Okay, tell the truth..HOW DOES IT TASTE?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Okay, tell the truth..HOW DOES IT TASTE?

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2006, 9:01 am

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Meghan, I weigh 145 pounds and I am 5 foot 3. I had a son (Tyson) 7 months ago and am 25 - 30 pounds heavier than I would truly like to be.

Right now, I am doing Slimfast, but I'm not too happy. I actually ENJOY the taste of the shakes, but I get hungry between my breakfast shake and my lunch shake and between my lunch shake and my dinner shake. It's getting depressing actually. As I'm sitting here, my tummy is rumbling and I'm tempted to scoop an old Raisinet off of my desk and much away.

I have read through most of the posts (I admit, not all) to try and get an idea of exactly how this Medifast food tastes.

I am really thinking about ordering a month's worth and getting started. The idea of drinking smaller shakes (the Slimfast shakes are 11 oz.) more frequently throughout the day has really interested me.

But I want to know how the shakes REALLY taste. I'm really not interested in first ordering two weeks worth of supplies. I just want to know from YOU GUYS how it REALLY tastes. I know each person is different, but if any of you have had the Slimfast shakes - you'll understand what I mean.

Are they similar, (I plan to only order Vanilla and Chocolate anyway. I really don't like orange and strawberry shakes),? How about the chili and the oatmeal? I, personally, LOVE chili AND oatmeal, so I'm happy about that option as well.

Thanks so much for bearing with me and I will appreciate any responses I get.

Postby Meghuney » January 6th, 2006, 9:02 am

Okay, sorry - I wrote the first post but I forgot to sign-in. I guess it would be nicer for you guys to KNOW who you are talking to! ;)
Meghuney
First Post

Postby 24KaratGold » January 6th, 2006, 9:22 am

I was pleasantly surprised with the taste of most of the products. I prefer the chocolate shake, and I think it's like chocolate milk made with 1 percent milk, and I like that. Sometimes I'll add a sugar-free no-calorie syrup (peanut butter, butterscotch, amaretto, whatever), but usually I'm good just to drink it as it is.

I love all the oatmeals, but then I love oatmeal. I usually add some Splenda to make it a bit sweeter. There's a receipe in the Lean Cuisine forum for making "legal" oatmeal cookies too, and that's saved me more than once.

The soups and chili require some doctoring, but can be quite good. I expect that they are made sort of bland to appeal to a wide crowd. They are better made on the stove than in the nuke, but passable in the nuke when time and convenience is an issue. I put powdered onion, garlic, cumin, and chili powder in the chili, and when I'm really hungry I'll crush up a package of Medifast crackers and stir it in. Yummy!

When I first ordered MF, I ordered a month's supply, thinking that I probably wouldn't like it (having tasted the SlimFast and other products), but had seen how successful my best friend had been on the program. I figured I could do anything for a month, to see if it would work for me, too. It works! And it doesn't taste yucky!

You eat every three hours or so, too, so you don't get as hungry the way you have described in your post. You have five MF products a day, then your "lean and green" meal, and sometimes, once you are established on the program, you actually have to make yourself get that fifth MF product of the day in, 'cause you just don't feel hungry. (You HAVE to eat it, though -- you HAVE to have the required number a day.)

Try it -- it works, and it's reasonably tasting.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Trixie » January 6th, 2006, 10:51 am

Hi Meghan. I just started the program and as a past Slim Fast user I'll tell you the Chocolate Ready To Drink (RTD) shakes taste the closest to Slim Fast. Especially the new lower carb slim fast. I enjoy the packets you mix yourself too, but RTD tastes the closest.
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » January 6th, 2006, 1:11 pm

I like the taste of nearly all of the products.

The Swiss Mocha :puke: gags me and I am not fond of the French Vanilla 55/70 but :heart: the French Vanilla RTDs.

I have used Medifast for three and a half years now.

