Back at square one

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Nancy » September 2nd, 2004, 7:17 pm

Hey, Ria ~

Woo Hoo for you!

Just back from a little trip to the grocery store with Terry in tow...this is really a crack up - we were in the produce aisle, I was selecting cukes and zukes, Romaine and onions and the Nut Man headed straight for the bins...he scooped up a couple of HUMONGOUS scooperfuls of smoked almonds into a plastic bag, gave the bag a spin and closed the top with a wire twisty.

BTW, Folks, Nut Man has no idea what I write here on the Forum. None whatsoever. By now he should know that there are no secrets with Aunt Blabby…

I shopped the rest of the aisles with an :twisted: little grin on my mug...we got the groceries scanned - I bagged 'em while Nut Man wrote the check and paid the clerk. I noticed that NM was :shock: eyeballing the groceries. :scratch: Hmm..was he wondering where I placed the beloved NUTS???

We strolled through the parking lot and when we arrived at our spot, NM unlocked the door for me, as he is wont to do. Boy howdy! :hug: That makes me feel very special and so :D inside. :heart:

NM stashed the groceries in the back of the van and climbed in beside me; plastic bag in his clutches and placed it on the console between us.
:grin: Silly grin spreads across my face and NM puts the car into reverse and heads for home.

“Whatcha smilin’ about, Honey?” he asks.

Leopard Woman replies, “Oh, nuttin’ really.”

Before we left the parking lot and turned onto the main highway, I hear the crackling of a plastic bag.

:eat: Crunching sounds pervade the interior of the van and they are not mine...

NM succumbs again!

When we got home, Nut Man and I carried in the groceries. Unca was sitting at the supper table having a little respite.

He spied Terry gripping the bag of NUTS…big old grin spreads across Unca’s face. I cracked up – “Wait until I report this to Ria!”

After putting the remaining NUTS into the cupboard, the oblivious Nut Man retreated to his office. Betcha he can’t eat just one! :hmmm:

Ria, you have figured out your weak area and you are doing something about it. There will be a time when you may have those NUTS again but for now, you understand the value of avoidance.

You are on your way, Girl! :boing:

(Hey, are you in danger of Hurricane Frances?)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby TamiL » September 2nd, 2004, 8:13 pm

Mike and Carrie...thanks for the chuckle!! :lol: you guys are NUTS...lol
and RIA...thanks for joining my 21 day challange with me....I am also a NUT lover...cant have just a few..or even a handful...those are enemy territory for me!! have to stay clear of them!! we can do this...one day at a time!!

Carrie...Hope this hurricane is NOT near you??? My prayers are with you all that are in Florida....
Couldnt keep getting back up without you guys...your my medifast family.

THANK YOU ;)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Carrie » September 3rd, 2004, 5:05 am

Hang in there girlie, you can make it past these first couple tough days.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

So far, I'm in the clear for the hurricane. We will probably have heavy rain and wind, but nothing that bad. I am very concerned about Jeanette and Marseilles - it looks like they're going to get this one - I'll be thinking of you girls...

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 3rd, 2004, 6:09 am

Buwahahahahahaha! You bunch of nuts!
I bought a big bag of organic cashews for my kids a couple of weeks ago and I never even think about them! Isn't it strange how we all have different triggers?
NANCY if I were you I'd be buying those little snack-packs of smoked almonds! LOL If he wants to overeat, make him have to deal with all those little packages!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2004, 7:57 am

Susanna -

Wowser! What a GREAT idea! He most likely would not enjoy having me spend more $ per pound on those little packets than the price for a bulk bag of almonds but it WOULD be a good tool - he WOULD have to work a bit more to get the package open and the portion size would be just about right. ;)

SOME portion-controlled items are a good way for Foodies to go. I am thinking of those lunch box packages of Fritolay chips, etc. There are some that really are a perfect size - just a small handful of corn chips - much better for us than having one of those big hog bags that we somehow just can't put down and before ya know it, we end up scarfing the entire bag during a TV show. Candy bars come in those "Fun Sizes" but so often I ended up eating the ENTIRE one pound bag of the Fun Size bars. :cry:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby elle4nelly » September 3rd, 2004, 11:25 am

Nancy...You've got to be kidding me !!!!!!!!!!!! Portion control??? who are you?? Super fly leopard woman!!

If I bought a canister full of nuts or a bag of chips....and went through all that trouble to pack it all in small portions in tiny plastic bags. This is what would happen. I'd eat one tiny portion controlled bag. Then the urge would be overwhelming!!!!!!!! I'd be like scr--w this :x ...I'd walk to the kitchen..grab all the tiny portion bags..dump them all in a big bowl and eat everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

With me....nothing that can get me in trouble is allowed around...Cauz..I've got no controll over "Compulsive eating". YET!

