is! Don’t know what happened to Honey.

Now let me just encourage you in and the readers to come who may come across your post…weight loss using Medifast products and the TSFL 5 and 1 program is rapid and safe. There is not a significant difference in the rate of weight loss for people on the 5 and 1 and those who are on the complete meal replacement program under the supervision of their doctor. There is actually the advantage for people on the 5 and 1 Program – transition is smoother and it is easier socially to accommodate the Lean and Green meal.

I can readily understand your comment about being out of control with food. I was, too. Many of us are. Once I made the decision to go for a healthier weight, I wanted my excess flabber off immediately. I was most anxious to get the deed done.

We sometimes suggest that people use the complete program for 5 days or up to 10 days to make the break from a food-centered life and they soon become adjusted to the routine of eating smaller meals every three hours and then switch to the 5 and 1 Program. Typically it takes just a few days to get to the fat-burning state where hunger is in control and the cravings disappear.

(Well for the most part the cravings are in control unless you watch those commercials or the Food Network…)

Since you said
1. can't control my eating right now
maybe you ought to have your husband or someone hold your Chocolate Mint bars hostage and dole them out to you daily I am totally serious here. I had a bar incident myself the other day. My Auto Immune is raging, hives are taking over my face and inside my bod, my Prednisone dose is up. I found a stale box of S’mores and I did what their name says… I don’t even like them…I ignored all the things I know that are right to do and took a detour and I did not enjoy the journey and so now I have banished the bars from my presence. I cannot trust myself with a box of bars. I shall be barless for a while…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby PippiLongstocking » January 7th, 2008, 10:35 am

Was wondering if anyone else is having hair loss? :?
PippiLongstocking
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » January 7th, 2008, 12:56 pm

If you do a search, you'll find TONS of discussion about hair loss. It's common among people with rapid weight loss. There are usually a few things you can try (biotin is one; do the search to find others know because I've never had the problem so I've never paid very close attention to those posts), and the good news is either way, your hair will be back to normal once you reach maintenance and start eating more calories.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » January 7th, 2008, 5:38 pm

About 6-8 weeks ago I began having a substantial amount of hair coming out each day. I was alarmed. Nancy mentioned the Omega fatty supplement capsules (I bought them but I still haven't started taking them :oops: ). I noticed about 2 or 3 weeks ago that the hair loss seems to be back closer to my normal amount (and no I am not bald and that is why it slowed, LOL). Maybe it is just something that happens for a span of time?

I don't think anyone can tell that I've lost hair, other than myself. I can tell you that I'd rather have thinner hair than to be back at my old weight and I had thin, fine hair all my life. :) Don't let hair loss stop you from achieving your dream of being at your goal weight.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)