I used to love popcorn and pizza but when I ate it, I weighed 267 pounds.

Lemme tell ya, NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels and for me to keep that most excellent thinny feeling, I eat some Medifast every day!

Hunger goes away after a few days when you are on our Take Shape 5 and 1 Program.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 6th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Love:
Dutch Chocolate shakes
Vanilla shakes (with added cinn/nutmeg or diet soda)
Ready to drink Chocolate (they do taste alot like Slimfast shakes)
Oatmeal - all kinds
Chicken & wild rice soup
Chicken noodle
Lemon Fantasy bars
Oatmeal raisin bars
Chocolate divine bars

Like:
Fruity shakes
Mocha shakes if doctored up
Chocolate peanut butter bars
Chocolate caramel bars
Hot chocolate if doctored up

Can't stand: :x
Cream soups!

If I haven't listed it I haven't tried it yet, but as you can see there's alot to like. :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » January 6th, 2006, 3:01 pm

Everyone is different and really trying the product is going to be your best guage. I have to say that my daughters (ages 5 and 3.5) LOVE all the flavors that we make of the shakes.

My wonderful husband saw how good I was doing on MF and said "okay, I'll try it for 2 weeks!" He is now hooked.

There are definitely legal ways of spicing things up a bit, so I encourage you to try different recipes. (Check out Lean Cuisine of this board.) I wasn't big on the Chili until I saw someone say they added 2 tbsp. of their favorite salsa to it. YUM. Now it is one of my favorite lunches.

I too have tried Slim Fast (long ago) and I was always STARVING. Then they leave that ONE MEAL A DAY out there and by then you are ready to eat an entire pizza as your "meal". MF has very strict guidelines for us to follow for optimal loss. I like having more structure and I like not starving myself.
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ktrout » January 6th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Like:

Dutch Chocolate shakes
Vanilla shakes
Oatmeal - all kinds
Chicken & wild rice soup
Chicken noodle
Most of the bars
Chicken Soup

Don't care for:

Chili
Minestrone soup

Having just started I haven't tried everything yet but so far, so good.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Huntersmom » January 8th, 2006, 1:16 pm

I love all the products especially the lemon fantasy bars~YUMMY,YUMMY!!!
Everything is pretty good~I lost 3 pounds in about a weeks. You should order your two weeks and see how it goes. If you don't like the shakes~look at the recipes to make them a little tastier but they really taste pretty good without the syrups. Good Luck!!!
Huntersmom

Postby DogMa » January 8th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Tastes definitely vary. Personally, the only Medi-shakes I can stand are the chocolate ready-to-drink ones. I don't like any of the powdered ones, although I can tolerate a doctored-up chocolate one if I'm in a bind.

I didn't like the soups at first, but I grew to like the cream of broccoli, chicken-noodle, chili and chicken-rice. I hate the minestrone, but I can't wait to try the beef-veggie that's coming out.

I don't like oatmeal, so I didn't like any of those, although they're pretty good baked into "cookies" (as long as you're not actually expecting cookies).

I liked the fruit-nut and s'mores bars right away; I found the chocolate and peanut bars horrible. I didn't try the others till I'd been on the program awhile; now the lemon and oatmeal flavors are my favorites.

The cocoa's very good if you add a little DaVinci's syrup and blend it enough.

I think that's all I've tried. I don't like tomato soup, so I haven't tried it. Same with chai and the iced tea and fruit punch and such.

You might try ordering a few samples at first, just to try 'em out. It took me quite a bit of trial and error to find the products I liked. Till then, I suffered through several weeks of nasty shakes (I lost weight, though).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Marcia B » January 8th, 2006, 10:49 pm

Meghoney

Yhr flavors are varried but the nicest thing is you can add your own taste preference with spices and seasoning. Two product suggestion are DaVinci sugar free syrups and Walden Farm products.

Jump in you won't regeret it!
Marcia B

Return to Come on in.