Back at square one

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Back at square one

Postby TamiL » August 31st, 2004, 4:36 pm

Hey Guys and Girls...
I had to post and come clean, once again. Its the only way I can pick myself back up. I re-started Medifast a few weeks ago..I had 11 days...of the full fast, I was FEELING GREAT!! going strong...then BAM..out of the blue...I LOST IT!! I read Mikes posts...I read the forum and read my old posts...and try and understand WHY this is so difficult to STICK to now for me...I read how motiviated I was, I did this for months..and fell down a few times, but always got right back up...but latley...getting back on track is very difficult. I cant stress enuf to those of you who have the PROGRAM...and are faithful to it...DONT STRAY, its so hard to get back on and stay on without cheating. The awful thing is...who am I cheating but myself? no one. I try and think back to what I was thinking when I took that first bite of junk...it all started with one Drink...out with friends..that lead to the eating. I got that "im feeling good" feeling...I can have just one drink...that lead to 2....that lead to EATING...and then the guilt comes for days...and I eat over that!! now Im back at Day 1...again...for the millionth time. I wont give up on this...I have 5 weeks untill My Italy trip...do I want to go there weighing 15 pounds more...or 15 pounds less and back to where I was? IM FOOLING no one here, but ME!! I just needed to come clean. again.
Today is my day one again....if I could just get 21 days of it...clean...like the first time...it became habit...it was easy...thats my magic number right now....Tami's 21 day challange...to stay faithful....no more sabotage..no more cheating myself....
I have to do this. IM on my knees today praying to god to help me....keep my HONEST with myself, and keep me centered...aware of my feelings...and faithful to this once again...
:oops:
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 31st, 2004, 5:18 pm

Tamil,

Confession is good for the soul. I'm proud of you for recognizing your faults, and for having the strength to try again. As they say, if at first you don't succeed, try try again. It's failure when you give up! Success will be yours if you try. Fight :lightbeam: those urges. Don't have the "just one" that can lead to another one.

Anytime I feel like cheating, I hear your words. They help me a great deal. THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2004, 7:04 pm

TamiL ~

Aww...do ya need us to come over and hold you real tight? :pet:

I know you feel like :brickwall: or like :table: or like :hammerhead:
but just give it up, Girl.

Forgive yourself, do not look back - look at the right-now-this-very-moment & slurp that shake, have a big gnarly glass of H2O and look forward to a healthier thinner trip to Italy.

Tam, perhaps it would be best to sequester yourself for a while. Terry and I turned down some social engagements in our early weeks of Medifasting because we didn't want to put ourselves in dangerous territory.

Hangeth in there, Kid... :heart:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 1st, 2004, 2:42 am

Tamil, you might "think" you're back at square one, or square two today, hopefully, but you're farther than that BECAUSE you are still holding onto the success it took you to get to the 10# club last time. This is just a re-do of a portion and then the doors open to even more pronounced successes.

Maybe if you'd keep in touch with the members of this group via a thread such as this it could assist you. Those 11 days it seems you were doing it totally alone w/o communicating your experiences and without benefit of any personal interaction, like, say, :hug: :toast: :cleader: and so on. Eleven days was worth sharing and celebrating here, with us lovely folks, and you CAN get rolling again once you can make it through just a couple of days in a row. Maybe this can be your challenge thread. Or something like Lois has.

Seems at that point, our will to do "really good" kicks in. Maybe it's the ketosis, but the point is that you can do it and you can get all of that control back again. You're in charge, like Marseilles was telling me. We must appreciate that about ourselves. I wish you the best today!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » September 1st, 2004, 6:49 am

Hi Tami Girl! We are rooting for you. As you begin your start, post often. Seems that those that are true to the program seek comfort on this board. I know I do, and I have had the weight off for over 9 months, I still come here daily. Post, keep us in the loop. We ALL know your feelings.

Here for you!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lois » September 1st, 2004, 7:39 am

Hi Tami,

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! I KNOW you can! I'm on DAY 14 of my 100DC....and if I can stick with this, so can you!

I am rooting for you all the way.

POST DAILY...it helps so much!

love,

Lois
Lois

Postby Landylue » September 1st, 2004, 9:48 am

Tami!!! Me and you, kid! As of today, 1 Sep, I'm back at full throttle! I can't believe that I've been dragging my backside for so long across this plateau. I haven't gained, but even with 5 days a week in the gym, I haven't lost but 4 ounces! Arrrrrrgh!!!

So, I've officially enlisted the additional assistance of 'The Hulk', a 6'5" personal trainer, who's not unlike a relentless 1st Sgt with a long, sharp stick, and together we're all gonna do this! Luckily, The Hulk is a 'perk' that comes with my job--I've just always been too prideful to go ask him for help. (Well, pride and the fact that I have to endure getting my measurements taken--how humiliating!) The Hulk is on me like a duck on a junebug. It's like having Guido shadow you all day. He's turned both my husband and I on to 'America on the Move', a program dedicated to get Americans walking 10,000 steps a day. Our pedometers never leave our bodies except to take a bath.

Come join us, Tami. Duct tape a pedometer on your backside if you have to, and get to logging those 10,000 steps a day. You'll be surprised how quickly they mount up.

Here's wishing us BOTH luck.

Keep in touch!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 1st, 2004, 11:27 am

Landy,

What a GREAT idea! 10,000 steps a day!!! I'm gonna get a pedometer and do this! GREAT!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Nancy » September 1st, 2004, 11:57 am

Landy, etc. ~

Plateaus can occur if you are exercising TOO much and not taking in enough food. Your body freaks out; goes into storage mode will withhold the stores of fat. Muscle weighs more than flabbage.

