taste

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

taste

Postby Lorilo » August 16th, 2004, 11:00 am

Help----I just started today---and drank my first vanilla medifast shake and vomitted. I just could not keep it down. I mixed it with cool water in the shaker and put it in the freezer a couple of minutes.
Help---any pointers or recs for better options.
Lorilo

Postby sudaoning » August 16th, 2004, 2:05 pm

Welcome Lorilo! :D

I can hardly stomach the vanilla myself....You can add extracts and flavoring or mix with diet soda, crystal lite, no calorie flavorings to suit your taste. Some folks like to blend with ice if for a thicker icy consistency.

Do you have other flavors to try?

I like Dutch Chocolate best and with very cold water. I mix the Dutch Chocolate with a spoonful of instant coffee and a few drops of coconut extract in very cold water and leave it sit a few minutes then add a couple of ice cubes.

If you let the shake sit a few minutes after mixing it will be smoother.

Hang in there and don't give up!
The shakes and other supplements grow on you after a few days of adjustment and experimentation.

Donna
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LongWay2go » August 16th, 2004, 2:14 pm

Hi Lorilo,

I have some! Avoid the vanilla shakes! :puke: Woo-hoo! Those were tough to take on day 1 for me too, and that was just 10 days ago. Now they taste WONDERFUL!

I bought a mixer, like a shake mixer you see in an ice cream store, but a cheap one. I think it was $50. I blend one pouch with 3/4 cup of water (that's 6 oz) and 3 ice cubes (from an ice maker - I'd just do 2 cubes if you use ice trays). Blend for 45 seconds until the ice has it nice and frosty, then let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes. It will thicken up so nicely that you'll swear you are drinking an ice cream shake! :toast:

- Gerald

PS - Think CHOCOLATE (they're much better)
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 16th, 2004, 3:09 pm

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I know lots of folks who just can't stand this flavor or that flavor--some of them moved on to others, and the rest of them couldn't afford to abandon several boxes, so they adapted them--made them with Crystal light powder or soda or flavored extracts.

I've been lucky in that I haven't found anything I just couldn't stomach (unless you count that tomato robusto soup~shiver~), but I buy more of my favorites--orange pineapple, strwberry and vanilla! LOL I like the vanilla with a rootbeer flavoring--makes a "rootbeer float" that I love! Oddly enough, my least favorite shake would be the chocolate! I realize i am a strange bird! :roll:

Good luck--do you have other flavors to try?

Susanna
Last edited by SusannaRosannaDanna on August 16th, 2004, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sylvia » August 16th, 2004, 3:22 pm

I had the same bad reaction to strawberry. I would recommend initially purchasing a large quantity of something you know you'll like. That was dutch chocolate for me since I had tasted it once before. I then bought samples of all of the other flavors and tried them one at a time without making a significant $ commitment.

I think Gerald's point is also a good one - my taste have also changed over time. I started out liking the vanilla so I bought a couple of boxes. Now, I get a bit queasy just thinking about drinking it. I've decided I can't go wrong with chocolate so that's what I'm sticking to.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » August 16th, 2004, 3:22 pm

but a cheap one. I think it was $50

cough, cough... that's a cheap one? Dare I ask what vehicles you drive? Probably not "cheap ones" Yikes...

-Cheap-skate
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LongWay2go » August 16th, 2004, 3:32 pm

explorthis wrote:cough, cough... that's a cheap one? Dare I ask what vehicles you drive? Probably not "cheap ones" Yikes...

Is there any such thing as "cheap" vehicle anymore? I can't remember paying less than $25k for one in years! My first was a $150 Ford Falcon stationwagon and the second was a $75 Pontiac Catalina. I've upgraded since then. ;)

Are you BAITING me? :)

- Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby explorthis » August 16th, 2004, 3:40 pm

Are you BAITING me

Absolutely, always....

My first was a $150 Ford Falcon

How dare you even gently bash the priceless-timeless Falcon? I actually have a 1963 FALCON - Ranchero currently in restoration (box in the garage holder now) to be a 500 horsepower 1/4 mile rocketship, once my honey doo's are dooed.

Welcome to California, where there aren't no snow to ruin our poor priceless FALCONS.

Bring it on G... (and G don't equal Guido)

-M
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby LongWay2go » August 16th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Ha! My Falcon was priceless alright! It was a '67. The drivers door usually closed after the 50th (or so) slam. I did drive a few times holding the door shut. The tracks on the rear window were rusted out (in Texas?) so you had to physically pull the window up by hand - over and over again. The pipe that ran from the fuel cap to the tank was split, so if you didn't put the gas nozzle in and TWIST hard clockwise, you spilled all your gas on the ground. That said, it drove like a prince and was as reliable as MF when you don't cheat!

(Sorry, had to keep it relavent!)

I did have a great friend (in the 80's) who had a 60's something Falcon with over 500,000 miles on it. He'd rebuilt that thing so many times, but it was flawless.

Oh yeah, mine had no heat or air either! If I could find my old 64 Olds JetStar 88 with 3 deuces, I'd pop wheelies around your "rocket ship". They were recalled, you know and never sold to the public. The only ones available were sold to Police organizations. Heavy duty everything. Speedometer went up to 250. I got stopped once on the interstate doing 160. Long story, I'll tell you via email.

This is the autoclub discussion group, isn't it? ;)

- Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Return to Come on in.