Starting SOON!!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting SOON!!!!

Postby sknychsr34 » December 31st, 2006, 10:44 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Tracie, I live in Honolulu Hawaii and Lord I LOVE IT HERE!!!!! I have two boys 8 and 12 yrs old. I've been married 14 years to a great guy that is in the Navy, he's stationed on a submarine which is leaving soon for 6 months. A blessing in disguise, this will be a lot easier on me with him not around. He is naturally skinny and can eat anything and everything he wants. I'm a stay at home Mom, I love to walk and was doing so in the AM and the PM with my friend but her hubby just came home from a 6 month deployment so the last thing she wanted to do was walk, hummmmm wonder why??? I did walk a bit on my own but not as much, then with Christmas fast approaching and wanting to shop, I stopped altogether, I hope to start back up soon though as I really do like walking, I'd just rather do it with a friend. Let me see.....Ohhh I'm 5'7.5" tall, I have to get that .5 inch in there case it makes a world of difference or so I tell myself!! At my heaviest weight I was 275, I lost 100 pounds doing various things, one was fen phen (when it was prescribed back in the day), I did the Zone diet for a while but got tired of all that counting, I've done WW but again the counting points YUCK, I've tried Jenny Craig and wasn't impressed with the taste of the food nor the cost of it. I did get as low as 158 but I LIVED in the gym and I'm not interested in that again. I do love to work out but not 3+ hours every day seven days a week. I just want to find a balance and get these last 40 or so pounds OFF!!!! So at this point I weigh 184, which with everything I have been eating lately, I'm sure will go up before I get my MF food. I placed my order online with MF the 28th of Dec and called the next day to to make sure my order was there and it was. I was told it probably wouldn't ship till next week some time. Then to give it 7-14 days to get to me. I'm hoping it doesn't take two weeks to get it over here. I think that sums it up for me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!!! I'm soooo EXCITED to do this!!!!!
Tracie
sknychsr34

Re: Starting SOON!!!!

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 31st, 2006, 11:04 pm

Hi there Tracie, from blustery Massachusetts! :wave:

Thank you for the great intro to you and your life... and welcome! :D Medifast will definitely got those 40 (or however many heh!) pounds right off you!

I look forward to seeing you around and cheering you on! :cheermed:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2007, 4:50 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome. This board is a treasure trove of good advice, support, love, friendship and humor. I hope to hear more from you soon! :D
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 1st, 2007, 7:30 am

Hi and welcome!

My order took about a week to arrive, but I'm in the contiguous - we have some Hawaii ladies here who might be able to give you an ETA, though.

Waiting for it to come is tough - some people try to change their habits right away and get ready, others (like me) use the time to say goodbye to old food friends. Do whatever works for you but know when your food gets to you, you have to be faithful and no going back to the exes! :lol:

Happy New Year and good luck - this is a great program!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sheri1103 » January 1st, 2007, 11:32 am

Welcome Tracie! You are in the right place. I have gotten so much support from this forum. M/F is an answer to a prayer. I had to place my monthly order (I live in OR) and it took longer due to the holidays, but it is due on Tuesday. So I am going to sign up for the Be Slim Club, that will ensure I will not run low.
Keep us informed of your progress, we are here to help!!
Sheri B
"One day at a time and one pound at a time"
sheri1103
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 1st, 2007, 12:12 pm

Welcome welcome welcome...youve chosen a great supportive family. Good luck on your journey.
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 1st, 2007, 1:58 pm

Aloha Tracie!!! Yay! another gal from Hawaii! Isn't is beautiful here?! How did you like New Year's eve with all the firecrackers?!!

You are going to love MF!! It's the best thing I've ever done for myself, and you are at the right place here on the MMT forum!

Let's get shakin 2007! :ukulele:

p.s.I am going to pm you. click your message box at the top of the page where it says "you have 1 message".
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby Amber » January 1st, 2007, 2:38 pm

Hi, Tracie & Happy New YOU to you!
This program works if you let it; go get 'em, Girl~
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sknychsr34 » January 1st, 2007, 3:31 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

nickieluv, I can't wait to start this journey!!! I am saying good-bye to all my food passions! I know I'm not going to eat pizza for the next 6 months, so I ate it the other day and boy did I feel GROSS!!! So I told myself, OK you wanted that, you ate it and now you feel sick REMEMBER THIS for the next time you want to eat that!!!

BerkshireGrl, I'm originally from RI!!! I'm not a fan of the cold weather!

Hulagirlfromhawaii, I think HI is HEAVEN! We did get to see some fireworks from our backyard!! My husband also set a few off that we had left over from the 4th too. So that was fun.
Tracie
sknychsr34

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2007, 3:41 pm

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:

p.s.I am going to pm you. click your message box at the top of the page where it says "you have 1 message".

Sniff, sniff. She NEVER PM's me....okay she did that once but it was a response to my PM. Hardly counts.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 1st, 2007, 6:35 pm

Hi Tracie!

Nice to Meetcha!

I know what you mean, I hardly ever walk without my walking buddies (who are 4-legged!), if they're not available (or in the same state), I just don't wanna!

Anyhoo, it's great to meet you and I hope your Medi-grub gets here soon! We'll nag you into losing that 40lbs without living in the gym (or at least I will!)

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » January 1st, 2007, 7:11 pm

Welcome Tracie!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 4th, 2007, 5:30 pm

bikipatra wrote:

Sniff, sniff. She NEVER PM's me....okay she did that once but it was a response to my PM. Hardly counts.

Awe Biki, I just saw this :( . I'll give ya a pm soon! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby bikipatra » January 4th, 2007, 5:41 pm

bikipatra wrote:

Awe Biki, I just saw this :( . I'll give ya a pm soon! :mrgreen:

Thanks! :heart:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Return to Come on in.