IF you are on the complete fast - no regular food, particularly shakes only, you will need 7 shakes a day...Medifast 70 formulation is recommended ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Landylue » September 1st, 2004, 12:49 pm

You know, Nancy, I hadn't even thought of switching over to Medifast 70. That's a wonderful idea, and I can't believe that it never occured to me to do that when I threw myself into the gym. I've got to order more pretty soon, and I'll certaily switch over and see if it does any good. I'm eating one meal a day now, in hopes of kicking myself off this plateau, but it hasn't helped. It certainly hasn't hurt, but, like Tami, once I got off the total fast, I couldn't seem to get back on again no matter how determined I got.

So, again, heads-up to all the newbies--Tami's advice is golden, DON'T TAKE THAT FIRST BITE! NO! NADA! NEGATIVE! SPIT IT OUT! TURN YOUR BACK! STOP IT! PUT IT DOWN AND BACK AWAY!!!

It's soooo hard running after that moving train to Thinsville when you fall off the back of it. You guys, lean out and grab hold--that's me and Tami hot-footin' it down the track behind the caboose. We'll catch up with you any minute now.

Landylue
Landylue

Postby Nancy » September 1st, 2004, 1:36 pm

FYI Medifast 70 is for males and ACTIVE females.

It has but 10 calories more than the MF 55 but more protein - beneficial for those females who work out. :weightlift:

:jumprope: Pant, pant...Leopard Woman just climbed off her bike and treadmill...having a MF + Women's Health Choc Shake :guzzle: and headin' for Shower Hour... :drive: then off to the mall for some skinny Vacation clothes...BECAUSE SHE CAN!

You can do it, too - one shake at a time is how your reach your goal!
:toast:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Ria » September 1st, 2004, 3:54 pm

Alright Tami,

I am starting fresh today too and coming clean. No more nuts for me...not until the rest of this flab is gone anyway. I am joining you on the 21 day new habit. Deal? Nuts BeGONE! I will journal here regarding the :twisted: Nuts kick I have been on since I made the move to FL.

Day 1 - 9/1/2004

3 shakes
1 Bar/1 cup coffee
1 lean/green - (3 ounces Cod fish, mixed greens)
84 + ounces water.
NO NUTS!
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » September 1st, 2004, 6:33 pm

Ria ~

I had to laugh about the :twisted: NUTZ...I think I told you before about my husband Terry - :twisted: nuts are his major downfall, too.

Unca frequently picks up a pounder bag of those smoked almonds.

Well, I carefully count out 6 to 8 for me to have on a big salad for supper and Terry often will count out 10 for himself.

THEN about an hour or two after supper, I hear the cupboard open [cr--r-r-e-a-k...), the lid to the Tupperware container burps open and before ya know it, the rest of the pounder minus 16 smoked almonds has strangely disappeared! :shock:

Maybe :twisted: Nutz :twisted: have to be your Forbidden Food for a while - maybe forever.

I still have not had any popcorn since July 15th, 2002 at 8 PM...just not gonna go there.

Les Schwab Tires and Target are also off-limits for me, as they pop corn and pipe the smell throughout their store. Wally World makes it, too but I just avoid coming in one of their doors and I am able to escape the waft of the wonderful smelling flab creator!

BTW, I see that you listed your protein as THREE ounces of codfish - Ria, my Pretty, that is NOT enough protein for the Lean 'n Green.

Thinnin' Women, you need FOUR or FIVE ounces of cooked meat, fish or poultry...

Hunkster Men, you get SIX - SEVEN ounces of meat, fish or poultry
Last edited by Nancy on September 1st, 2004, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Landylue » September 1st, 2004, 6:42 pm

OK, Tami. Accountability time! How did you do today? Have you picked up on the fact that you are one of this forum most favorites and we want you to succeed as badly as we want ourselves to succeed?

We're here listening, Tami. Are you running along beside us tonight?

Landylue
Landylue

Postby explorthis » September 1st, 2004, 10:07 pm

Wally World makes it, too but I just avoid coming in one of their doors and I am able to escape the waft of the wonderful smelling flab creator!

Hmmm, bout the only thing I “sniffs” when I enter our Wally World is… uh… Never mind.

Nuts!!! My weakness also. I have always been a nutty guy, duh ya think? Pecan-ing aside, a bag/box/truckload of walnuts, almonds, any basic nut was my weakness, with exception to the (name withheld to protect the Medifasters) pasty stuff in the jar, some brands begin with a J and end with an IFF – get it? I don’t – not my sandwich. But nuts yikes. One of the things I had to cautiously learn to eat sparingly. I would easily consume an entire can of Almonds, or ½ jar of Planters without thought, not realizing he amount of fat involved. Common, nuts, natural? Can’t be all that bad can they? Read your labels – they is murder on the middle. Now cautiously like Nancy, or more like Terry a large pinch of 10’ish, well maybe a few more are my cautious snack. Interestingly enough, now I realize, satisfaction can easily come after just a serving, instead of an elephant sized portion – as does all the other good items that will await you once you are ready to return to the new-eating-life.

It will be there in ALL it’s glory, the food, the NUTS, the NEW and IMPROVED you. You will be ready, and you will WANT to toss caution to the wind – trust me!

Worth it, smaller portions and all.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Next

Return to The Weight Room