You Rock Nancy. I want to be just like you and Mike someday!!!! :D
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2004, 12:44 pm

Elley4nelley ~

Naw, I am not Super Fly LW!
Like you, it is BEST for us to not have that kind of FOODY stuff laying around the old MakeMeThinner Cottage.

"Out of sight" is not necessarily out of mind but when something is out of reach, it tends to slow us down and makes us have to work harder to get it and provides the time for impulsive compulsives to think it through and to determine if it truly is something that we must have right at this very moment.

Is it worth the trouble to get dressed, :drive: drive to the store and scarf it or is being thin, looking fabulous and feeling good and love being skinny more valuable than succumbing to a bag of Sour Cream 'n Onion tater chips and a carton of Breyer's and a bottle of Magic Shell?

Honey, I do not think that the :twisted: DESIRE :twisted: for food ever goes away for true Foodies.

Oh I want that stuff, too.

I have had to really :weightlift: fight the :x urges this week of eating cookies. I have NO idea why I want them. I just do. I am slender and I COULD easily have some. I can afford to have some cookies - both financially and calorically. BUT I carefully spend my calories each day and each week.

I do not want to get into the habit of giving in to my whims.

I shall no longer let food be in control of me.

Cookies, cheesecake and truffles no longer tell me what to do. I tell them where to go and when they may come.

Every day, sometimes every single moment is a choice.
:bib: Thick or thin?
:yeah: :puke: Sick or trim? :yes:

We are going to a :bib: BarBQ Sunday after church and I am taking a yummy dessert. I will have grilled salmon, salad - most likely a variety of salads will be there and I am having dessert. ;)

I want dessert every day of my life. It is not good for me to have dessert every dang day of my life. Therefore, dessert does not cross my lips every day.

We DO have sugar-free Jello once or twice a week.

Unca is perpetually skinny. He has a Boston Cream Pie in the fridge right now.

Inheritently Skinny people do not eat an entire Boston Cream Pie during a half an hour sitcom. Foodies do.

Unca had a slice of his BCP last night and probably won't have another for a day or two.

Do you think that the BCP knows MY name?

You bet it does!

Has it called me to come forth? Yeah!
Have I entertained the thought of having a weensy slice of it? :scratch: Well, I do live and breathe...

I have learned that NOTHING (absolutely Nuttin') tastes as good as thin feels.

I love being slender, sexy and sizzlin' (well, as sexy and sizzlin' as a soon-to-be-56-year-young-woman-next-month-can be!)

I LOVE being slender, sexy and sizzlin' MORE than I want desserts.

You can DIEt for a day, DIEt for a week, DIEt for a month or two or three and then go HOG WILD and DOINK right back up there and be bigger, flabbier, porkier, fluffier and whacked out more than ever before or choose to eat healthy and be healthy moment after moment, day after boring day, month after month, etc.

I'm doin' this for life, Friends!

Life's a kick THINNER!
Does Leopard Woman ever have lousy days?

Well, yeah...but lemme tell ya, it's a WHOLE lot better having a lousy skinny day than having a LOUSY FLABBY DAY!!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Carrie » September 3rd, 2004, 12:51 pm

Nancy,
It's funny you mentioned cookies - out of nowhere last night I had a cookie craving - it popped into my head whole - I knew what kind I wanted, and had a 'flashback' of chewing them. I ignored it, but it was odd how it just popped into my head all of a sudden. It's kinda wierd to observe how your mind acts about food - when you have no intention of giving in to cravings and are kinda watching it from an observers standpoint.

Anyway, we must be ESPing about cookies. I find the MF bars can really satisfy a sweet craving - they're really a treat.

Carrie
Carrie

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2004, 1:12 pm

Carrie ~

Amusing thought abouy ESPing cookie thoughts...how can I ESP skinny thoughts to Folks who keep going off their plan???

Yeah! Those MF bars are really good.

I have had a few people confess that they ate the whole box in one day. :lol:

They lay off for a few months until they get into a "thinner-healthier state of mind" and then place a re-order! :-P

I have one client that has her husband keep the bars in an undisclosed location and he doles them out to her one at a time. ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Carrie » September 3rd, 2004, 1:24 pm

undisclosed location................. hee hee hee, I love it.

I don't know - I wish the ESPing worked - cause we'd all be sticking to the plan without a problem for all the heartfelt support we extend to one another.

