Starting all over.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Starting all over.

Postby cdixon » May 24th, 2004, 2:05 pm

I so totally cheated over the weekend. :(

I am back on board today and hope to never give in to temptation again. :oops:

I wasn't even on the program for 2 weeks and I just lost all control. I feel so rotten about it.

I guess there is nothing else but to pick up the pieces and go on.
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
250/240/Goal#1 is 200 and after I get there...
cdixon
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » May 24th, 2004, 2:29 pm

Christina
There have been a few time since I started Medifast that I BLEW IT!! It usually happened around the time "aunt flo" was visiting...but I learned that the trick is...to forgive yourself..and pick yourself up and dust off...RIGHT AWAY...and start again...dont beat yourself up over it...just get right back on track!! its hard to get over a "binge"...but I have learned the hard way ..... that if you let yourself stay in that guilt...that you wont be able to start over again right away!! and one day of eating bad leads to another..that leads to another..and before you know it....your back where you started!!

;) dont get discouraged..just start again!!
get shakin girl...youll be dropping pounds again in no time!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » May 24th, 2004, 2:44 pm

I wasn't even on the program for 2 weeks and I just lost all control. I feel so rotten about it.

I guess there is nothing else but to pick up the pieces and go on.

Hey, Christina, no one is perfect. Out of curiosity, when you were actually “indulging” in the cheat, were you thinking before hand, that you were actually going to cheat? I mean, there had to be forethoughts that came with whatever you did? Was it a drive-thru, or a restaurant, or something at home? Was it a planned cheat, where you just said “screw it”, or was it just a weak moment? I know for fact, 2 weeks had to be such a commitment, but then you had to obviously think before hand, did you not? Was it more than once? (I am gathering yes – since you “lost all control”) I am not badgering you, just wondering what happens before the actual cheat, to see if you can put your fingers on it for next time, so there is no next time. Like Tami says, we have to pick up the pieces and brush off, start again. She also said, and this is so important:

One day of eating bad leads to another that leads to another and before you know it, your back where you started!!

This is true. Don’t let one weekend of episodes cause your demise. This is a “true to you” program. No one is going to know but you. You will look back soon, and say to yourself, “I am glad I stuck with it”

I promise.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby cdixon » May 24th, 2004, 3:01 pm

It wasn't a planned cheat at first. I was just feeling a little under the weather so I decided to "eat a little something". I had checked my blood sugar before I ate and it was normal (I was not thinking about cheating at that time - I was actually checking to make sure it wasn't low so that I could drink an extra shake if I had to). Anyway, I just kind of ate my lean & green meal and then I ate a little more and I started feeling a little better so then I ate a little more and then a little more. Then by Saturday night I had switched from feeling a little better to feeling really really bad (when I binge it really screws up my blood sugars). By Sunday I had lost all control and was going out to eat, etc. I totally zoned Medifast out of my mind and well... here I am.

I really think it started out as a weak moment and then escalated into a "just screw it".
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
cdixon

Postby explorthis » May 24th, 2004, 3:40 pm

I really think it started out as a weak moment and then escalated into a "just screw it".

Soooooooooooooooooo... Were back at it now ??

Good! I knew your answer was yes.

Glad to hear it!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Don't get discouraged

Postby Echo » May 24th, 2004, 8:51 pm

I think weekends are maybe the hardest to stay on the program. Don't be discouraged that you went off the program over the weekend. I'm so glad that come Monday you got back on the program and the forum! You did it for two weeks and lost 10 lbs! In another few weeks it could be 20 lbs! We are all in this together, and the people who have been on the program for a while have had weak moments too, but they succeeded and so can we.

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » May 24th, 2004, 11:22 pm

Howdy, Christina ~

You came to the right place and you did the right thing! You confessed. That is SO right and this can be a safe place to come and to tell all. :help:

A week ago I wanted to have something on my "special" list and Folks, I absolutely CAN have it (bread from the bakery 1 mile from my house) since I am relatively thin BUT I also knew that we were going to go after church the very next day to some friends' house for supper.

