Just Starting

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just Starting

Postby Jims Chick » December 29th, 2003, 9:19 pm

Ok guys, I just took the first step. I probably wouldn't have followed through with it if it wasn't for this message board and the encouraging e-mail I received from Terry. 100 pounds :shock: wow....that's alot. Today is my 10 year anniversary... I'm twice the woman my husband married. :uhuh:. It just has to get better than this. I'm ready......just waiting for delivery!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!

Julie
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2003, 9:51 pm

Congrats! You won't regret it! :)

Postby Jeanette » December 29th, 2003, 9:53 pm

Sorry...that was from me! :oops:
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Debby » December 30th, 2003, 3:19 pm

Julie,

First of all, Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on making such an important decision! My husband and I have been married 12 years and I too have become "more of a wife to love" :D - 55 pounds since we were married! We can do this! Today is my 4th day, so we started pretty much at the same time.

This support board is such a great idea. We're here for you!

Take care!
Debby
Debby

REALLY BUMMED

Postby Jims Chick » January 6th, 2004, 3:07 pm

I am soooooo ready to start I can't stand it :bib: ........ but I just found out my first order is not going to be delivered until Friday the 9th!! :x Does it normally take 2 full weeks to get an order? I'm trying so hard to stay motivated......I guess I'm just disappointed.... :tomato: I'll probably be ok now that I had a chance to rant. I read a post from Mike and a post from Maggie and feel a little tinge of excitement creeping back :goofy:

243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick

Re: REALLY BUMMED (This is BS)

Postby explorthis » January 6th, 2004, 3:37 pm

Jims Chick wrote:I am soooooo ready to start I can't stand it but I just found out my first order is not going to be delivered until Friday the 9th!!

Does it normally take 2 full weeks to get an order?

I read a post from Mike and a post from Maggie and feel a little tinge of excitement creeping back

I felt my ears burning, or my name being taken in vain....

Tinge? Excitement? Oh, you have no idea what the feeling will be... I want to replace the word orgasmic with weight loss - one in the same, trust me!

Ok, NO order should ever take 2 weeks. Get your butt on the phone, get a UPS or FED-EX, or what ever tracking number from your Medifast supplier. Do it now. Find out WHY, don't take any excuses from a vendor, even if its this one (Nancy or Terry) As a buyer for a living, I track late shipments all the time. I lay the blame on the vendor as you need to lay the blame on these folks. Where did customer service go? You make them give you some sort of a partial refund, or free product for your wait/trouble. This is pain and suffering. There are many, many sources, even for Medifast vying for your business. If this (whoever it is) vendor will not step up to the plate, then take your business elsewhere!!!

Bottm line, your buck, your call

I want a response to your solution, what happened??

-Mike (The Pitbull)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jims Chick » January 6th, 2004, 7:20 pm

I was under the impression all orders came from a centeral location. I was unable to reach anyone by phone (at Terry & Nancy's number) but in their defense, I did not leave a message. I, being the impatient person that I am, contacted the Medifast place directly and they gave me the number for the TSFL division. Yesterday, I was told my order shipped on the 30th and the reason they had no tracking number was because UPS was always very slow. I was told someone would call me this morning with the number. When no one called, I called them again and got the number. When I put it in to track the package on the UPS website, it actually said the package did not ship until yesterday and would be delivered on Friday. It is not something that I would have someones head on a platter for ( like Mike). I am just so ready to do this it was a little disappointing. I made it better by taking off work early, picking up the kids and went out to eat.....kind of a last fling with mexican food if you will. We seldom do restaurants as my youngest is 3 and it sometimes isn't much fun.....but it was a great family night out!! When I read back through Mike's post, I was astounded at the amount of weight lost in such a short time. Is this typical for men? Is it typical for anyone or just Mike's lucky day? I wanna be like Mike! :shades:

243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick

Postby Unca_Tim » January 6th, 2004, 8:42 pm

Julie!!!
That's why we're here. Two weeks is unacceptable, even with the holidays!
Next time click the Fed-x box. They just added it and so far it looks like most packages are making it, even to the west coast in 2-4 days.

And PLEASE call us next time or leave a msg. We know who to call and how to get things done. Send us an email when you're ready to order again and we'll see if we can make it up to you. You should always call or email before an order anyway, because we often have promotional discount codes for $25 off.

CALL us next time....:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Typical?

Postby explorthis » January 7th, 2004, 8:00 am

Jims Chick wrote:It is not something that I would have someones head on a platter for ( like Mike). I am just so ready to do this it was a little disappointing.

When I read back through Mike's post, I was astounded at the amount of weight lost in such a short time. Is this typical for men? Is it typical for anyone or just Mike's lucky day? I wanna be like Mike!

I see Tim chimed in, to say exactly what I wanted to say, get on the phone with them, and/or leave them a message. This is your $ and your life, you should not have to wait. YOu deserve 100% customer satisfaction. Good for Tim...

As for typical... What is typical anyway? Yes, from what I hav heard, men lose faster than Women. I would not know, even in my past life as a bicycle seat, I was not a Woman. I only know what I hear, that Men lose faster. When you ask if its my "lucky day" I say yes, not because I have lost sooooo fast, but because I was able to overcome my eating problem, and lose period. This makes me feel lucky period. I HONESTLY think I lost pretty fast (not fast enough if you ask me) because I did the complete fast. Again - REMEMBER this was my choice to FAST completely. If Peanut Butter, celery, salad, cheap puffed cereal, pickles, brocolli beef or whatever is your thing, then so be it. THIS IS YOUR CHOICE. I have been FAT for 42 years, and decided (I have said this numerous times) the weight loss portion of my life is a "short stint" in the general scheme of life, thus I was determined to get the weight off. Don't get me wrong, I thought I would never lose, even with this "fad diet", until I saw it coming off. Then once it was working, I was more determined to do it faithfully. When I say faithfully, MY faithful CHOICE was the full fast, my choice. This meant NOTHING in my mouth other than the shakes, until the major portion of the weight came off. I am now kicking myself for "changing the plan" to suit myself - by adding Salads. Yes, I guess in the "Medifast Bible" according to Garp, Tim, Nancy and others, that this is allowed. Well my weight has slowed, I call it "salad slow" others call it the "plateau" call it what you will, it has slowed.

