Starting out...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting out...

Postby Reenie » September 17th, 2004, 12:08 pm

I have tried to read everything and anything on this Medifast plan that I can. I ordered my one month starter kit (using the MEDBH promotional code = savings of $79.00). I see that I only get 3 shakes per day with this kit, as well as the other foods, i.e., soup, bars, etc. at the rate of 1 every other day. Please tell me what you eat for that one meal and which meal you eat at. I would like some input to help me get going next week. Also, I see all the recipes for the MF foods on this website. Is my understanding correct that you can "jimmy" with a shake product to make such things as "iced caramel coffee" in place of just a shake, etc. Please advise. Any advice will be coveted. I need to lose about 100 lbs and this is my last ditch effort. I feel as though I have tried and tried and tried and continue to gain. I look forward to all your encouragement and I hope to be able to inspire or encourage others as I begin my journey.

Thanks for listening... ;)
Reenie

Postby Jeanette » September 17th, 2004, 12:32 pm

Hi Reenie! Welcome!

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions section for answers to most of the things you asked.

As far as "jimmying' the shakes....most of us have it down to an art form! Any of the recipes found on this site (look undewr Lean Cuisine) are LEGAL. Because shakes are what they are, some creativity is necessesary to make them tolerable at times. Believe it or not, some folks are comfortable with the plain old dutch chocolate flavor and nothing else. You'll find out what suits you best as you go along.

Just remember: anything you mix with your drink has to be 0 calories, lie water, diet soda, crystal light powder, coffee, etc.

STick around and read all you can--you will learn alot!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 17th, 2004, 2:17 pm

Welcome Reenie! :wave:

I learned a lot by reading the Quick Start Handbook that will come with your starter kit. Good for you for pursuing yet another diet when you've experienced so many that have failed. We are all in the same boat here. THIS diet really works for me, and I firmly believe will work for anyone who follows the plan. Looking forward to seeing you here!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.