Starting Out . . .

We will be adding links and answers to some of the more common questions here. Check here before posting to see if your question has already been answered.

Postby Mickeyz » January 7th, 2008, 8:02 pm

I don't know how serious your hair loss is, but the first time I did MF 3 years ago I had severe hair loss. I don't think anyone can really understand the emotional impact of severe hair loss until you have experienced it. My hair loss was bad enough that along with my weight loss many people thought I was seriously ill.
This time I have taken biotin, Omega 3 capsules and flax seed oil from the very first day. I still had some hair loss, but not too bad. I already have very thin fine hair.
I am on maintenance now so hopefully I will see some improvement.
Like T said, don't let the hair loss derail you. If you are concerned start taking measures to prevent it now. It seems like once it starts it is very hard to turn around.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby PippiLongstocking » January 7th, 2008, 8:31 pm

Mickeyz wrote:I don't know how serious your hair loss is, but the first time I did MF 3 years ago I had severe hair loss. I don't think anyone can really understand the emotional impact of severe hair loss until you have experienced it. My hair loss was bad enough that along with my weight loss many people thought I was seriously ill.
This time I have taken biotin, Omega 3 capsules and flax seed oil from the very first day. I still had some hair loss, but not too bad. I already have very thin fine hair.
I am on maintenance now so hopefully I will see some improvement.
Like T said, don't let the hair loss derail you. If you are concerned start taking measures to prevent it now. It seems like once it starts it is very hard to turn around.

thanks so much for the tips, I'm going to add the flax seed oil and never skip the vitamins. I have fine hair too... :?
PippiLongstocking
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)