starting AGAIN

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Serendipity » May 25th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Joy,

The good news is - there are quite a few of us here that are in about the same place. There will be a mass celebration this fall when we all reach goal! I have talked to others who are very interested in making the maintenance forum come alive at that time, if not before. I look forward to seeing you there.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby jump4joy » May 25th, 2006, 1:17 pm

That IS good news, Jo! I've noticed that there is very little activity in the Maintenance forum, so I was a little worried that everyone who gets to goal disappears, never to be heard from again. :( To me, being actively involved in a maintenance group support will be so important, because in my experience, maintenance is just as hard, if not HARDER, than losing the weight. So happy to hear that the forum will come alive this fall. :D I'll look forward to being there with you!
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » May 26th, 2006, 9:07 pm

Howdy, I just posted some ramblings in the maintenance room...

hopefully they will serve as food for thought for ya

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-7260.html
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 26th, 2006, 9:39 pm

I agree with you totally Jo and Joy...I plan to stick aroud during maintenance and hope that board livens up! I think I'm going to need it!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

welcome back

Postby LAwoman » June 1st, 2006, 5:41 pm

to all of us!!!

Raederle,

While "glad" is not the word to see you back here, it sure is nice to see you. How fabulous of you to get back here with only 20 gained pounds to lose instead of all the weight you worked on losing last year. So to begin with, give yourself a huge pat on the back.

Look forward to your supportive words. There's some amazing people with amazing losses here for us all to learn from.

While I'm not at goal and have a ways to go, I'm glad I got back to MF before ALL the weight returned. If there's one thing I've learned in all my years of dieting, it's MF works best for me. Now if I can just master that maintenance thing ;) Sigh, still a work in progress.

Glad you came back to what works. Look forward to seeing you reach goal.
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » June 2nd, 2006, 10:41 am

hey everyone!

i have stayed compliant since my last post. ill tell ya what...the mental is totally the key! the meals are my FUEL not my COMFORT. i know we all will be alive in the maintenance room. i totally think we should all look at this as a goal in itself. a fun place to share the challenges and successes of keeping the blubber off! i wish i had more time to be on the forum. there are so many wonderful lessons here. serendipity's post is really hitting hom with me. i also printed out nancys list and am going to tape it to the fridge.

all i do know is that in order for this to work, you have to really follow the program to a T. i think starting and stopping just through me into the same old patterns of dieting prior to MF.

i have lost 8 pounds so far and have 42 to go. i am on a new medication for depression and chronic insomnia and this has slowed my loss dramatically. i am in the process of changing meds for that exact reason.

everyone here is so full of positive energy! i am so excited to keep shaking! i hope to be at goal by my 36th birthday, 11/25/06!!!!!!

yee haw!!!!! :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Re: welcome back

Postby raederle » June 2nd, 2006, 8:50 pm

LAwoman wrote:While I'm not at goal and have a ways to go, I'm glad I got back to MF before ALL the weight returned. If there's one thing I've learned in all my years of dieting, it's MF works best for me. Now if I can just master that maintenance thing ;) Sigh, still a work in progress.

:mrgreen: I SOOO hear you, LAWoman! We're both a work in progress! ;) Here's to making this journey for the final time, eh? :buddies:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » June 3rd, 2006, 6:07 pm

Leeann ~

I am SO PROUD of you! Yeah! Oh, wow! Now I can go to sleep tonight relieved that you are on your way to your goal!

Keep on shakin' and what an awesome birthday you'll have PLUS the added benefit of a healthier way of living - it improves the quality of our lives, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Come on in.