I was asked to bring dessert to our friends’ home and I had planned to make little chocolate shells filled with choc mousse and fresh strawberries and I would definitely be eating that delectable goody! I had no idea what the host was going to prepare but assumed it would contain more calories than what Terry and I usually ‘spend’ on a typical supper.

I also knew that I had gone out for Mexican food Friday afternoon.

My rule is to not overeat two days in a row.

Do you see it comin’ here?

I just needed to stop and buy some bread for Communion.

Now I could have asked Terry to pick it up and then I could avoid the scrumptious temptations that would surely waft into my nasies and the beloved sight of other fresh-baked wonders on the lace-edged shelves…

So, if I visited the bakery, I would WANT the bread, I might be weak and give in and think, ‘oh, what’s a slice or two of fresh bread gonna do? You’ve already lost 130 pounds. You look good. You feel good. It won’t hurtcha. Much.”

Get the drift here?

It is SO easy to slip into Rationalization Mode.

The voices in my head were at war. The evil voice was sayin’, :twisted: “Ya want it? Go and Get it! You DESERVE it! You worked hard. You are thin! That bread will go nicely with the salad, apple and chicken you are going to have for lunch.”

The good voice said, :angel: “Nanc, you ARE in control. Leopard Woman enjoys lookin’ slinky and fit. You had a nice treat yesterday; you ate chips, salsa, cheese and sour cream on your burrito. You don’t need that bread today if you’re going to have that chocolate mousse tomorrow. Yadda yadda. Remember the two day rule…”

My dilemma: Tell the :angel: good voice to shuddup and then go directly to the bakery and get that fresh baked bread – some for Communion and some for moi and scarf it with homemade jam or eat my regular daily food allotment without bread ‘n jam and have guilt-free dessert the next day.

Do I always make the right decision?

Nope. :shock:

Did I get the bread?

Nope.

:table: I picked something far worse: TWO butter cookies loaded with macadamias.

I had a :cheers: Medifast Monday. Because I can.

Mike may be the only just about perfect person on the Forum…he rarely had anything but shakes on the weight loss plan (Don’tcha just :x hate him for it?!)

We all screw up sometime. I just say, “Congratulations! You, too, are human.”

When ya have one of those foody weekend binges, confess it, have a Marvelous Medifast Monday. Then have a Terrific Medifast Tuesday. Then a Wonderful Medifast Wednesday. A Thrilling Medifast Thursday. Next comes a Fabulous Medifast Friday; Super Medifast Saturday and a Sizzlin’ Medifast Sunday (Err..that is a Sizzlin’ SunDAY, not Sundae!)

Better yet, before you succumb to the Foody Urges, the :twisted: evil voices, try to determine the triggers, call someone or come online and let us help you to PREVENT it!

Remember how you felt this weekend?

Write it down. Then when the stupid idiotic thought of entering the Forbidden Food Zone crosses your mind, re-read your diary about how lousy it feels to lose days and not weight, how lousy it feels to extend the weight loss phase for a few more days, how lousy your stomach felt, how lousy your blood sugars were and allow the Forum Friends to beat :whip: some sense into you with our excess belt lengths now that we have smaller waist sizes!

You are goin’ for the goal! You are not lookin’ back at this Glitch in the Golden Road! :drive: You are on your way to Thinville and there are no more stops! :coach: Full speed ahead!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby cdixon » May 25th, 2004, 7:09 am

Thank you Tami Nancy and Mike and Echo and EVERYONE -- I am back on the Program and feel better fot it. I am definitely going to write everything down so that I read it later when I feel like I want to go into what I call the "Fat Zone". That is when I just "Zone" everything out and eat "FAT" things. My mother is setting up my new computer for me this week so I hope to get a lifeline back in the house for the weekends.

BTW I did get on the scale this morning and was happy to find out that after Medifasting on Monday I was back to the 240 mark that I hit on 5-19. What I need to remember is that it could have been lower. A three day binge cost me time that I could have been losing weight. :x 6 Days to be exact :brickwall:
Christina
Start Date 05/10/04
cdixon

Return to The Weight Room