I am back from Ireland and back on Medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am back from Ireland and back on Medifast

Postby marge » August 23rd, 2004, 4:14 am

Hi guys and gals..I made it safely to Ireland and back last night...if you remember I loaded a case with MF products and would you believe security did open the suitcase and inspect..I would have loved to have seen their faces on opening the packages :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was very difficult for me to stay on a full medifast in Ireland too many dinners and lunches and what fabulous food.

I did not gain but lost a fews pounds

talk soon

still recovering from jet lag

marge

200/180/150
marge
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » August 23rd, 2004, 4:45 am

Welcome back marge and good for you for stickin to your program while away!!
I am going to Italy in 6 weeks...this has alot to do with whats motivating me to STICK to medifast this time..I want to loose the weight I gained when I went off track here the last few months..and I want to be able to go to Italy and have my shakes and not slip...Ill be going strong by then...and 10 days in Italy will be EASY I hope!! growing up in an itallian family where everything is about food...and visiting where my family is from with them will be a challange, while they constantly say "come on..munga" "eat eat eat"...but Ill be slurpin away on my shakes....I may have to do some lean/green to simply taste the food from there..but I am not derailing from this anymore....I will reach my goal this time!! I WILL I WILL I WILL!!

WELCOME BACK MARGE!! :-P
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby RavenKat » August 23rd, 2004, 5:06 am

Yay Marge! We missed you!!!!!

Went to Ireland and LOST weight!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » August 23rd, 2004, 5:29 am

Hey Marge,

I was thinking of you the other day - WAY TO GO!

Get some rest,

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » August 23rd, 2004, 8:15 am

MARGE!!!!!!!

Welcome back, I missed you...

Glad your back!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lois » August 23rd, 2004, 9:07 am

Welcome back, Marge! How wonderful that you were able to enjoy a little bit of the irish food and still lose weight!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Postby Nancy » August 23rd, 2004, 9:46 am

Dear dear Marge ~

Welcome home, our Friend and Fabulous Loser!

So :D happy that you had a safe and happy trip.

We wanna hear all about it.

Get some :snooze: rest, unpack your suitcases and fill us in on all the nitty gritty of traveling abroad.

TamiL and others will need to know how ya did it!

We are going on a family vacation next month and we are having our MF sent to the hotel. Saves room in the suitcases. Of course we will have some products in our carry-on - we will have better meals than any of the other passengers!

I laughed about your comment about the inspectors...

I usually take my MF out of the boxes and put the packets into Ziplok bags. Then I cut off the front panel of a box or two and tuck it inside the Zippy in case I get asked about the packet contents - I just tell them it is my medical food.

Be SURE to put your boxes or packets of MF inside plastic bags - it can rip open and make a mess.

Terry just flung packets into his suitcase ONCE - it was nasty, Folks - it was a Medimess all over his underdoodies and shirts. :roll:

Marge, how Didja MF on the plane? Did ya drink all your water? :water:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 26th, 2004, 1:07 pm

Hello Marge,

I'm certainly impressed that you LOST weight while on vacation. :hi5: THAT would be a real test for me! Hope it's more than the luck of the Irish (although I'm Irish too and would love to go to Ireland). Just goes to show you that following this plan works in whatever situation! Welcome home. :rose:

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 28th, 2004, 10:33 am

WOW! That is great! I don't know that I'd have been as good and actually come back weighing LESS--my hope would have been to maintain! LOL That is impressive thugh!
Hope you had a wonderful time and were able to enjoy more of the trip since you weren't worrying about FOOD!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Harder to stay on track and lose weight here than in Ireland

Postby marge » September 10th, 2004, 1:03 pm

Hi all.....yep it is much harder in the USA to stay thin because we are used to getting such large portions everywhere and I found in Ireland when I went out to eat...the portion were small but oh so very good and you did not leave the table feeling stuffed but satisfied all the same.

I am back opn MF but I will have a break once a week to go out to eat..like tonight we are going to see MAMA MIA and we decided to eat light before the show and very light afterwards......I did have my shakes and oatmeal today...boy I love my oatmeal.....apple cinnamon is my favorite and love the 2 new bars....smores and fruit and raisin I think it is....I usually have one of these after a workout.......

Keep trekking...oh yeah...this is also something I am planning to start doing....trekking with trekking poles.....it is a great whole body workout and same as well on the body. I have had 3 hip replacements and have to have a revision on Dec. 7 this year....yuck what a ugly xmas present....and I also have a very bad back....

The Irish in me wont shut up.....to be continued...keep up the great work one and all

hugs

marge

200/182/150........

:goteam:
marge
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » September 10th, 2004, 5:57 pm

Hi, Marge,

Thanks for the update. Gllad to hear you're having some fun as in the play tonight and and making it through the week, too.

It would suit me just fine if one could get a lower-priced meal that contained half or so of what they usually provide. Of course, that probably won't ever happen and it's just wishful thinking, I suppose. Maybe more movies such as Super Size Me, which I didn't see, will have a positive influence on the food industry in that regard.

You're going to have to think of a good present for yourself for Christmas for izabelle's thread in Weight Loss; that hip replacement just will not cut it!! ;) As there's still time, I'm counting on you to come up with something good. I will assume you're an ambitious woman to be thinking of doing that trekking thing. :hammerhead: This is not a guy with a hammer, it's me tipping my hat to 'ya. Take care!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby shineface » September 15th, 2004, 4:26 pm

Hey Marge ---

Awesome job!!!!!! Great to see your smiling face upon my return to the land of MFers!!!!

:stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Vacation...

Postby Reenie » September 17th, 2004, 12:12 pm

I too am going on vacation to Mexico for 10 days and am starting my MF plan next week. I have 6 weeks before I leave. I am praying I will stay on plan for the entire time....Did security at the airport rip through your products, or leave them intact. :roll:
Reenie

Postby Nancy » September 17th, 2004, 10:03 pm

Hi, Reenie ~

I'm not sure what Marge's experience with security was but this is ours - Our bags were searched not in our presence, we found little cards inside our suitcases indicating a FAA search had occurred. It was obvious that someone had rifled through our clothing as things were all askew.

Our daughter and son-in-law went to Mexico a few weeks ago and their bags were searched and Immigration authorities just asked them what was in the boxes. Becky had RTDs and bars only and just explained that the boxes contained medical grade soy protein for her special diet. No further questions and they had no problems whatsoever!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.