Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

You can do it!

Postby KimKim » October 28th, 2006, 10:55 am

Judy,

Welcome Back! I'm on my restart, too! I "took a break" that was *supposed* to be for a couple of weeks and it turned into eight weeks. I've restarted and had a hard time restarting (meanwhile, I got a friend on and she's doing great---I'm a GREAT motivator for everyone else LOL) but as of Oct. 23, I was back on plan --- not perfect but back on, nonetheless.

I think you're amazing for having lost 100s of lbs. You know you can do it.

I think I have a 'reverse' problem in terms of transition / maintenance / whatever. Mine is that I did not have a good understanding of nutrition, NEVER sought professional help for my weight problems and partially because although I was overweight (and then obese), it never really stopped me from doing what I needed to do. I was even an overweight aerobics instructor who remained frustrated that I could not get to goal but helped everybody else reach their fitness goals.

I went through a real slump period where I did no exercise and felt flabby and blah. After losing some weight on MF, I got sick of the extended level of flab (though I could have clearly exercised earlier) and wanted to go into superfitness mode, meaning beyond the 30 minutes MF recommends. I felt deprived and all twisted emotionally, so I convinced myself that it was okay to have fresh fruits and veggies on my trip to Cali. Then a little snack. Then a cookie. That led to about 20 cookies over a period of 7 days. That little binge scared me but they sure were tasty----and sooo not worth it! I went back to little to no sweets but I put my cravings into overload and could not / did not jump immediately on the MF wagon.

The ONLY thing that saved me from probably gaining all of the weight I'd lost back and then some was I made a pact with myself if I was going to go off MF, I had to engage in an exercise jumpstart. So, I joined the gym and went *almost* everyday. It was great. I gained 6-7lbs back from my deterrance from MF AND a proper maintenance diet but . . .

Now I'm back and I'm trying to do both the way the plan states.

All that to say . . . I understand and maybe the exercise part will help you. It's really all I have to offer these days, as you superwomen have the super poundage off skills that I haven't quite mastered . . . yet!

Let's help each other out. I also remember Jo (Serendipity) saying she lost at least 100 lbs before, gained it back, came to MF and voila, look at her!

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

successful start

Postby LAwoman » October 29th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Welcome back Mama, to both of u,s as I have a similar story.

And look how well you're already doing on your restart.
Keep up the great work.
Glad to have another supporter.
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Drama Queen » October 30th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Welcome back. You have come to the right place. As you know, the support on this Forum is AWESOME. We are all here to cheer for you!!

:goteam:
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Diana » October 30th, 2006, 10:54 pm

JUDY!!!!! Hi!!!

It's so good to see you again!! I'm so proud of you for coming back!

I remember looking at Dayna's progress and thinking I'd never get out of the 40# club! You bet your sweet little bippy you can do this!!

So, grab hold, my dear! Keep you arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times and do not release until the car comes to a full and complete stop!

(Hello to your hubby, too!)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Lizabette » November 2nd, 2006, 5:26 pm

Image ON COMING BACK, JUDY!!

We're with you all the way to help you stay on track.

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.