I am afraid - as all my life I have been substantially overweight, that as soon as I started putting/adding things into the diet, like salad, that I would think it was OK to add little other things - where does it stop? I do not (yet) have the will power to monitor my eating, or what or how much I put in my mouth. It scares me to think I am close to finishing, and that I might gain back some of the weight by "eating".....

Typical? I dont think I am typical, though I followed the plan "to my standards" by fasting completely, thus making me a typical fast loser..... !!

My thoughts.

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Unca_Tim » January 7th, 2004, 9:17 am

The rule of thumb we use is the Johns Hopkins study. In it, the "average" weight loss for women/men was 47/67#'s respectively in a 16 week study. Now i'm not sure if they tied those people down or locked them in a room, but that was the results of the study.

You can tell by this and other forums that many people start the program with high hopes, then disappear. That's not because the plan doesn't work. The plan does and will work, just sometimes the people don't work...:)

Keep us posted,
Tim
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Does work, maybe you don't?

Postby explorthis » January 7th, 2004, 10:05 am

Unca_Tim wrote:The rule of thumb we use is the Johns Hopkins study.

The plan does and will work, just sometimes the people don't work

John who (remember that battle Tim?)

What a great saying, ought to be posted at the top of the website....
100% true!!!

Amen I agree 100%!!!

-Mike
explorthis

Postby Unca_Tim » January 7th, 2004, 10:27 am

We've had a couple good ones....:)
Speaking of thumbs....
:thumbup:
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Re: Mikes Loss

Postby Jims Chick » January 7th, 2004, 12:49 pm

Well, here's another question..... I too have been heavy most of my life. When I was 13 I lost a very unhealthy amount of weight and kept myself floating between 90-100 pounds for a number of years. Please keep in mind, I was 5'6" and very unhealthy during this time. Only recently while watching a program about Tracy Gold and her battle with anorexia did I start to realize that I was her for much of that time. As much as I know I cant go back to my current eating habits, I do worry that at some point when I reach my goal, I may go back to some of those unhealthy rituals..ie...eating days, non eating days, non eating weeks, non stop exercise among other things. I have shared this concern with a close friend that has vowed to help me keep weight loss in perspective....but it still is a concern as I really, really, really want to do this right and I want to be healthy. Sometimes to hear Mike talk, I worry too that he may get stuck into that obsessive control over his weight too. I have been at every angle....so I worry

243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick

Re: Mikes Loss

Postby explorthis » January 7th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Jims Chick wrote:I do worry that at some point when I reach my goal, I may go back to some of those unhealthy rituals..ie...eating days, non eating days, non eating weeks, non stop exercise among other things.

Sometimes to hear Mike talk, I worry too that he may get stuck into that obsessive control over his weight too.

I saw that Tracy Gould program also...

I am not really fearful of ever being too compulsive, as weight continues to fall off.. My fear is gaining back what I have lost. Could this constitute a compulsive switch to add to that compulsion? Theoretically, yes I suppose, but at this point, I don't think I am in denial, or have that fear. THen again, I have never been thin, like I am now. My problem is (was) that I was always overweight, except at 22 for that one short Optifast stint.

Now I am expieriencing the "giddyness" of the loss, however the big problem is not my weight loss, or the amount of weight I still have to lose (about 15-20 more max) the problem in my eyes (depending on my vanity level at the current moment) is the hanging skin. I "ain't" as elastic as I thought. I got a smallish/medium size spare tire, that is "skin" and it is not going to go away.

I have that projected goal of 220-230 (at 243 now) I want to get there before I even think about what can happen after. I doubt I will see the day where I opt for the "skin slicing" to take this off. Yes I admit I am pretty vain, but I have a pretty firm belief in life, "I am what I am, if you don't like me, then you can pound sand" (harsher words in my opinion and if you know me you will understand) So for me to have this removed, probably will not happen, as I can live with it. I don't ever see it being a hinderance to me, or a problem. Who knows 1-2-20 years down the road, maybe I change my mind, maybe not.

1 day at a time, now I am just basking in the moment - loving to know end the new feeling...

Compulsive? Naa.. I think I will be fine... No compulsive actions from my end that I see......

-Mike
explorthis

Mike You Go!

Postby star85 » January 7th, 2004, 5:25 pm

Mike,
After all your hard work, self restraint and discipline, after losing as much weight as you have in such a short period of time, you deserve to bask in as many moments as you want!! You go Mike! Go Michael! Go Michael! Go Michael! (Hee,Hee It sounds better in person) What a major accomplishment!!! And I know after losing all that weight you are alot more healthier. When you're over weight people want you to lose it. When you lose it, people tell you you're way too thin. As long as you are happy with yourself that is what counts. If everyone was as disciplined as you are on this program there would be no overweight people in this world! I know what obesity can do to people (I'm a registered nurse and my specialty is open heart surgery). I've seen it all! That's why I want to lose my weight that I have gained. Before I gained the weight people would tell me I look too thin, but I felt great! And if I had to choose between the way I look and feel now, and the way I looked and felt then,well, it goes without saying.Keep up the great work and keep in touch.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.