I can't even tell you why sometimes I can stick to it and sometimes I can't - I'm not sure why this time I've made it firmly back on the program. My best guess is that I got to the point where I was just ABSOLUTELY fed up with feeling out of control. And I am trying really hard to work on the unconscious reasons why I eat. I'm reading the MF book, "I Wish I Was Thin, I Wish I Was Fat", "Fattitudes" and "Life is hard, food is easy" all at the same time. After going through that period of a couple weeks where every day I would try to go back on the program and fail, I knew I had something more going on than meets the eye. It is so demoralizing to feel like you aren't in control, and the more I read about the unconscious, the more it seems to make sense. And I can identify now what some of those forces urging me to eat are - and why I have them. I realize it's not an overnight thing, but hopefully resolving these issues will help me make a lifelong change in behavior.

My .02,
Carrie
Carrie

Postby elle4nelly » September 3rd, 2004, 2:48 pm

Well Friends!!!!

The Battle rages on and on and on..................

I'd like to think that one day we will all overcome the battle of the buldges and the battle of compulsive overeating.
One day at a time, someday we will overcome these issues.

By the way..I have to report this BIG-Victory :D .....It's 3.30 pm and we get this email at work. " Please show up in the conference room for a B-day party..blah..blah...." I really like the B-day person so I went. Everyone was Goo goo gaga this over this thick chocolate cake with chocolate Icing on it...and of course at least 3 people said..."Nelly..aren't you having any??". I replied a simple no with such non-chalance!!! :shock: It was so natural to turn it down 3times! I actually shocked myself!! I told myself that it is really a choice even if the impulse makes it harder some days. IT is still my choice to walk away or to cave into something I'll simply regret and end up consoling myself with more helping of crap. :hammerhead: DUH??? Now if I could have this attitude everyday of my life....I'd be at goal and wonderfully thin!! ..oh well...At least Today...I won that battle...this whole week I've been stronger than usual. I think reaching the " Fed-up " point last weekend and being fueled with the Anger to " Just do it"....is my greatest asset right now....I hope not to run out os steam again for a long time...hopefully by then I'll be like you Nancy...Sizzling - Thin! :D :D

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » September 3rd, 2004, 8:39 pm

Nelly, you STUDette! (Can I call you that?)

Proud of you! First step!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 3rd, 2004, 9:02 pm

Hey elle4nelly,

That goes to show you
"Just say no"
works!

Congratulations on your victory today. Stay on the winning side! :hi5:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby elle4nelly » September 5th, 2004, 9:34 am

:oops: :lol:

Mike AND Camille:
Thank you so much for the compliment!!!
Yes!!! I feel like a " Studette". And OH YEAH..." Just say NO" does work!
Saturday, my best friend who is like a waif...all 120 lbs of her...or lesser...came over. Well, she's my biggest saboteur. The chick's never known a day in the obese life. Yet she constantly complain that she's fat and weighs herself each day and on the other hand she's always trying to drag me to restaurant where I end up giving in. Anyway, she insists to go to dinner Saturday night and I decided to go. I figured; all my attempts to make her understand medifast have failed and been met with a " Disgusted eye roll..huhhh??? you can't eat? isn't this dangerous?.." Well...I told her very firmly. I ATE! I'll go with you and sip on a diet coke. I sat in front of her ultra skinny person for 1 1/2 hour while she gulped down 2 Fancy alcoholic drinks and ate a burger with Mushroom Burgundy sauce all over it.!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) Let me tell ya...I sipped that diet coke nicely and never never even wanted a bite of what she had!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!
I am too Angry and fueled by anger right now. I have had enough of me being FAT!!! And we're on a speed train to thinville. The choice is sooooooo clear now. Give in, fall off and try to run after the train. Or keep saying no and be beautifully thin in 4 months????
Mike ? I admire you because I know how much strength now, it takes to be and stay focus toward a goal. If I just hang on. In 4 months maybe 5 I'll rid myself of the remaining 91 LBS and be the best I can be! It's all up to me.
Anyway, that was another victory. And this morning on the 7th day of my LAST RESTART DATE EVER 08/30/04 I lost 9.1 lbs. Going from 233.7 to 224.6lbs.
Yeap! I started back on Jan 24th. Lost 35lbs by Feb 25th where I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks. Ever since I did the yoyo thing.

Not anymore! 9.1 lbs gone in 7 days. 91lbs more to go. Reaching my goal? It's all up to me!

On route to thinville friends!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Ria » September 7th, 2004, 9:01 am

Tami/NancyI apologize that I have not posted but Hurricane Frances came straight through Polk county, Florida--where I just moved off course. Fortunately, there was no major damage just downed trees and debris from trees and some runoff from the lake.

I did move to higher ground and that meant going to my moms, where the Nut monster (my brother) lives. Here is how I fared though...

9/03/04 (Friday)
4 Shakes
1 bar
90 ounces water
40 mins Eliptical
10 treadmill
10 mins Abs
4 ounces chicken/mixed salad greens

9/04/04
3 Shakes
1 bar
90 ounces water